Steroids Era Over? Hitting, scoring drop to lowest in 2 decades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaMonster. Show LaMonster's posts

Re: Steroids Era Over? Hitting, scoring drop to lowest in 2 decades

LaMond’s swing was short and quick, picking up speed as the thick of the bat made hard contact with the ball. The crack was so loud Schmurr ducked and let out a yelp, though the ball soared high above his head. It kept going and going, and the eight or nine people in the stands with nothing better to do were cheering and yelling, though I shot a look at Ruth and saw she was sucking her thumb in a horrific anxiety attack. I felt embarrassed for her and embarrassed to know her and then shamed to feel that way, but no one was paying attention as the ball kept going, with the little center fielder Todd Sanderhaus climbing the fence, not to try to catch it but just to watch it. 

From “LaMonster: A Steroid Romance.” First 714 downloads of this novel in nine innings are free, at 

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fListingClass=0&fSearch=tom+scanlon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

camel toe has no idea what he is saying.  He just makes things up as he goes along and tries to pass off his innacurate opinions as facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Steroids Era Over? Hitting, scoring drop to lowest in 2 decades:
    [QUOTE]camel toe has no idea what he is saying.  He just makes things up as he goes along and tries to pass off his innacurate opinions as facts.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

If you want to live in denial CYDI I understand, I do too.  I wish we lived in a world where everyone was on a level playing field but the Sox don't see things that way.  They will do whatever it takes to get an edge, I don't know how they sleep at night,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

what have the sox done to get an edge?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Steroids Era Over? Hitting, scoring drop to lowest in 2 decades:
    [QUOTE]what have the sox done to get an edge?

I've stated it throughout the thread.  CYDI you are in such denial that you've wiped the threads reading from your mind? Its worse than I thought.  You should take it easy buddy and rest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think a few here are jucing lately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

so camel toe,  you make a statment like the sox will do whatever to get an edge but when asked for examples you change the subject.........you should take it easy buddy and rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think a few here are jucing lately.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

They didn't read the Warning Label: May cause you to flip flop and be FOS on every post. If you have a delusional episode that lasts more than 4 hours, please put on your straight-jacket and call your physician.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]so camel toe,  you make a statment like the sox will do whatever to get an edge but when asked for examples you change the subject.........you should take it easy buddy and rest.

The writing is on the wall CYDI, like I said I don't want to believe it either but these guys are intent on doing whatever it takes to win.  I want to believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny too man but I live in the real world, come join us man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

the snake oil is flowing like words from the mouth of babes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Can the two of you stop already? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

jessey, I don't think you get it, sounds like you  fell out of the Stupid tree and had every brunch in town

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

After what I saw on CNN the other day, it's fairly obvious Jeter is on 'roids.

Jeter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]After what I saw on CNN the other day, it's fairly obvious Jeter is on 'roids.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

He's coming up on 10,000 RBI's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]After what I saw on CNN the other day, it's fairly obvious Jeter is on 'roids.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]LOL...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Oh yeah, he took the new product he's going to endorse, "One a Day Steroids" for the aging athlete. They only last one day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

First of all let's see where the production ends up at the end of the year because as the weather warmed up so did the bats in a big way.

But also there is another reasons besides PEDs becoming less common in the game. First, the pitching is much better. More young pitchers are making to bigs than did in the past. Almost every team has at least one true ace. And SI did a great article about the greater use of the cut fastball and how that is creating a sea change. Just as the splitter did in the late 80's, the cutter is getting wide adoption. More pitchers are throwing it and they are throwing it more often. When combined with a good 4 seam fastball it is hard to hit and harder to square up deep.

If you haven't seen the SI article I recommend it, a lot stats to back up what they are saying...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeah, he took the new product he's going to endorse, "One a Day Steroids" for the aging athlete. They only last one day.

Hes got an Edge.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeah, he took the new product he's going to endorse, "One a Day Steroids" for the aging athlete. They only last one day.

I heard canaries are doing them now too; they end up with quite a tweet.

.... You need to find another way to vent.