Steve Lyons in, Jerry Remy out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Steve Lyons in, Jerry Remy out

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I started watching the game with Orsillo  and Lyons but I missed the middle three innings.  Lyons put me to sleep in the 2nd.  Fortunately I woke up in time to see the Sox rally and win.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

Lyons seems to be a big JBJ fan.  he likes the way JBJ tracks down balls by turning his back to the ball.  He had nice things to say about Xander with a comparison to TonyC but someone swears Steve said BillyC.  I don't think anyone not watching during those years knows BillyC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Steal the Hawk from the pale hose. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Can't listen to him, he is absolutely brutal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I started watching the game with Orsillo  and Lyons but I missed the middle three innings.  Lyons put me to sleep in the 2nd.  Fortunately I woke up in time to see the Sox rally and win.  

[/QUOTE]

Lyons seems to be a big JBJ fan.  he likes the way JBJ tracks down balls by turning his back to the ball.  He had nice things to say about Xander with a comparison to TonyC but someone swears Steve said BillyC.  I don't think anyone not watching during those years knows BillyC.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, probably I didn't sleep through the whole middle innings, but I'm SURE I heard him mispronounce "Coningliaro".  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ok he may have,  I was doing something else and I just barely heard it.  But I did think I heard Tony and not Billy but not sure.  It is amazing the stats flowing on their computers.  If you are doing the color, don't talk about TonyC unless you lived thru it or at least know how to pronounce his last name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the "TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Thanks Bill.  The person who brought it to my attention has replayed it several times and confirms it was BillyC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks Bill.  The person who brought it to my attention has replayed it several times and confirms it was BillyC.

[/QUOTE]Your WELCOME,   I will never forget TONY C as i got home early from school that day and was standing in front of the  T V when TONY took the 1st pitch in his Fenway debut into the screen .......  Often wonder what his final #'s would have looked like if he had not been beaned and had a 15+- run at FENWAY PAAAAK ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the "TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!

[/QUOTE]

just cant help yourself, can you bill???

not even 1 day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the "TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!

[/QUOTE]

not even 1 day.

[/QUOTE]What are you TALKING about ????????  Where, how, WHY are you sooooo thinned skinned ????  I don't think that I know anyone like you that plays by your own rules........  You might want to see if you can get in to see a Doctor for some type of a scan ???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not even 1 day.

[/QUOTE]

I am the one who brought up Steve Lyons referring to TonyC as BillyC.  I wasn't sure and Bill just confirmed that it did happen. It wasn't a dig on Lyons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!"

[/QUOTE]

TRANSPARENCY...... a little dig at the BIG O???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!"

[/QUOTE]

TRANSPARENCY...... a little dig at the BIG O???

[/QUOTE]

THATS A BINGO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not even 1 day.

[/QUOTE]What are you TALKING about ????????  Where, how, WHY are you sooooo thinned skinned ????  I don't think that I know anyone like you that plays by your own rules........  You might want to see if you can get in to see a Doctor for some type of a scan ???

[/QUOTE]

you know exactly what i am talking about.  and i will continue to single out every one of your political stabs/jabs/innuendos.

ya dig?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

WHY are you sooooo thinned skinned ???? 

[/QUOTE]

not thin skinned bill.  if i was i would have disappeared from this site long.long ago.  i am tired of your endless and needless political drivel.  it is beyond tiresome.  you go on the moderator thread less than 24 hours ago and post how you will stop doing it.  how many times have we heard that before from you?  we have seen it dozens and dozens of times over the years.  most recently you apologize for incessantly demonizing david ortiz and then 3 posts later take a dig at him.  there are examples of this type of behavior over and over again.  the best 2 weeks this website has seen in recent years were the 2 weeks recently that you were banned.  

continue to make political remarks out of left field and i will continue to single them out.  dad says "you can GUARANTEE that.  take it to the bank$$$$$$$$$$."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Lunkhead comment gets the removal.....smh.

But a thread about smashing someone stays.....think I got it. Good job mods!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Again, you are all wet here .......  TRANSPARENCY is a word that is used everyday in America in every walk of life including SPORTS .....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Again, you are all wet here .......  TRANSPARENCY is a word that is used everyday in America in every walk of life including SPORTS .....

[/QUOTE]

type what you will bill.  but you are not fooling me.  you forgot the "quotes" this time.  but thank you for capitalizing it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

type what you will bill.  but you are not fooling me.  you forgot the "quotes" this time.  but thank you for capitalizing it...

[/QUOTE]You are working to hard here........   The MODS need to give you time off for a FULL MEDICAL CHECK UP as you must be stressed and ovaaa the TOP !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

not even 1 day.

[/QUOTE]

SFB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The thing about Lyons is he doesn't stop running his mouth and I am cringing thinking he is going to say something really stupid that will get him fired again.  He needs to be be much more conservative with the thoughts he shares aloud.  Sometimes I am concerned with where he may be going once he starts babbling......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

Again, you are all wet here .......  TRANSPARENCY is a word that is used everyday in America in every walk of life including SPORTS ....

[QUOTE]

Come on Bill.... where's your TRANSPARENCY? We all know how and why you chose to capitalize this word, then not too shortly after you're over on the political boards posting your "love" for the BIG O.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on Bill.... where's your TRANSPARENCY? We all know how and why you chose to capitalize this word, then not too shortly after you're over on the political boards posting your love for the BIG O.

[/QUOTE]LOVE   ??????????????   NOT HARDLY  !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on Bill.... where's your TRANSPARENCY? We all know how and why you chose to capitalize this word, then not too shortly after you're over on the political boards posting your "love" for the BIG O.

[/QUOTE]

LOVE   ??????????????   NOT HARDLY  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Eye-roll.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I always suspect that the vitriol thrown at announcers is just masked jealousy. They get paid for what we do for free, watch and talk baseball. My favorites these days are Gary Thorne, Orioles, and FP Santangelo, Nationals.

My all-time most hated is Joe Morgan, of course he broke my heart in 1975, so, maybe that's why.