Steve Lyons in, Jerry Remy out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Steve Lyons in, Jerry Remy out

In response to youkillus' comment:

I always suspect that the vitriol thrown at announcers is just masked jealousy. They get paid for what we do for free, watch and talk baseball. My favorites these days are Gary Thorne, Orioles, and FP Santangelo, Nationals.

My all-time most hated is Joe Morgan, of course he broke my heart in 1975, so, maybe that's why.

I know many did not like Joe but I did. I would be glued to the tv when he did games and then switch over to espn radio when he switched over there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

He did say BILLY C. and Don O gave him a pass on it .....  I was thinking that all Don had to do was to write "TONY" on a note pad in front of him, but didn't.  This was not the TRANSPARENCY" out of the booth that I am looking for...  However, I too will give him a pass as it was STEVE'S 1st night and I thought that he did well.....  As someone who has been in a "MEDIA BOOTH",  I know that it takes time to get comfortable with all on board.....  Sort of like a NEW D P combo !!"

TRANSPARENCY...... a little dig at the BIG O???

THATS A BINGO

Bill thinks he's smarter than the rest of us - that we wouldn't see that dig - and if we did he'd plead ignorance.  The next thing you know Bill will be playing the victim, running to the mods saying, "See?  They're picking on me!  :-(((  "
On day #1 he says we'll "Reset and see how it works" and on Day #2 we find out how it works.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Again, you are all wet here .......  TRANSPARENCY is a word that is used everyday in America in every walk of life including SPORTS .....

Come on Bill.... where's your TRANSPARENCY? We all know how and why you chose to capitalize this word, then not too shortly after you're over on the political boards posting your love for the BIG O.

LOVE   ??????????????   NOT HARDLY  !!!

SFB!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I always suspect that the vitriol thrown at announcers is just masked jealousy. They get paid for what we do for free, watch and talk baseball. My favorites these days are Gary Thorne, Orioles, and FP Santangelo, Nationals.

My all-time most hated is Joe Morgan, of course he broke my heart in 1975, so, maybe that's why.

Morgan drove me nuts!  He rambled on about nothing then he would repeat that "nothing" over and over again.  He seemed like a nice enough guy but he was not an announcer.

I think it's harder to do than most of us think but morgan was in way over his head.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I know many did not like Joe but I did. I would be glued to the tv when he did games and then switch over to espn radio when he switched over there.

LOL, I think you are one of the nicest poster who has ever posted here!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to steven11's comment:

LOL, I think you are one of the nicest poster who have ever posted here!

Thanks.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I think you are one of the nicest poster who has ever posted here!

[/QUOTE]

Mental note:  67redsox is easily fooled.

Which one of steven11's alias would you be referring to?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Morgan drove me nuts!  He rambled on about nothing then he would repeat that "nothing" over and over again.  He seemed like a nice enough guy but he was not an announcer.

I think it's harder to do than most of us think but morgan was in way over his head.

Joe Morgan didn't ever tell me anything I didn't already know.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Joe Morgan didn't ever tell me anything I didn't already know.  

Well, Joe Morgan did say the SOX won the '75 WS, 3-4.

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts