Sticking up for each other-no team unity

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity

In Response to Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity:
    In Response to Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity : calzone is that clueless. his brain is haunted by trolls; he's lost all reasoning ability.
    Posted by mryazz

Amen to that.  Just hit the Iggy Button on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity":
    The slide was very aggressive, but not dirty.  Not worth a retaliation plunk at all.   Posted by SpacemanEephus
    You are right but missing the point, the slide was borderline but sox teams of years past would have responded differently,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity:
    In response to "Re: Sticking up for each other-no team unity": You are right but missing the point, the slide was borderline but sox teams of years past would have responded differently,
    Posted by fourrings

no reason to throw at a guy who did nothing wrong (was not a dirty slide) then have the rangers throw at pedey or a-gone and potentially hurt them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I thought it was a game that got out of hand. It was a loss. Hard to get upset down 15, hard to throw at somebody for no reason. The slide was good baseball, nothing more, nothing less. It was probably the end of Melancon's MLB career, so it was even said in some respects. I felt awful for him. Rout game and he just poured the gasoline and the Rangers went teeing off on him like it was a home run hitting contest. Lester was less than good, and the Rangers again show what power does--it's a nice luxury to have four power guys in that lineup. Drewski made a comment about talent. I agree in some respects. The Sox talent level, especially depth in the infield and outfield is poor. Repko, Ross, Punto, Aviles, McDonald, Salty, Shoppach not exactly striking must fear into opponents. Ortiz and AGON and Pedroia need to carry the team and Youkilis is currently in the worst slump I've ever seen him in. Sweeney has been the team's most pleasant surprise offensively, and he can play a little D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from recdd2. Show recdd2's posts

My point wasnt that it was a completely dirty slide...Ive seen worse, although I will say if you go by the rule book it was an illegal slide.  From his position he could not realistically touch secondbase, and he did throw his elbow in Aviles.  My point was the sox teams of the past, the ones who made runs deep into the playoffs would not have let something like that go unpunished.  If a player is going to slide like that, aggressively, fine.  But expect retaliation.  This sox team is more concerned with finding stiches in the clubhouse and their own personal appearance then winning.  My point was the lack of response is a sign of how weak this team is, both mentally and physically.

Sections
Shortcuts