STILL A DOPE! A-Rod linked to Manny Ramirez adviser being probed for ties to performance-enhancing drugs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: STILL A DOPE! A-Rod linked to Manny Ramirez adviser being probed for ties to performance-enhancing drugs

THe best thing for the Yankees and ARod is for him to miss the whole, come back in a year and basically start over.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: STILL A DOPE! A-Rod linked to Manny Ramirez adviser being probed for ties to performance-enhancing drugs

All of which leads me to believe that both this hip operation and his previous operation, were covers for suspensions.  Not to say that he didn't need the operations, but they took place because they knew he was going to be suspended anyway.  And when he eventually receives his lifetime ban, they will use the operations as a cover to try to collect on his insurance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

Geez this guy is an idiot!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/feds-mlb-probe-a-rod-adviser-ped-link-article-1.1248437

Plus, he's not really an idiot.  The NYY signed him knowing he was using PEDs.  What is the alternative?  Going back to an aging non-PED player?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Here we go again....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

All of which leads me to believe that both this hip operation and his previous operation, were covers for suspensions.  Not to say that he didn't need the operations, but they took place because they knew he was going to be suspended anyway.  And when he eventually receives his lifetime ban, they will use the operations as a cover to try to collect on his insurance.

WHOA JB

don't go KST on us

why would MLB keep this on the Q T

if he is still using I have mixed feelings

the better he is the better for nyy

he already got his money so you can't say

it's about that

truth his he is risking quite a bit of money

to be the best he can be

It's merely a suspcion, much like I suspected Jordan was suspended for gambling in a back door fashion.  BB would like this issue to disappear ASAP, and a suspension of ARod would keep this in the papers for another year.

IRT being the best he can be, it is the same logic as to why kids cheat on tests, sell drugs, et.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

That's news to me. From everything I have read the terms of the insurance policy that the Yankees have on arod have not been disclosed, so nobody except for the Yankees know exactly what money, if any, that they will recoup.

I hadn't heard anything either

but if someone was to get something from hal

my moneys on madden

I won't bet on it though

I have also read in several articles that the majority of these long term contracts are only insured for the early part, typically no more than 4-5 years. If that is the case with arod's contract, the Yanks wouldn't be covered at all.

I have read they take the big contracts 3 yrs at a time

but that might of been just pitchers

I wish they guy would just retire and sail off into the sunset, it would be best for all parties involved.

mostly because of this new budget kick

I won't argue with that

It would be almost impossible to imagine what the rules would be for a contrat paying a guy into old age.  You certainly can't use the same rule for someone 28 as for someone 38.  Everything is more brittle, and anything prone towards wearing down will be twice as risky.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

WHOA JB

don't go KST on us

why would MLB keep this on the Q T

if he is still using I have mixed feelings

the better he is the better for nyy

he already got his money so you can't say

it's about that

truth his he is risking quite a bit of money

to be the best he can be

It's merely a suspcion, much like I suspected Jordan was suspended for gambling in a back door fashion.  BB would like this issue to disappear ASAP, and a suspension of ARod would keep this in the papers for another year.

IRT being the best he can be, it is the same logic as to why kids cheat on tests, sell drugs, et.

A bit far fetched.

If it was true that Arod was/is riding out a suspension it would give the Yankees good grounds to void his contract.

Which I'm sure they would now love to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

A bit far fetched.

If it was true that Arod was/is riding out a suspension it would give the Yankees good grounds to void his contract.

The rumor was that any PED clauses on Giambi were stricken from the final contract.

It would also be really difficult for the NYY to take on the role of an innocent party duped by the player and his agent into beleiving he hadn't taken PEDs.  If this was in court, and I was on the jury, my assumption would be that the NYY knew exactly what they were doing, and it is too late to suddenly find religion.  I'd refer to it as a Conversion of Convenience, which I invented, and will eventually become a legal term.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

A bit far fetched.

The rumor was that any PED clauses on Giambi were stricken from the final contract.

It would also be really difficult for the NYY to take on the role of an innocent party duped by the player and his agent into beleiving he hadn't taken PEDs.  If this was in court, and I was on the jury, my assumption would be that the NYY knew exactly what they were doing, and it is too late to suddenly find religion.  I'd refer to it as a Conversion of Convenience, which I invented, and will eventually become a legal term.

You sound like a juror in the OJ trial.

Let's put a few things in context time wise.

If you remember ARod signed that big contract in 2005 with the Yankees.

Then in 2009 Arod was outed in a book by Salina Roberts as one of the players who failed the unpublished PED test admininstered by MLB in 2003.

This was news to everyone, and bad news to the Yankees.

However unlike the other players who failed that test, (Manny, Big Papi among them) Arod had a press conference and publicly admitted that he had cheated.

For him to get caught cheating now by the Yankees or MLB after signing that contract after admitting he cheated, after apologizing to the Yankees and his teammates  seems to me to be pretty good grounds for the Yankees to throw out his 2005 contract.

I'm not a lawyer but common sense dictates the Yankees would have a pretty good case.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Geez this guy is an idiot!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/feds-mlb-probe-a-rod-adviser-ped-link-article-1.1248437

Plus, he's not really an idiot.  The NYY signed him knowing he was using PEDs.  What is the alternative?  Going back to an aging non-PED player?

He's an idiot for continuing to put himself in these positions.

And if he is still using, it surely hasn't helped much!!

I think the dope is why he's having physical problems now. It's finally catching up to him, his body is breaking down.

Sections
Shortcuts