Stop it! Wake up, it AIN'T over!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Stop it! Wake up, it AIN'T over!

The Sox went 5-5. their last 10 games. So did, virtually, every other team that matters! Only the Orioles (6-4) were any better. Don't we have 5+, "10-game" stretches ahead? Accentuating the positive, Gonzo, Crawford, Big Papi, and "Magic" Ciriaco, among others, seem to be alive and well.

A couple of 7-3 or 8-2 stretches will get this tram in the playoffs. Come on Lester come on Beckett! Get mad! It is not just possible, it is doable!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Stop it! Wake up, it AIN'T over!

I think sometimes the only reason I watch is for the same reason I don't turn off the news.

A train wreck is interesting

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox should take 2 of 3 or better yet sweep the Rangers, and then turn around and lose 3 of 4 to slumping Indians. I keep waiting for the 8 game winning streak, to put them in the drivers seat for WC, cause if the team gets hot at the right time anything is possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Stop it! Wake up, it AIN'T over!:
    [QUOTE]It's not probable, but until it's over mathematically, why not continue to remain optimistic and hopeful?  What's the harm in that? Frustration?  Disappointment?  Heartbreak?  That all comes with the territory.  That makes the winning all that much sweeter.  I often think how boring it must be to be a Yankee fan. I gave up hope in 2004 (and many years prior to that)  once we were down 2-0 in the ALCS.  I enjoyed the WS Championship as much as anyone, but boy was I disappointed in myself for not giving that team a chance. Don't stop believing!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]Exactly. I'll run up the white flag if and when we're mathematically eliminated. Sometimes it seems like a race around here to see who can count out the Sox first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

We get Ortiz back, this is the top 5 lineup in baseball. Glad most pitchers are RH! Tonight we get what we'll could be getting the rest of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Even the gamethread folks are happy tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

If the Red Sox should sweep the Rangers, arguably the best team in the AL or even in MLB, they might get a surge of momentum that could indeed carry them...They have a loaded lineup, and need to avoid any more injuries for the rest of the year, to belabor the obvious...As a Yankee fan, I still fear them more than the Rays or the O's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Not impossible; nor probable.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Perfectly put !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]   The Sox should take 2 of 3 or better yet sweep the Rangers, and then turn around and lose 3 of 4 to slumping Indians. I keep waiting for the 8 game winning streak, to put them in the drivers seat for WC, cause if the team gets hot at the right time anything is possible.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath for the 8 game winning streaks. It's just not going to happen this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]What bothers me most about this team is that once I think they've turned a corner, they prove me wrong yet again and go and lose 3 of 4 to a team like the Twins.  This has happened at least 5 times so far and I guess I'm coming to the realization that it may continue through September. I'm still watching though.
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Me too.  Every time I start to get all excited and confident in a surge......wuh.    .500 time again!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I havent completely given up yet, Ill have more faith in them when this team can sustain a legit winning streak ...they win 3, lose 4, win 4 lose 3...That is why they are a .500 team right now...Not pessimistic, just looking at the reality of it...

Sections
Shortcuts