STOP THE NONSENSE.... get back to baseball.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

STOP THE NONSENSE.... get back to baseball.........

This stuff is a direct result of our beloved Red $ox "playing out the string" !!!   Lets stop the attacking of each other and get ready to make things tough for the playoff contenders the rest of the way.....  Next up, "HOT STOVE LEAGUE"   !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: STOP THE NONSENSE.... get back to baseball.........

Here's my little start up for the Hot Stove league.  Ben will go after Hamilton and wins the bidding war (could be another huge cnotract mistake) and trade Ells and Melancon to the Giants for Lincecum. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I wouldn't mind if they went after Lincecum, but I think the Giants would want more than just those two, even though he had an off year. Probably would want several of our young pitchers and/or position players.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Is Lincecum a F.A.?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

I wouldn't mind if they went after Lincecum, but I think the Giants would want more than just those two, even though he had an off year. Probably would want several of our young pitchers and/or position players.

Felix Hernandez is who the Sox will attempt to acquire, but so will NY. My guess he wears pinstripes next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THANK YOU ALL, good to see us getting back to BASEBALL !!!    Go $ox !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

This stuff is a direct result of our beloved Red $ox "playing out the string" !!!   Lets stop the attacking of each other and get ready to make things tough for the playoff contenders the rest of the way.....  Next up, "HOT STOVE LEAGUE"   !!!!

What nonsense?  This is what you wanted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I wouldn't take him for -0- prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Any free agent pitcher of Tim Lincecum's caliber will land an expensive long-term contract.

That's what makes Lincecum attractive: an acquiring team would have no more than a one-year commitment to Lincecum (albeit at $22 million).

Here is one proposal:

Jacoby Ellsbury (one year, estimated $10 million)
    John Lackey (three years, $31 million, or two years $30.5 million)
    Anthony Ranaudo (six years of control)

for

Tim Lincecum (one year, $22 million)
    Barry Zito (one year, $27 million, or two years, $38 million)
    catcher Hector Sanchez (six years of control)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Any free agent pitcher of Tim Lincecum's caliber will land an expensive long-term contract.

That's what makes Lincecum attractive: an acquiring team would have no more than a one-year commitment to Lincecum (albeit at $22 million).

Here is one proposal:

Jacoby Ellsbury (one year, estimated $10 million)
    John Lackey (three years, $31 million, or two years $30.5 million)
    Anthony Ranaudo (six years of control)

for

Tim Lincecum (one year, $22 million)
    Barry Zito (one year, $27 million, or two years, $38 million)
    catcher Hector Sanchez (six years of control)

I'd prefer Ellsbury at $10M by a fair degree over Lincecum for $22M.  there is no guarantee that Lincecum will out-perform, and if he does, by $12M?

I'd way prefer Lackey over Zito.  It's one year of Zito for the same price as three years of lackey.

Don't know enough about Sanchez, though he might be an interesting target.  Decent minor league stats, though he doesn't show up as a top-100 per BA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Again, not true.........  You are trying to keep the pot stirring.....  Let's get back to baseball !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I wouldn't take him for -0- prospects.

Exactly....it's laughable that some people think Lincecum stilll carries significant value....

Forget his horse-and-buggy numbers like W-L....his steady decline in Ks and increase in Ws over 4 years are the smokiest of guns.  His last great year was 2009!  And his 2013 salary is $22m.....as with Manny in October 2003, I think if the Giants put him on irrev waves he wouldn't be claimed...

No way would I swap Lester for him, for example, not even close.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Again, not true.........  You are trying to keep the pot stirring.....  Let's get back to baseball !!!

Bill - Nothing...NOTHING..would get this forum back to baseball more than you stopping your relentless, factless, thoughtless "political" BS embedded in your posts.

Geddit?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Yet J-Bay loves the Bill-806, 2004Idiots, Babe, and Yazzer routines. J-Bay never knew a troll that he didn't like.

Huh?  The others you mention are part of the ignorant, worthless, timewasters around here, but J-Bay is one of the good buys.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Don't believe me?  Ask Bill about anything.....he has no clue.  Consider....idunno...gravity.  Ask him!  Ask Bill-806 about gravity.  See what he says.  Gravity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

"good buys" an accidental, positive typo....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Not stirring the pot.  Did you not want all the 'fatcats' traded?

Did you not want the kids promoted?

Here is your transformation.  Enjoy it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill I'm all for that. If you could cut out your political trolling that would be great as well, your nonsenical political rants are a big part of the "nonsense" we have seen here. As long as you do keep doing that, your ability to play the nonsense card is taken away.

In terms of the Sox, I'm not quite ready to talk free agent moves and such, but what I want to see now is not wins or losses but moves that are made to help us evaluate the talent on the team. 

Tough decisions on the catcher spot remain, would love to see some of that get sorted. Doubront is another question, not sure there is an answer though. Dice K has to go. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not stirring the pot.  Did you not want all the 'fatcats' traded?

Did you not want the kids promoted?

Here is your transformation.  Enjoy it.

And Im OK with where we are at right now.... It will get better in 2013... Who would have thought that on August 31st A-Gon,Crawford, & BECKETT$ WOULD BE SENT OFF TO THE DODGERS WHO HAVE GONE 6-10 SINCE ??? This has been an exciting year of "CHANGE" and now we have the opportunity to play "SPOILER" .......  BTW, Joe, Did I think for a minute that I would get my wish and have the above "TRANSFORM" ?? Heck no !!  But it did and i get the feeling that you and others are upset with the outcome, let the HATE go, Joe !!!

Sections
Shortcuts