Stop the over reaction

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Stop the over reaction

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

JimfromFlorida doesn't like the board negativity nor does he care for the board positivety. 'Enjoy the Ride' he says.... exactly what ride would that be? The ferris wheel that doesn't go round? The Roller Coaster that has no loop-de-loops? 

What a bore and what a grump.

LMAO! niice one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well then, Id say between Miller's injury, Uehara's ugly truth being revealed and last nights abominable collapse, the over reaction is effectively halted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to cedarwood's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to cedarwood's comment:

Agree that even the mere metion of the 100 wins is assinine at this point. 

I got banned last night for praising joe Breidy as being a great poster. Why?????

Unbelievable. Last night I listed all of the reasons why I like Joe Breidy as one of the best posters on the forum and the thread was deleted and I was banned in a matter of minutes. Who is in charge here when it comes to deleting threads and banning posters?  Address your questions to Hanafin@boston.com. My guess is that someone has stolen the email address and password of Teresa Hanafin and is bnning posters for no reason.

What in the world was evil or wrong with me praising Joe Breidy as a poster. I also like Notin and  Kimmi as posters. Does that also deserve a banning?  What do you think about this J-Bay?

Hanifin@Boston.com. Put a stop to the indiscriminate banning of posters that speak the truth and annoy J-Bay. The forum needs more Sox fans.

If this thread gets deleted within minutes then you can blame it on J-Bay or Teresa. Shame on you J-Bay for your actions.

Pike is there some drunken reason you keep using my posts as a platform to rouse your rabble?

I wasn't talking at all in anything that I said above about Examiner. Why are you taking personally comments that I made about J-Bay? You and J-Bay do seem to be really good  buddies, never disagree, and both  love the stupidity on gamethreads, and come here at the same time, holding hands. However my comments were directed at J-Bay and not clone Examiner.

Speaking of clones, as I said in the other thread where you posted this drivel, I dont care enough about aything you say to take it "personally". You just arent that important pike. Secondly, I barely even noticed that you mentioned jbay and couldnt care less. Third, get a conversation about Eli Manning started and youll see that jbay and I dont agree on everything. Fourth, I have no idea when jbay gets on here, and youre the only numb brain on this entire forum that thinks I am jbay. Again, my original question about why you keep using my totally unrelated to anything youre talking about posts, hits more at your insanity than it does any feeling you hope to evoke in me so you can ge a reaction and validate your reason for living. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure how talking of 100 wins somehow interferes with sitting back and enjoying the ride.---  Never said this

I do think posters tend to over-react during hot or cold streaks, Got this right

but it kind of irks me a little when people assume some of us are not enjoying the season, just because we...  Never said this

1) are critical of some aspects of our team   Never said this

2) are into stats and metrics and trends in numbers  Never said this

3) are wanting to make adjustments to our roster to better our chances now and in the future  Never said this

Sox4ever

MOON you missed the point and IMHO took it a bit personal I think????

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Jim. I have never had a beef with you. I get where you are coming from and did take it too personally.

I have been accused by others of being too much into data and numbers (not you) to enjoy the game or see the human side of baseball. 

I was really trying to piggyback off your statement, but it sounded like I was calling you out. Sorry for that.

[/QUOTE]

We are good BTW I find most of your posts great and some are over the top and some because I do not get some of the new stats just confuse the hell out of me.Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

JimfromFlorida doesn't like the board negativity nor does he care for the board positivety. 'Enjoy the Ride' he says.... exactly what ride would that be? The ferris wheel that doesn't go round? The Roller Coaster that has no loop-de-loops? 

What a bore and what a grump.

T

negativity does not bother me...negativity with out reason/fact bugs me

positivity does not bother me ...positivity with out reason/fact bugs me.

Interpetation: Many RS fans believe things are all ways worse than they really are and when good are a lot better than they really are.

RS had a lopsing streak a month ago and far too many thought the end was near and they needed to make major moves right away so as to not lose the season.

RS are currently on a very good streak despite last night and some are talking 100 wins like it is a given.

We must remember this team is over performing in some areas and under in others. I believed this team was better than what many thought in ST but not this good. Far too many see the great ending before all the games are played.

By enjoying the ride I mean do not get too high or too low and look at the whole picture and not just the current 5 game winning or losing streak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bullpen is a big concern when your top two guys, Tazawa and Uehara have been way overworked (Uehara at 40 games already), and the rest of the bullpen consists of:

Bailey, Breslow, Wilson, DeLaTorre and Aceves.

They need two good arms or they will wilt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm not sure how talking of 100 wins somehow interferes with sitting back and enjoying the ride.

I do think posters tend to over-react during hot or cold streaks, but it kind of irks me a little when people assume some of us are not enjoying the season, just because we...

1) are critical of some aspects of our team

2) are into stats and metrics and trends in numbers

3) are wanting to make adjustments to our roster to better our chances now and in the future

Sox4ever

As you know, and I think  Jim was getting at this:

1. There's a difference between honest criticism or concerns and mindless bashing based on nothin but the desire to bash.

Agreed. There's far too much of that on this site.

2. There's nothing wrong with being into stats and advanced metrics, but at times I feel some fans ignore the human element that's involved and important and cherry-picking stats in futile attempts to back up a mindless bashing.

I have been accused of ignoring the human element, because I back my positions up with data. Sometimes appearances may not equal reality, We don't really know each other that well here.

3. There's nothing wrong with wanting to find ways to improve the team, but again, it's the extreme that some posters go to or the ideas that are so far from reality that the ignorance behind it is mindboggling.

I love the, let's trade Bailey, Hanrahan and Bard for some player on a team looking to rebuild. Cracks me up everytime.

There's a difference in talking/dreaming about 100 wins when the team is going hot and the next-step some posters take in framing it as a likelihood -- the same posters who will look at one losing streak or one lost series (or even game) and extrapolate into a losing record.

Agreed, but I don't see how a poster thinking we may win 100 is somehow not enjoying the game as much because of that. (I guess if we lose...)

I don't want to put words into Jim's mouth, but I think his main point -- or at least my point would be -- is that too many fans get too caught up in the moment (good or bad moments) and don't sit back and enjoy the process. The baseball season is a long season and I think some fans in their effort to anaylize the moment lose the overall enjoyment of the season.

I've always tried to be even keeled through good and bad streaks. I hate the use of tiny sample sizes to make definitive judgements. It's the one thing that bugs me most on this site. softy is the master, but others jump on and off the bandwagon so much, their knees must be bloodied.

Just my opinion anyway.

And, fair ones at that.

Sox4ever

Moon, you are a stats guy and that's how you enjoy the game. Good for you!  I don't get into stats so I enjoy the game on a different level.  I don't understand alot of what you are saying but I think you are a smart guy and admire your attention to details.

I think highs and lows are part of the game.  I don't think the sox will win 100 games, I hope they are still in first place in october.  If they crash and burn I'll be annoyed ;0)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Well then, Id say between Miller's injury, Uehara's ugly truth being revealed and last nights abominable collapse, the over reaction is effectively halted.

A couple of days ago I heaped praise on Farrell, but today I blame him squarely for the extra inning loss saturday night. It seemed crazy to me to pitch Wilson in the 9th. Pitch your best and secure the victory. After Wilson gave up a long drive to the warning track with one on, Wilson could have been pulled with a left handed batter coming up but no, Wilson stayed in gave up a single which put 2 men on and still Farrell kept him in, whereapon Wilson plunked Trout. Uehara inherited a bases loaded situation with Pujols coming to the plate. Not exactly ideal! Uehara worked Pujols really well but he lunged at a 2 strike pitch and managed to wrist a weak liner into short center for a single. Then Synder throws the ground ball, 3rd out into right field and the tieing run scores. How is that Uehara's fault? Uehara inherited a terrible situation and got a couple of bad breaks. I'm hoping it wasn't a devastating loss, but if anything is learned it is that you can't put Wilson or Bailey anywhere a 9th inning situation even with a big lead, especially on the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I would never slander my uncles by comparing them to Ben and John.

Just because I like Red Sox baseball doesn't mean I have to "adopt" the front office and owners as "family", "friends" or anything close to it. They ar doing a job, trying to separate people from their money, and doing a damn good job of it!

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings
    You only wish they were your family!! Who you trying to kid ?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even after we win this thing, some clowns will come out and find fault.

My prediction of some future softyisms...

"When Beltran got hurt, the Sox backed into a ring."

"If the Cards had hit more balls to Drew, they'd have won."

"Incompetent managing and umpiring helped the Sox win."

"Papi should not repeat Mike Lowell's mistake. He should retire now."

"Drew's .050 post season mark should tell it all, but let's ignore Jake's post season numbers."

"Middlebrooks led us to the championship; just like I said he would back in March."

"Papi should have been walked every time up, even though he is a punch and Judy hitter, because Napoli can't protect him."

Fell free to chime in...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

"We have swept them if we'd played Nava more."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

"mom, bring some more cookies to my room in the basement"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"lucky our post season hopes don't rest on Ryan Dempster!  What a bum!"

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts