Stop the Pipe Dreaming about Paying 3rd Rate Pitchers 4th Rate Money...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Stop the Pipe Dreaming about Paying 3rd Rate Pitchers 4th Rate Money...

Provide specific details using only clown logic, please.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Stop the Pipe Dreaming about Paying 3rd Rate Pitchers 4th Rate Money...

Actually, I never went down to $750K, that's another figment of your overactive imagination. After 2011, I suggested an offer of $1M with incentives that could get him to make $2M or even $2.5M. That was it. I never lowered my suggested offer. 

I still would rather have had Wake at $1M + incentives than A Cook, Weiland, Wang, Bedard, Oswalt, or Chen. I doubt he'd have done any worse, but you are free to speculate and call me wrong another 3 million times, but please stop the lies about what I actually offered, or that I was suggesting he be anything more than our 6th starter for 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, I never went down to $750K, that's another figment of your overactive imagination. After 2011, I suggested an offer of $1M with incentives that could get him to make $2M or even $2.5M. That was it. I never lowered my suggested offer. 

I still would rather have had Wake at $1M + incentives than A Cook, Weiland, Wang, Bedard, Oswalt, or Chen. I doubt he'd have done any worse, but you are free to speculate and call me wrong another 3 million times, but please stop the lies about what I actually offered, or that I was suggesting he be anything more than our 6th starter for 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe to end this, Softy could provide us with a quote from on an older thread where you allegedly said this. Probably because he cant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe to end this, Softy could provide us with a quote from on an older thread where you allegedly said this. Probably because he cant.

[/QUOTE]

He's a blatant liar. My posts are all here for the reading. I even went back and found my specific Wake offer from lat winter, cut & pasted it, provided the link, and yet he still goes on lying.

I mentioned Wake as one option out of many as our possible 6th starter option. I was for acquiring a solid #1/2 starter, as I am every year, and mentioned Gio Gonzalez as my first choice. I also mentioned Gavin Floyd, Wandy Rodriguez, and a couple other names as possible #2/3 slot options. I stated that if we got a solid #2/3 starter, I'd be fine letting Wake go or not signing a spot starter type, but that I'd still offer him $1M with incentives to bring him up to $2 or $2.5M based on IP, GS, and appearances. If Wake stunk, he wouldn't get the innings, and would have been paid only $1M, which was the same as all the bums softy wanted for $1M, and who all had rotten 2012 seasons.

I find it interesting that softy keeps ranting over my positions on Wake, VTek, Mauer, and J Santana. It shows that he has nothing more recent to bash me about, while his recent and extended history is littered with massive mistaken positions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

who would go through 20,000 posts to call moon out? moon and harness drove the board batty for a year over Wakefield. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Jeremy Guthrie just signed a deal with the Royals for 3/25...So much for his 5m per max offer he would recieve...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I was for signing Wakefield in a limited role last year before he retired. I thought he could still pitch. After seeing this past year's performance I still think it would have been a good idea.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeremy Guthrie just signed a deal with the Royals for 3/25...So much for his 5m per max offer he would recieve...

[/QUOTE]

softy: wrong again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said to offer Guthrie 2 and max base 6. That he was able to get a market offer of base 8 and a 3rd years says nothing bout his value to the Red Sox.

More lies. He's already changed it from $5M to $6M.  Earlier today he changed his story from $10M/2 to $12M/2. In a few more minutes, it will be $8M/1 or $15M2. By tomorrow, he'll say he offered $24M/3.

The lies never stop.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

scratch that:  nearly 30,000 posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who would go through 20,000 posts to call moon out? moon and harness drove the board batty for a year over Wakefield. 

Can't say it more articulate than that. Well done.

I said to offer Guthrie 2 and max base 6. That he was able to get a market offer of base 8 and a 3rd years says nothing bout his value to the Red Sox.

Southpaux, your problem is you don't understand value and market value, which puts you in the same boat as the incompetent Cherry and 6M plus for a career backup catcher who never made more than about half that base for his entire career.

My pitching staff and full flowchart options are listed in detail. I've yet to see yours.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox have no issue going to the CBT. Why does it matter if you have to pay a guy 8 million instead of 6? Your values are based on your jealousy of how much players make. This isn't your household budget. You can wait around all you want but at somepoint somehow you need to make your team better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

No, it wold have been a bad idea. The 2012 Red Sox would have never hovered around .500 until the "get rid of Crawford all-time GM incompetence contract" by giving away AGon.

I understand your frustration, but it would have been better to trundle out naked women than return to the circus sideshow of a fat old man waddling around in a MLB game.

[/QUOTE]

You realize you are the one person in the world holding this belief. You not that much smarter than the rest of the world.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can't say it more articulate than that. Well done.

Southpaux, your problem is you don't understand value and market value, which puts you in the same boat as the incompetent Cherry and 6M plus for a career backup catcher who never made more than about half that base for his entire career.

My pitching staff and full flowchart options are listed in detail. I've yet to see yours.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox have no issue going to the CBT. Why does it matter if you have to pay a guy 8 million instead of 6? Your values are based on your jealousy of how much players make. This isn't your household budget. You can wait around all you want but at somepoint somehow you need to make your team better.

[/QUOTE]

apparently I understand the FA system more than he gives me, or anyone for that matter, credit for...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Softlaw is a moron, and not just about baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softlaw is a moron, and not just about baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. And if you dont agree with him on J. Upton, you too will be called a racist.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I want to pay 5th rate pitchers 8th rate money, talk about money ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

scratch that:  nearly 30,000 posts.

[/QUOTE]

The debate went on for months and months on several threads. You were there for part of it. So were many others.

My position was clear then, and nothing changed.

Stop enabling the silly clown to go on misrepresenting, distorting, and outright lying about other people's positions.