Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira.

For your information...

I understand that Adrian Gonzalez is struggling right now,
    but he is not declining like Mark (228) Teixeira. A-GON is
    still among the best 1B. in baseball. He had a monster
    season for us last year. Ok ?

On the other hand, Mark Teixeira can't hit above his weight
    anymore... Mark Teixeira is a good defense player, but his
    bat is always cold... especially during the post-season.
    In fact, Teixeira's bat is colder than an Alaska Ice Cream.
    And his contract is a big headache for Yanks stockholders.

So sit back & relax... and very soon you will see A-GON
    putting great numbers. Trust me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira.

I love it when they trash AGon because it serves as kind of a litmus test of who has almost zero knowledge of MLB.  If you trash AGON, you turn blue and are therefore acidic.  If you don't, you remain a Red Sox fan and therefore a basic good guy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

well said. anyone who wants to trade or bash A-gone must have downs syndrome.

hell, my cousin has downs syndrome and he knows that A-gone is an outlaw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Fruity azz batting stance. Always making this stupid blowfish face after popping up:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7h4ddqSF1qcnjlto1_500.jpg

Can't go the other way, what an overpaid bum!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What I never expected from AGon was how much fun it is watching him play in the field and at bat.  Grace under pressure.   Right now it's samson agonistes at the plate, but still greatness around first base.  Slow as molasses, but nobody's perfect. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Alex , I'll take 'Fair Weather' for $500

"This group calls itself a "Nation" but acts more like a bunch of hypocrites."

"What is the Angels fans giving up on Albert Pujols?"

"The Angels, do not have a "Nation", bonehead!...we were looking for Red Sox Nation...try thinking a little next time!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira.:
    [QUOTE]Fruity azz batting stance. Always making this stupid blowfish face after popping up: Can't go the other way, what an overpaid bum!
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

What a Goober Mark T is

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

so sad you couldn't cut it as a credible Yankee fan...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I preferred Youk, but think Teixeira was a good get for the Yankees--plenty of rbi's, etc. He helped them win another WS.   Maybe he's fading, maybe not. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]I preferred Youk, but think Teixeira was a good get for the Yankees--plenty of rbi's, etc. He helped them win another WS.   Maybe he's fading, maybe not. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    Clearly he is fading. This is his average and OBP as a yankee.

2009  .292/..383
    2010   .256/.365 
    2011    .248/.341

Even if you consider BA unimportant (where the drop has been most obvious) that trend is consistant and pretty bad. Those hardly look like great numbers for the type of contract he got to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira. : Clearly he is fading. This is his average and OBP as a yankee. 2009  .292/..383 2010   .256/.365  2011    .248/.341 Even if you consider BA unimportant (where the drop has been most obvious) that trend is consistant and pretty bad. Those hardly look like great numbers for the type of contract he got to me.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

OH YEAH... Teixeira is declining fast. He is a big headache for
    the Yanks FO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop Trashing A-GON- he is not Another Mark Teixeira. : OH YEAH... Teixeira is declining fast. He is a big headache for the Yanks FO.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]
      He's not a big headache for the Yankee infielders.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In response to BenitoMyHero's comment:;
    [QUOTE]

For your information...   I understand that Adrian Gonzalez is struggling right now, but he is not declining like Mark (228) Teixeira. A-GON is still among the best 1B. in baseball. He had a monster season for us last year. Ok ?   On the other hand, Mark Teixeira can't hit above his weight anymore... Mark Teixeira is a good defense player, but his bat is always cold... especially during the post-season. In fact, Teixeira's bat is colder than an Alaska Ice Cream. And his contract is a big headache for Yanks stockholders.   So sit back & relax... and very soon you will see A-GON putting great numbers. Trust me.    

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts