Strange sports stuff.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Strange sports stuff.

The subject was brought up on a Sox game awhile back that pitching coaches are allowed to visit the mound but batting coaches are not allowed to visit the batter during an at bat...one of the strange things in sports....and this got me thinking....Wouldn't it be funny if in hockey the goalie coach was allowed to visit the goalie in the crease after he gives up a bad goal?

Here's more:

1. Baseball is the rare sport when the defensive team has control of the ball. Ever consider that?

2. Baseball teams have managers and they wear the team uniform. Hockey. football and basketball have coaches and they do not wear the team uniform. I would love to see a basketball coach with the sleeveless jersey and shorts holding a clipboard....but it would really seem funny.

3. In football they try to "ice" the kicker ( make him wait by calling a timeout,distract or bother him so he gets rattled and misses a big FG).....In golf this is not allowed , in fact everybody whispers including the announcers.....wouldn't golf be more exciting if they could "ice" the putter?

4. Horseracing is considered a sport, gambling is encouraged. Baseball is considered a sport , gambling is strictly forbidden ( just ask Pete Rose). Why is it O.K. to gamble on some sports but not on others.

5. And speaking of gambling. When did poker become a "sport?" I always thought it was a "card game." ESPN has not figured it out , that sitting on your @ss drinking beer , eating chips and nuts, while playing a card game is not an athletic match, and shouldn't be on a sports network.

What else have you got ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Strange sports stuff.

Horse racing isnt a sport either, no matter what they say. Its the horse that does all the work.  Just throw a 5'1 100LB man/woman on there with a whip and your all set.

Poker a sport?? Thats just plain dumb.

I like baseball because its a thinking mans game. Not that you dont have to in other sports, but in baseball there are so many different things that could happen with every pitch, AB or situation. Its the only sport where if your offensively successful 30% of the time, your one of the best players.

This reminds me of George Carilins bit about the differences with Baseball vs Football. It mentions a couple things you did, with a few more differences. Funny stuff.

http://youtu.be/aIkqNiBASfI

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Horse racing isnt a sport either, no matter what they say. Its the horse that does all the work.  Just throw a 5'1 100LB man/woman on there with a whip and your all set.

Poker a sport?? Thats just plain dumb.

I like baseball because its a thinking mans game. Not that you dont have to in other sports, but in baseball there are so many different things that could happen with every pitch, AB or situation. Its the only sport where if your offensively successful 30% of the time, your one of the best players.

This reminds me of George Carilins bit about the differences with Baseball vs Football. It mentions a couple things you did, with a few more differences. Funny stuff.

http://youtu.be/aIkqNiBASfI

Lol.  You beat me to it Southpaw.  Exactly what I was thinking.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Don't know where to fit this but a couple of questions: 1. Why did it take 3 pitches to pinch run for Napoli in the 9th last night. 2. Also in the 9th, was it smart for Iglesias to bunt after having squared up to bunt on the 1st pitch, and if it was smart to try the bunt again wouldn't a suicide squeeze but the right play with both corners charging really hard?

By the way, it was a great bunt by Iglesias and I'm really happy that both he and Holt are very good at laying bunts down.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Also, it's weird that baseball doesn't have a halftime or a between periods. Yet the concession stands still do alright.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The subject was brought up on a Sox game awhile back that pitching coaches are allowed to visit the mound but batting coaches are not allowed to visit the batter during an at bat...one of the strange things in sports....and this got me thinking....Wouldn't it be funny if in hockey the goalie coach was allowed to visit the goalie in the crease after he gives up a bad goal?

Here's more:

1. Baseball is the rare sport when the defensive team has control of the ball. Ever consider that?

2. Baseball teams have managers and they wear the team uniform. Hockey. football and basketball have coaches and they do not wear the team uniform. I would love to see a basketball coach with the sleeveless jersey and shorts holding a clipboard....but it would really seem funny.

3. In football they try to "ice" the kicker ( make him wait by calling a timeout,distract or bother him so he gets rattled and misses a big FG).....In golf this is not allowed , in fact everybody whispers including the announcers.....wouldn't golf be more exciting if they could "ice" the putter?

4. Horseracing is considered a sport, gambling is encouraged. Baseball is considered a sport , gambling is strictly forbidden ( just ask Pete Rose). Why is it O.K. to gamble on some sports but not on others.

5. And speaking of gambling. When did poker become a "sport?" I always thought it was a "card game." ESPN has not figured it out , that sitting on your @ss drinking beer , eating chips and nuts, while playing a card game is not an athletic match, and shouldn't be on a sports network.

What else have you got ?

Nice post except No. 4 isn't true. There's gambling in baseball, but the players can't gamble or bet on baseball. I'm sure it is frowned upon in horse racing for a jockey to be betting on a race he's competing in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I should have said "legal" gambling.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings