Strasburg throws a shutout...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Strasburg throws a shutout...

but I guess he wasnt needed in the postseason....

rule #1 - always play your best players....right, "Bradley should be sent down folks"?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Strasburg throws a shutout...

Different situation. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Different situation. 

Georem has to keep things simple.

Subtle details elude him....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

being bounced by the Cardinals after winning 100 games certainly is a "different" situation

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Different situation. 

They don't necessarily elude him, he just ignores them when they don't fit his narrative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Different situation. 

They don't necessarily elude him, he just ignores them when they don't fit his narrative.

Good point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

King Felix and Kershaw also shut down their opponents.  

Kershaw even hit a home run yesterday.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

gonna be interesting to watch how the Nats' handle Stevie Franchise this time around...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Imagine having a starting rotation like this,.....    :)

1. Verlander
    2. King Felix
    3. Weaver
    4. Kershaw
    5. Stratburg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

How would the Nationals have done in the post-season if they kept Strasburg off the opening day roster and started his innings limit in May?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

being bounced by the Cardinals after winning 100 games certainly is a "different" situation

Coming back from TJ surgery and having an innings cap to preserve his elbow is much different than bumping player from AA to the bigs and losing a year of service.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agreed with what they did. several doctors suggested the same thing. Fans dont care though. then again, its not their potential 200,000,000M investment.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I agreed with what they did. several doctors suggested the same thing. Fans dont care though. then again, its not their potential 200,000,000M investment.

it's not? funny, i thought the paying fans pay the salaries....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

True G.  Its entertainment.  No fans, no big contracts.  But, the rationale for the Nats still applies, whether you agree or not:  they were in the process of building a juggernaut.  At the center of that juggernaut was Stasburg.  The innings cap was an attempt to avoid destroying that centerpiece so that the fans could enjoy many years of Nats juggernaut at the expense of a playoff run.  An interesting gambit.  Personally, if I was GM/owner, I probably would have caved and let the kid pitch.  But, looking at their off-season additions, I see that the Nats are serious about giving their fans a bedrock of awesomeness and should compete for titles in the coming years.  They did not want to risk giving the fans that for one playoff run before any of their core guys were even in their primes.  Sure, maybe a shot at a ring only happens once in a blue moon.  But that is not how the Nats are operating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

True G.  Its entertainment.  No fans, no big contracts.  But, the rationale for the Nats still applies, whether you agree or not:  they were in the process of building a juggernaut.  At the center of that juggernaut was Stasburg.  The innings cap was an attempt to avoid destroying that centerpiece so that the fans could enjoy many years of Nats juggernaut at the expense of a playoff run.  An interesting gambit.  Personally, if I was GM/owner, I probably would have caved and let the kid pitch.  But, looking at their off-season additions, I see that the Nats are serious about giving their fans a bedrock of awesomeness and should compete for titles in the coming years.  They did not want to risk giving the fansthat for one playoff run before any of their core guys were even in their primes.  Sure, maybe a shot at a ring only happens once in a blue moon.  But that is not how the Nats are operating.

and here is something to chew on - i guess they should limit it again...although this time they will keep in mind postseason plans...but im glad im not a nats fan...seriously livid...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

True G.  Its entertainment.  No fans, no big contracts.  But, the rationale for the Nats still applies, whether you agree or not:  they were in the process of building a juggernaut.  At the center of that juggernaut was Stasburg.  The innings cap was an attempt to avoid destroying that centerpiece so that the fans could enjoy many years of Nats juggernaut at the expense of a playoff run.  An interesting gambit.  Personally, if I was GM/owner, I probably would have caved and let the kid pitch.  But, looking at their off-season additions, I see that the Nats are serious about giving their fans a bedrock of awesomeness and should compete for titles in the coming years.  They did not want to risk giving the fansthat for one playoff run before any of their core guys were even in their primes.  Sure, maybe a shot at a ring only happens once in a blue moon.  But that is not how the Nats are operating.

and here is something to chew on - i guess they should limit it again...although this time they will keep in mind postseason plans...but im glad im not a nats fan...seriously livid...

huh?  don't be obtuse.  no one said anything about limiting innings again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The data supporting what the Nationals did with Strasburg last year is overwhelming.

The kid is 24 years old, the Nationals have 10+ years to think about, they did what is best for them and Strasburg in the long term.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I really disagree with georom in the OP.  The 100 wins showed the Nationals have staying power and will be back with this young team.  Strasburg was coming off tommy john surgery, to say nothing of his age/experience.  Why gamble on what looks like a terrific future? 

Or think about this.  Why give the Washington fans a WS in the first year Washington--stretching back many decades (Washington, first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League)--was even competitive? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I really disagree with georom in the OP.  The 100 wins showed the Nationals have staying power and will be back with this young team.  Strasburg was coming off tommy john surgery, to say nothing of his age/experience.  Why gamble on what looks like a terrific future? 

Or think about this.  Why give the Washington fans a WS in the first year Washington--stretching back many decades (Washington, first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League)--was even competitive? 

dont know why my response was deleted but i will say it again - Strasburg has NO LIMITS for this year...so basically what you folks are saying who supported this move that those 5 starts or so in the postseason (maybe 35 innings) would have jeopardized his career and shortened it? Really? I can understand puling him off of some starts late in the year after they made the playoffs but to sit him for the remainder of the season, including pennant games? over 35 innings?  

please tell me again how that was a good idea...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

please tell me again how that was a good idea...

I think you have been told enough

to me what the nats did was a no brainer

but I give you this georom

IMO your point will have merit if

and only if

the nats fail to make the PO

twice in the next five yrs

nat's are betting they will be

and you act like it was a fluke

that they made the PO and had to take the risk

BTW didn't they get knocked out by a blown save ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

LOL! love the new avatar zac

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

LOL! love the new avatar zac

thanks mef ?

I find yours most interesting as well