Stretch in June schedule.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Stretch in June schedule.....

Just my personal observations.....

Earlier I set out a period in the RS schedule beginning with the 11-1 victory over NY on June 1, through the end of the series at Detroit next weekend. My "goal" was to see at least a 13-9 record during that period, which will be the most challenging in the schedule this year up to this point. So far they are 9-6. Thats actually on point to get where I wanted them to be, but the 8-3 they had going into Baltimore looked more promising. There are two things haunting me however. First is the 2-5 record against Baltimore. That has got to change, and for the better. Second, the performance of Jon Lester. Its the elephant in the room right now, and the room is getting smaller. But on balance, if the Sox can win 4 of the next 7, theyll at least meet my standard of performance during this stretch--whatever thats worth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Stretch in June schedule.....

I agree with you TheExaminer  Laughing

The Red Sox have taken two out of three vs. the Yankees, Rangers, Angels, and Rays. 

Buccholz needs to get healthy and Lester needs to bounce back. 

Baltimore has won its sixth consecutive series vs. the Red Sox.  That needs to stop next time the two teams meet. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I agree with you TheExaminer  Laughing

The Red Sox have taken two out of three vs. the Yankees, Rangers, Angels, and Rays. 

Buccholz needs to get healthy and Lester needs to bounce back. 

Baltimore has won its sixth consecutive series vs. the Red Sox.  That needs to stop next time the two teams meet. 

And Baltimore goes to Detriot next, so they may trip up a little. Winning the series against TB will be important also. Do that and split at Detroit, you get your 13-9.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox are 9-6 (.600) in June, but have posted a record of 22-21 (.512) since their impressive 20-8 (.714) start to the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

The next 2 weeks will be brutal too.  The Sox will have to play strong to end the month well.  A day off, then a double-header against the Rays (3 games in 2 days).  Followed by a short road trip to visit a strong Detroit team.  Coming home to the Rockies and a Blue Jays team that has been on an abolute tear right now.

A lot of questions too, going into the AS break.  Will Drew and WMB ever start hitting?  Is Clay going to be healthy, and will Lester dtart pitching again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:

The next 2 weeks will be brutal too.  The Sox will have to play strong to end the month well.  A day off, then a double-header against the Rays (3 games in 2 days).  Followed by a short road trip to visit a strong Detroit team.  Coming home to the Rockies and a Blue Jays team that has been on an abolute tear right now.

A lot of questions too, going into the AS break.  Will Drew and WMB ever start hitting?  Is Clay going to be healthy, and will Lester dtart pitching again?

Theres a 10 game west coast swing also leading up to the break. Look at it like this, if theyre still in first at the break, we'll have a lot to feel good about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

.....and then they start the second half at home againt NY and TB, then go to Balt. Not easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to HankukSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Theres a 10 game west coast swing also leading up to the break. Look at it like this, if theyre still in first at the break, we'll have a lot to feel good about.

[/QUOTE]

I hadn't looked that far ahead.  You are right though, if I remember correctly these west coast swings have historically been brutal for the Sox for quite a few years....  to the point that them playing slightly above .500 ball for it might be THE best case result.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

.....and then they start the second half at home againt NY and TB, then go to Balt. Not easy.

Geez what a brutal schedule.  

The AL East: The most brutal division in all of baseball.