Suarez debut begs the question, Why Not Mookie?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Suarez debut begs the question, Why Not Mookie?

This Suarez kid started for the Tigeers last night and looked like Nomar in his prime! The kid had a couple of cups of coffee in AAA after hitting under .300 in AA. As the Fox commentators mentioned last night, "the best players are in AA, etc. etc". Why wait with Betts? LF is a desert. Stick him out there and see what happens. Put Nava in right against RH pitchers. Limit Gomes and Sizemore to PH (or run). Since Betts seems to do well in CF. Stick JBJ in RF or send him back to Pawtucket for the rest of the year.

We are NOT the 1914 Boston Braves, and 10 back of two good teams (Toonto and Baltimore) is asking too much. Let's look at it as a giant spring training, and see what guys like Mookie can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Suarez debut begs the question, Why Not Mookie?

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Suarez kid started for the Tigeers last night and looked like Nomar in his prime! The kid had a couple of cups of coffee in AAA after hitting under .300 in AA. As the Fox commentators mentioned last night, "the best players are in AA, etc. etc". Why wait with Betts? LF is a desert. Stick him out there and see what happens. Put Nava in right against RH pitchers. Limit Gomes and Sizemore to PH (or run). Since Betts seems to do well in CF. Stick JBJ in RF or send him back to Pawtucket for the rest of the year.

We are NOT the 1914 Boston Braves, and 10 back of two good teams (Toonto and Baltimore) is asking too much. Let's look at it as a giant spring training, and see what guys like Mookie can do.

[/QUOTE]

While it would be good to see Mookie play for the Sox now, I think its best that he stays in AAA to hone his skills there in preparation for when we become a relevant team again.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you've given up on the season, why would you want to start Mookie's clock?

And while I appreciate what Saurez has accomplished in his pro career last night, remember Romine also got  a hit in his first game with Detroit, and he just got replaced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

plus he is just starting to learn to play the OF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

MOOKIE MOOKIE!!!!! Him and Boggy need to be extended to 8 year deals asap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

I dont think Mookie is far off.  If he tears up AAA, I could maybe see July.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Certainly has merit !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's lots of common sense in ^^^^That post^^^^

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If Suarez shines at shortstop, we should inquire this off season what it would take to get Iglesias. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Suarez shines at shortstop, we should inquire this off season what it would take to get Iglesias. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

A bucket of balls... But I like your thinking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But then the people who hated the trade would have to go back to hating Iggy.

But I'd have no problem taking him back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But then the people who hated the trade would have to go back to hating Iggy.

But I'd have no problem taking him back.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   I did hate the trade.  But I never hated Iggy. He is one of the best defensive shortstops I have seen. And, he did hit .300.  But he doesn't have to hit that much to be valuable. I would take him back in a minute. I always looked forward to a left side of  Iglesias and Bogaerts.  I hope his leg problems are not a chronic thing. He is a pleasure to watch. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ben is secretly hoping Iggy never plays another game.  It's the only way this trade is going to look good in retrospect.  

The BBWA bailed Ben out once by not naming Iggy the ROY.  Maybe now Iggy will bail Ben out again by being chronically injured.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

Mookie hitting .269 at Pawtucket.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Betts with an OBP of 400+. He will be in the majors by the time he reaches 100 at bats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I second that.

common sense in ^^^^That post^^^^

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Mookie has also seen his numbers go down quite a bit, albeit a very small sample size.  After a HUGE start to the season he was batting around. .299 in his last couple weeks at Portland.  And since coming to Pawtucket he has seen his AVG dip from .355 to .269, his SLG drop from .551 to .385 and his OPS drop from .994 to .791

Please note, I still think Mookie is a stud, I think he is good enough to start on a first division team and I think he has a really good chance to make all star teams in his prime.  I'm merely suggesting what I've been saying all along.  I said a month ago that if he made the jump to the big leagues he would see a dramatic drop in his production.  Well we are seeing a drop now in Pawtucket, does anyone think it wouldn't be more pronounced in the majors????

Mookies time will come, and relatively soon but not today and not tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mookie has also seen his numbers go down quite a bit, albeit a very small sample size.  After a HUGE start to the season he was batting around. .299 in his last couple weeks at Portland.  And since coming to Pawtucket he has seen his AVG dip from .355 to .269, his SLG drop from .551 to .385 and his OPS drop from .994 to .791

Please note, I still think Mookie is a stud, I think he is good enough to start on a first division team and I think he has a really good chance to make all star teams in his prime.  I'm merely suggesting what I've been saying all along.  I said a month ago that if he made the jump to the big leagues he would see a dramatic drop in his production.  Well we are seeing a drop now in Pawtucket, does anyone think it wouldn't be more pronounced in the majors????

[/QUOTE]

He is still better than ALL the OF Boston has.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is still better than ALL the OF Boston has.

[/QUOTE]
    The dude hasn't taken about 20 at bats above the AA level.  We realistically have ZERO ideal what he could do at the MLB level.  He's also played in less than 10 games in the outfield so we have no ideal how he looks defensively out there.  Have you seen him play the outfield???? I haven't.  If I had to guess I'd say/hope he looks good out there and will only get better but do we REALLY even have a clue to how good he looks out there????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like someone said, he starting to cool off with his hot hitting.  Plus he just played in CF in the last five games per reading boxscore from one game to another in the past two weeks.  He played alot at 2b before moving to CF which he was fortunated to play there cuz Nava just got called up last week.  

Also he is not on the 40 man roster which mean, Ben C need to make a cut.  With too many guys on DL, it is too hard to make a cut.  Wait until at least two to three guys to come off of DL, then Ben C could DFA someone to make a room for Betts