suggested cubs, red sox padres trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

suggested cubs, red sox padres trade

The Cubs owe the Red Sox significant compensation for Theo Epstein.  The Cubs appear to be willing to deal Matt Garza. Reportedly, they have inquired about Anthony Rizzo.  
      Perhaps the Red Sox could acquire Garza as compensation for Epstein with some prospects thrown in to facilitate a trade between the Cubs and the Padres that brings Rizzo to Chicago. Between Bowden, Anderson and Reddick, two of those three should be available.  Doubrount perhaps. If the Padres want more than Chicago should pay the difference.
      Just tossing this out there, as there are many ways that things can be worked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: suggested cubs, red sox padres trade

I think that that could work, though you will probably have to give up one pretty good prospect (Lavarnaway, Raunado, etc).  One of the better suggestions on the board.  So I assume you send some Red Sox prospects to SD for Rizzo, and then deal Rizzo to Chicago for Garza?  I actually like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I am suggesting that the Cubs should make up the difference. The Cubs receive Rizzo for Garza. The Red Sox fill some prospects. The Cubs need to take a loss for Epstein compensation. That is something the Red Sox are giving up as well in the deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think its a good idea but i would not give up ranuado or lavarnway nor should the sox have to. the white sox got the marlins number 4 and 5 prospects in their organization for ozzie guillen so the sox should get at least that if not more consider that theo epstein has more value than ozzie.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to suggested cubs, red sox padres trade:
      The Cubs owe the Red Sox significant compensation for Theo Epstein.  The Cubs appear to be willing to deal Matt Garza. Reportedly, they have inquired about Anthony Rizzo.     Perhaps the Red Sox could acquire Garza as compensation for Epstein with some prospects thrown in to facilitate a trade between the Cubs and the Padres that brings Rizzo to Chicago. Between Bowden, Anderson and Reddick, two of those three should be available.  Doubrount perhaps. If the Padres want more than Chicago should pay the difference.   Just tossing this out there, as there are many ways that things can be worked out.
    Posted by vtfanofcs

Why not just give Cubs Pawtucket? I mean since were just tosssing this out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If Sox management doesn't get a third party to negotiate comp Theo will trade Garza for Rizzo and perhaps Kelley and the Sox will be left with more than mud on their face.

Selig should step in and put a moratorium on Cub transactions until comp is agreed upon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

I wonder if there is an "understanding" that Garza won't be dealt until the Sox receive compensation that would end up including Garza in some form. Gonna be prettty disappointing if the compensation isn't significant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

We are not getting much of anything for Anderson, Reddick, Bowden and Doubront.

When you deal away players you do not want, the only thing available is something no one elese wants.  Why is this so difficult to grasp?

I do doubt both Doubront and Bowden are with the Sox in April.  both are out of options, and neither is a necessity.  The team is apparently looking for pitching upgrades, presumably over these two.  I would expect at least one to be dealt, probably for a player with options remaining, or possibly for a RHH OF to platoon with Reddick...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from QCluvSox. Show QCluvSox's posts

If we don't hear any rumors, it does not mean that there is nothing to happen.

It's too obvious for me that the compensation for Theo should be worked around Garza. As soon as I saw Theo leaving for Chicago, I though it was the right call to ask for Garza. Now, I understand that Theo wants to use Garza to upgrade their farm system. Fine, just send them some prospects to close the deal.

To establish the value of prospects, start with Theo =  prospect number 4 and 5 from Cubs (based on what Marlins gave to WSox for Ozzie).

After, establish what Garza would cost (take what Padres got for Latos with lesser value because LAtos is better than Garza). Garza = prospect number 3,4,5 plus major league ready young player...

Now, call Byrnes ask offer him Kolbrin Vitek plus Drake Britton for anthony Rizzo.

Call theo and say... ok, you already owe me prospect number 4 and 5 from your list. Keep them and I send you Rizzo that I just scoop for you from SD plus Josh Reddick in exchange for Garza. thank you it's been a pleasure to make business with you Theo...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: suggested cubs, red sox padres trade:
    If Sox management doesn't get a third party to negotiate comp Theo will trade Garza for Rizzo and perhaps Kelley and the Sox will be left with more than mud on their face. Selig should step in and put a moratorium on Cub transactions until comp is agreed upon.
    Posted by MadMc44

If that's the solution, why not a moratorium on Red Sox transactions as well?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

I think the Sox front office needs to take some heat for this, they let Theo walk and said "we'll deal with it later"...which means "you don't have much value to us."  Now they are trying to say Theo was this great asset to what they were doing, well the Cubs know better and the actions of the Red Sox front office communicates he didn't have much value.

So IMO, unless Selig steps in, the Sox will either get little to nothing or we will still posting these threads 3 years from now.  If I am the Sox I am appealing to MLB and Selig to get involved, by his own words Selig said the Cubs got a great talent in Theo, so ask him to step in and put a name to that value.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

One problem with this trade is that the Padres are also interested in acquiring Garza, and have enough prospects , including Rizzo, to make the deal work without involving the Red Sox at all.

The Sox would have to give up major prospects to get a chip in this game, especially since we have no clue what the "significant" compensation will be for Epstein.

Considering that it appears that Cherington is building the Sox 2012 roster without factoring in a player from the Cubs would suggest that we are talking about only not ready for primetime prospects coming from the Cubs to the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from QCluvSox. Show QCluvSox's posts

...One problem with this trade is that the Padres are also interested in acquiring Garza, and have enough prospects , including Rizzo, to make the deal work without involving the Red Sox at all...

Don't agree, Garza is too expensive ($8M) for them.

...Considering that it appears that Cherington is building the Sox 2012 roster without factoring in a player from the Cubs would suggest that we are talking about only not ready for primetime prospects coming from the Cubs to the Sox...

Again, don't agree. The move that Cherington made are not preventing any moves with the Cubs... In fact, I would say that the non-moves from Cherington tell more than the moves... Like I said in my previous post, if we don't hear anything, it does not mean there is nothing going on. The pitching staff is still up in the air at this point. The only move Cherington made was to add some options.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

... One problem with this trade is that the Padres are also interested in acquiring Garza, and have enough prospects , including Rizzo, to make the deal work without involving the Red Sox at all ... Don't agree, Garza is too expensive ($8M) for them. ... Considering that it appears that Cherington is building the Sox 2012 roster without factoring in a player from the Cubs would suggest that we are talking about only not ready for primetime prospects coming from the Cubs to the Sox ... Again, don't agree. The move that Cherington made are not preventing any moves with the Cubs... In fact, I would say that the non-moves from Cherington tell more than the moves... Like I said in my previous post, if we don't hear anything, it does not mean there is nothing going on. The pitching staff is still up in the air at this point. The only move Cherington made was to add some options.
    Posted by QCluvSox

Well this says otherwise:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/padres-interested-in-matt-garza.html

Also, you are right that Cherington has not done anything yet to rule out receiving something from the Cubs to help the team in 2012...however, he has been on record as not being in any hurry to acquire a player from them either...if he was expecting a player to help the major league team he would want to get that settled ASAP so he can move on to other business.

Just how I see it from these cheap seats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from QCluvSox. Show QCluvSox's posts

In Response to Re: suggested cubs, red sox padres trade : Well this says otherwise: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/padres-interested-in-matt-garza.html

Read the last part of the news. Even Gammons think that this is unlikely.

Also, you are right that Cherington has not done anything yet to rule out receiving something from the Cubs to help the team in 2012...however, he has been on record as not being in any hurry to acquire a player from them either...if he was expecting a player to help the major league team he would want to get that settled ASAP so he can move on to other business. Just how I see it from these cheap seats.
    Posted by Soxdog67

You are right. This situation is very difficult to interpret! I think there are two possibilities: a) sox are delaying this as much as possible because they know they won't get much and the want to fix the roster (with some good news for us) in order to do not get the Nation upset. b) the Cubs are delaying this because they need more prospects in trades to satisfy the Sox (they have a very bad farm system)

Do you really believe that this is dragging on because of Trey McNutt???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

I bet he gives us Alfonso Soriano and agrees to pay the remaining salary just so he can keep his prospects and any that he gets for trading Garza.....i am saying this with tongue in cheeck.

Sections
Shortcuts