2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

In response to Triumph-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to Flattiehater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mr. Francona, you're spreading a heavy load. Feeling spurned? Because the players that you were given didn't live up to expectations? Because you're managing fell flat on its face in a monumental collapse? Weren't you running things in the dugout? Wasn't the season of your dismissal well in hand even with .500 ball after the break? Sour grapes are cheap this time of year.

[/QUOTE

good post - last time i saw Tito as manager he was blowing an epic lead in the last month by allowing his players to act like frat boys...you would think his new gig at cleveland would allow him to move on...guess not

How was Valentine the last you saw him?

good - he wasnt blaming anyone for his failings....too bad Francona cant do that...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

good - he wasnt blaming anyone for his failings....too bad Francona cant do that...

BobbyV placed a lot of blame on other people/things for his failings.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

BobbyV placed a lot of blame on other people/things for his failings.

As in anybody but me

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Tom-UK,

I definitely agree with you that this ownership group was more focused on bringing in "baseball" players and not necessarily "marketable" players up until recently, but they are desperately in need of a new face of the franchise. This is one of the rare times where they don't have either a young superstar or Hall of Fame type talent on the roster.  Pedroia is a great player, but not a "wow" talent, Ortiz is likely nearing the end and Ellsbury can't stay on the field.

It went from Ted to Yaz to Rice/Lynn to Clemens/Boggs to Mo Vaughn to Nomar/Pedro/Ortiz/Manny/Schilling to....?  For the better part of 70 years, they always had somebody who seemed to have that larger than life talent/personality and now they are in transition.  They need a Bogaerts to be the next Nomar or they need to hope they can bring in a Stanton type next year to generate excitement.  I don't think they believe Justin Upton is that guy.  If Middlebrooks ends up being a 40 homer type, then maybe it will be him, but they definitely need "somebody" to generate excitement again... 

All true Jasko, Tito and Theo obviously thought the balance had shifted too far towards marketing. I'm all in favor of elite FA types (Manny, Sabathia) or short-term (S. Drew, Beltre) FA if the marketing and performance are balanced.

How about this agency they paid $100k to tell them Pedroia is "sexy".

A homegrown star may emerge in the near future.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts