Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Ownership paid a fortune and did deliver championship baseball through 2008. After that, Tito is the ultimate coward in blaming someone else other than himself and the players. To blame the owners is as pitiful as Obama blaming Bush for Obama's time in office.

Come on Tito, let's drop the "clubhouse" crutch and stop the opinion about ownership forcing InEpstein to buy labor you and he didn't want and "an image" as the reason you and your millions to you and the players isn't to be discussed. Let's hear your opinion on Beckett, Ellsbury and other veteran cancers. Let's hear your opinion on your mistakes. Let's hear your opinion on Schilling as the veteran leader of 2004 and 2007.

I'll never pay a dime for the words of Tito.

Maybe one of your other personalities will buy the book and the personality posting now will see it on the table and think it was a gift.  One thing is certain, I don't think any of your personalities are capable of viewing the material in an objective manner, so it really doesn't matter if you read it or not.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Never seen a Pats fan bum out over a 1PM start time or a 6:30PM Super Bowl. Seen plenty of Sox fans even during the play-offs say they missed a lot of the game because it got too late.

The starting times for post season games is determined by MLB and is set for late afternoon evening primetime since most fans work during the daytime. In season games starting times are nearly all set for nighttime except on getaway days. It is up to the ownership to set the time of those games. Lucchino was asked about the fact that getaway games were at night and he responded that the parking situation in the Fenway neighborhood is congested during M-F due to workers, students, and shoppers and therefore fans would have a very difficult time finding a parking spot. Anyone who tries to find parking space knows what a chore it is.

all sunday games should be approved by AGon...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I think it was Werner's way of telling Francona that the team was boring.  I couldn't much disagree with that feeling.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I think it was Werner's way of telling Francona that the team was boring.  I couldn't much disagree with that feeling.

The team was so boring that every home game was sold out for seven years.

Yeah, and last year during a Yankee game, the guy next to me didn't know who Kevin Youkilis was.  It's all marketing my friend.  The real fans can't afford to attend.  But, it's what ownership wants.  Fill up the seats by giving blocks of tickets away for the impression they're all paid customers, or lure in as many pink hats as you can who don't know a thing about baseball.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Ownership paid a fortune and did deliver championship baseball through 2008. After that, Tito is the ultimate coward in blaming someone else other than himself and the players. To blame the owners is as pitiful as Obama blaming Bush for Obama's time in office.

Come on Tito, let's drop the "clubhouse" crutch and stop the opinion about ownership forcing InEpstein to buy labor you and he didn't want and "an image" as the reason you and your millions to you and the players isn't to be discussed. Let's hear your opinion on Beckett, Ellsbury and other veteran cancers. Let's hear your opinion on your mistakes. Let's hear your opinion on Schilling as the veteran leader of 2004 and 2007.

I'll never pay a dime for the words of Tito.

So telling a manager to win more excitingly is fine?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Is it any surprise to us that Henry, Luchinno, Werner etc... would hire a consultant to look into what probably were stable or dropping TV revenues? The NBA didn't take off until the Michael Jordan era. Stars do have a major impact in revenue generation. Baseball is a game but it is also a business. Both aspects of the organization need to be successful for the team to prosper both on and off the field.

I would think that most of us would be intelligent enough to be aware of the above and generally support the above. Has the Henry group been tremendous for this city and the entire Redsox nation? Clearly they have. We should sing their praise regularly because they DESERVE IT. They manage the organization. They have done a tremendous job and we should appreciate them.

And there is no indication that Henry etc...do not love baseball. Do you think they would have bought 2 baseball teams if they didn't love baseball? They could have done other things with their money. There was little indication 10 years ago that the industry would prosper to this degree. They could have done anything else with their money. They chose to put most of their assets into buying a baseball team. 

Werner made his money in the TV business and so did I for 10 years of my life. For him to want to commission a study into how to generate more TV revenue is just a smart decision considering the overall revenue potential involved. It does help to have attractive players on the team, ergo Ellsbury as exhibit A. It does help in that regard to bring back Papi. Lots of their decisions are at least in part based upon the business impact of such decisions. It's a factor and rightfully so. And by the way, it's their business. I for one think they have done far more than we could ever expect from an ownership group. What a bunch of moaners.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Did we win the championship in 2008? I must have been in a cave.

Don't forget 2005 & 2006 when the Red Sox had zero playoff wins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nice cat. What did that letter from Ted Williams say?

He's my old Scottish Fold...somewhere around 20yrs old...don't know exactly, but the vet tells me he's the oldest cat he treats.  The secret?  good food...IAMs only.

Went to the post office on my way to grammar school one morning and there's a letter for me in the box.  I was living in Mass. at the time and noticed the postmark was from Florida.

It was from Ted Williams telling me that he heard I was a great ballplayer and to keep up the hard work and hopefully I'll play for the Red Sox some day etc., etc.

I can assume it came from spring training, but to this day I don't have the foggiest idea who put him up to it.  It's signed, Your friend, Ted Williams.

I still have the thing with the old envelope etc.

Crazy, huh?

Well, I never made it to the Red Sox, but the old Houston Colt-45's were interested.  But, that's another story.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I thought Tito's shirts made the game more exciting.  I thought the way he allowed Ortiz to barge into a live press conference, was really exciting.  Hearing about his cribbage games with dustin was what I waited for each night.

The pictures of tito topless which he emailed to his gf, should have been made public during the season.

When he talked about his playing days, I got goose bumps.

You just can't stop capping on Big Papi can you?