Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

You make this sound like a new event?

Sox have been badly outplayed, outclassed and flat out embarrassed by the Rays since 2008. 

It's become a new tradition really.

And we can't blame any of this on payroll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

As "Dandy Don" Meredith used to sing on Monday Night Football so many years ago; "Turn out the lights, the party's over", when one team got ahead in the game to the point it was clearly over. And actually I am referring to the Red Sox season. IT IS OVER. This team has turned out to be utterly lacking in so many areas. A complete disappointment across the board, other than Ellsbury. I don't see this situation being turned around in the next few years either. Sad, really sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ugly. Worse than in April I think. Tired of the game thread too, nothing but griping, but I can't blame anyone because the team themselves gives us nothing positive to say. I think this is about as bad as I've ever seen a Red Sox team play. At least in 06 and last year there were injuries, but last year's team held their head up for the most part and fought til the end. This team? Don't know what their deal is, there are some injuries, but not enough to account for THIS. This is a team that has lost all confidence. If they don't believe in themselves, why should we? Welp, that's all I got to say, but I probably won't be on the thread much more if at all this year. No great loss for the thread I guess, some of you might even be glad. Cool Love you too pike...... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays:
    [QUOTE]Who cares if we have injuries.  Is Youk and Buck and Jenks and Drew etc etc - are their injuries responsible for Lester not being able to get anyone out?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

P.S. One more quick thought for the thread AM. Jon Lester is not a big game pitcher. Never has been. I've been saying and/or posting about that for almost three years. He needs to turn it around like Sabathia did. Whether or not he will remains to be seen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

I don't know, but the Sox can click back into it any time and start winning again... hopefully that'll happen soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This team ain't got no fire

They are fat and content

Eye of the Tiger is gone

Manager won't do a damn thing to change that either

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Sox are back in the pennant race! Best team EVER!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Ugly. Worse than in April I think. Tired of the game thread too, nothing but griping, but I can't blame anyone because the team themselves gives us nothing positive to say. I think this is about as bad as I've ever seen a Red Sox team play. At least in 06 and last year there were injuries, but last year's team held their head up for the most part and fought til the end. This team? Don't know what their deal is, there are some injuries, but not enough to account for THIS. This is a team that has lost all confidence. If they don't believe in themselves, why should we? Welp, that's all I got to say, but I probably won't be on the thread much more if at all this year. No great loss for the thread I guess, some of you might even be glad.  Love you too pike...... 
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I am going to do much more posting , either.  The rah-rah boys get very upset with all the negativity.  I'm not looking to upset anyone.  Sometimes the truth hurts and their only recourse is to lash out at the " naysayers."  One really has to reach to find anything positive to say about this club recently. Might be best just not to say anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Rays have a strong identity and a clear game plan every time they take the field.  Credit Maddon for that.  Sox let the Rays play their game and hope they can somehow end up on top.  Blame Francona for that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

double steal right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We should have kept V Martinez and Salty as backup...retire Tek. Also, I'd rather have kept Beltre at 3rd. Youk could have been a backup for Agon & Beltre & a designated hitter.

And, ya know, I would rather have done everything possible to have gotten old Johnny Damon from Detroit before he went to the Rays. He said he didn't want to come to us and it wasn't a question of money. When someone says that, "Ask the question again !".  He'd played instead of Crawford & maybe we could have picked up Hunter Pence !!!

Monday Morning Quarteback, I know, Mea Culpa !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

let's go big papi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I wonder if Theo can get his money back from the Private Investigator that he hired to determine if Crawford could handle Boston?

I think he has grounds to sue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

why swing? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

this team can not get a clutch hit to save its life

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Its 3-1, you guys are all sounding as if this game is over.  The Sox are more than capable of scoring 3 runs and holding Tampa where they are at.  You guys need to calm down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This team is snakebitten...get homer from Scutaro w/no one on & then load the bases with one out and can't even get one more run. We have not been a good clutch hitting team. I bet we lead the league in men LOB(just guessing, don't know)... ...frustrating !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I can't believe Damon has now been gone for 6 years - that's 50% more time than he actually played w/ us (4 years).  And he's still killing us.  Did Theo actually think he was done?  Do people still think Drew was a more viable bat than Damon?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

The old "Leave 'em loaded" trick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

nice effort great at bats by pedroia and ortiz 3 and one count on reddick and chases ball four for a pop up 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Its 3-1, you guys are all sounding as if this game is over.  The Sox are more than capable of scoring 3 runs and holding Tampa where they are at.  You guys need to calm down.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

Who is going to pitch the 9th inning today?

Who is going to pitch the 8th?

Who is going to pitch the 7th?

And given his NP, who is going to toss the 6th?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do you think that Lester thinks it's April?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

The Sox are done for the year... no doubt about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh good, Bowden is warming up.

Did I mention how glad I am that Theo refused to trade Bowden for Miguel Montero?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gotta love the boos for Crawford in his beloved ball park.  I think he's the only player the Rays have ever booed.....

Sections
Shortcuts