Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

If I am Rays fan I would just laugh ever time ol Carl came up and say THANK YOU for leaving!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

our pitchers look like they would rather being doing any thing else than pitching in a big league game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays:
    I can't believe Damon has now been gone for 6 years - that's 50% more time than he actually played w/ us (4 years).  And he's still killing us.  Did Theo actually think he was done?  Do people still think Drew was a more viable bat than Damon?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Not only do I wish we had got him from the Yankees before he went to Detroit and then before he went to the Rays, I would have loved to have had him stay with us the whole 6 years. He was one of the heroes in 2004. Got a World Series ring in NY...maybe he'd have helped us get one. We'd have avoided Drew & Crawford and saved mucho dollars & maybe been able to go after Cliff Lee for pitching and a couple of more hitters, Hunter Pence for example !!!

And, he could have kept his long hair too !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Years of well earned adulation for many 2004 and 07 guys and other players fat signings in free agency from other teams say it may be we are full of content overly accomplished players.  They now are not hungry enough.  The injuries in August every year seem to me to indicate the fitness of players is less than it should be.  I see resolve in some players but not uniformly the good chemistry has been diluted and the model of this mega-salaried team has changed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Anynody scared yet ? I am. Now we are depending on a 45 year old pitcher to save this team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Scared and looking at a real el foldo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Anynody scared yet ? I am. Now we are depending on a 45 year old pitcher to save this team. 
    Posted by AL34

A guy who last won a game 7 starts ago...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Red Sox might win some games and back into the playoffs but you really got to ask yourself why Johny Damon would never come back? why Papi looks dispirited? Gotta think it's the dumb money the front office has thrown at so many high-profile free agent underachievers, while squeezing or displacing the loyal guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Love Lester but he has not come up big in a game since game 7 of the 2007 World Series. No sense of urgency from Spit and chew. This team has injuries but needs a boot in the rear from a manager who knows how to do that, not be their friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Futbal,
    You are right on the money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If I were a Rays fan, I would cheer Crawford.......he's been the Manchurian Candidate !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

The way things are going, the Rays might also displace the Yanks and leave them to fight Boston for the wild card.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Thought I'd check in and say hi. I am feeling great today. I desided not to watch the sox game. Instead I got caught up on some work so I can take tomorrow afternoon off to prepare for the Pateriots game.

I see looking at the sox score I didn't miss much, but at least I feel better. 

Must admit when I logged on in the back of my mind I was thinking, wow Lester is pitching today, I might see something good.

Anyway chaps, hope you day turns out better. I am headed to NFL on the Tube land until 60 Minutes which should be a good one today. 

Cheers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The guys who have been playing well are guys playing for big contracts

In fairness, Lester pitched great in G7 of the 08 ALCS which was a much better and much more pressure packed game than G4 of the 07 WS.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

A scoreless inning!! The Sox might get into it!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I could see Theo being blamed for this and Henry letting him leave town. This collapse is reminding me of 1978 and we are not even leading the division. We are not dominant at home anymore like Red Sox teams of past years. If they do make the playoffs miracuously I can see them going out quick like in 2009 when Tito "rested" everyone and we backed in. 
    Too many injuries to the pitching staff which is looking old, no descent back-up players, a possessed Jon Lackey. Theo did not pull the trigger on a big deal but picked up another injury prone pitcher who looks like he does not give a hoot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

That is unexcusable!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Not watching on TV is not going to effect them. Redsox nation should abandon going to Fenway atleast for a week until the managment is changed. That will effect them for sure. I understand that players have to play better but I can not imagine any other managment who would have so many resources and can suck so bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Tito is laid back and needs to rest up the veterans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

How the hell do you get picked off. They need a boot in the butt !!!!~

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

If I were a Rays fan, I would cheer Crawford.......he's been the Manchurian Candidate !!!
    Posted by mandobello

we do!! cheered when he played for us - cheer louder now that he's gone. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Picked off... wow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Aviles killed what would have been a 2 on - nobody out situation against Shields.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Bill Parcels couldnt do anything with this overpaid coaster Union.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Not watching on TV is not going to effect them. Redsox nation should abandon going to Fenway atleast for a week until the managment is changed. That will effect them for sure. I understand that players have to play better but I can not imagine any other managment who would have so many resources and can suck so bad.
    Posted by lhtak

the thing is.... all those tickets have already been paid for.

Sections
Shortcuts