Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays

The Rays have stranded 10 runners through six innings.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

even the opposing teams announcers can tell this team has no heart, thats sad

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If either the Sox or the Yankees had the Rays starting pitching - they would be up by 20 even in the AL East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They kicked our butts and they arer right. Ever since we got those two days off for the hurricane this team has not been able to turn it back on and the blame is partial injuries but a manager who needs to kick them in the rear end.

In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays:
    [QUOTE]Does a rotation with  Lackey, Bedard, Miller,Wakefield, and Weiland scare the Little League Champion Team?? Scuturo just showed why he is a liability at short. Big money makers could at least "RUN THE BALL OUT'. I must have been dreaming when during Spring Training the didn't know what to do with all the PITCHING. The Ray's announcers should be required to wear their uniforms in the booth. They are the WORST HOMERS EVER.
    Posted by srbill[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

...and of course the Angels are beating the Yankees again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Reading this thread is more fun than walking though a cemetery on a cold rainy night in late November. Does this same crowd have their parties in the casket room at the undertakers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No offense how did you like the Toronto Series( lost 3 out 4) and this series ? I dod not see anything positive to look at all. Do you ? A lot of questions even if this team does back into the playoffs which I do not think they will.

[QUOTE]Reading this thread is more fun than walking though a cemetery on a cold rainy night in late November. Does this same crowd have their parties in the casket room at the undertakers?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Bring on the Patriots, this team is cooked! I wonder what Terry's take will be?
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

AFTER GAME PRESS CONFERENCE.......

KISSY @SS BOSTON GLOBE REPORTER:  Mr Francona, what happened today?

MR FRANCONA:  Well that's an easy question to answer.  I thought Les had good stuff today, he just was not able to locate.  They were laying off pitches that Les was throwing out of the strike zone, and hitting pitches that were over the plate.

KISSY @SS BOSTON GLOBE REPORTER:  Well Mr Francona, what happened to the offense today?   

MR FRANCONA:  Well that's an easy question to answer.  I thought that Shields was very hittable today, but our guys were swinging at pitches out of the strike zone, and taking pitches right down the middle of the plate.  This is something that we will work on next year.

KISSY @SS BOSTON GLOBE REPORTER:  Well Mr Francona, it looks like the team just ran out of steam.  No pep.  No drive.  What can you do for the team next year?

MR FRANCONA:  Well that's an easy question to answer.  After we blow it this year and don't make the playoffs, my buddy Theo and I will sit down and talk it over.  One thing I believe will happen is that we will not re-sign Els who will then probably resign with the Yankees, but we will make every attempt to bring back our Captain, Wake, Drew to start with.  Then we'll try to sign some more older has beens to long term/rich contracts that Mr Henry can easily afford, and last but not the least, I think we should rest our starters more in spring trainning....you know play theA, AA,  AAA kids more, and at the beginning of season next year, we will start playing our big fat cats, but we will give them more rest during the year than we did this year.  After all the games in the 1st half of the year really don't count much, its those games in Sept and October that really count.  With more rest our fat cats should be able to get the Wild Card, which is what really counts also.  Who needs to win the Division.  Well that's it for this conference as I'm meeting Theo in a few minutes and intend to ask him if I can take the rest of the year off.  Lastly, I want to thank you KISSY @SS BOSTON GLOBE REPORTERS, for not asking me any tough questions during this year.                   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This series has been brutal to watch. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well with the way the sox AND yanks are playing, tampa still has a chance to win the damn division

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]No offense how did you like the Toronto Series( lost 3 out 4) and this series ? I dod not see anything positive to look at all. Do you ? A lot of questions even if this team does back into the playoffs which I do not think they will. In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

When I see nothing positive I don't party about it. You guys seem to take delight in running your disappointments up the flagpole. I have a problem understanding that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Hopefully having tomorrow off will help them turn it around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : When I see nothing positive I don't party about it. You guys seem to take delight in running your disappointments up the flagpole. I have a problem understanding that.

I don't think anyone is partying about it, I just think that you don't want to see anything negative or in this case the truth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You appear to be the only one taking delight in what is happening.  With your post count you obviously have not been partying very much this year.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : When I see nothing positive I don't party about it. You guys seem to take delight in running your disappointments up the flagpole. I have a problem understanding that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Here is a positive:  we are still 3 games in the loss column above the Rays after this loss.

With all the injuries and subs, that is a good place to be ... with Beckett back soon, Youk back to some degree, and with our hitters slowly coming out of their slump, we are not in a bad place.   

Until we are out of the wild card, don't complain.  The Sox built this lead up in good times, now they have to suck it in and get healthy ... and grind out some wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The difference between the Rays and the Sox is that the Rays can't afford to lose any games...the Sox have a small cushion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

The good news is learning how to deal with this loosing streak, I am doing that. Do something more productive other than watch the sox. Take it for what its worth. Its jut a game. 

Of course I can say that because the NFL season is here to say for the next 6 months. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : I don't think anyone is partying about it, I just think that you don't want to see anything negative or in this case the truth.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

I see enough negatives in watching the game and reading the box scores. The truth is that they are playing very poorly and that should be obvious to all Red Sox fans. One doesn't need to come here to have that reality reinforced.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : I see enough negatives in watching the game and reading the box scores. The truth is that they are playing very poorly and that should be obvious to all Red Sox fans. One doesn't need to come here to have that reality reinforced.

If this is a Red Sox board should fans come here and discuss how great they are playing when they are playing poorly?  Should fans sit here and discuss how to go about turning this around when they have no input into what the team does?  Fans come here to discuss what they see and it isn't good right now, I think it is odd for you to expect them to post any differently.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : I see enough negatives in watching the game and reading the box scores. The truth is that they are playing very poorly and that should be obvious to all Red Sox fans. One doesn't need to come here to have that reality reinforced.

Glad you could join our pity party.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : If this is a Red Sox board should fans come here and discuss how great they are playing when they are playing poorly?  Should fans sit here and discuss how to go about turning this around when they have no input into what the team does?  Fans come here to discuss what they see and it isn't good right now, I think it is odd for you to expect them to post any differently.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

If venting is thereauputic to many of you then that is fine. I just don't think that regurgitating the obvious is informative or constructive. Do you call up your neighbor to tell him or her that it is raining outside?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Go Sox!  Next week is a new week!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday afternoon baseball thread: Red Sox at Rays : If venting is thereauputic to many of you then that is fine. I just don't think that regurgitating the obvious is informative or constructive. Do you call up your neighbor to tell him or her that it is raining outside?

So what would be both informative and constructive in this situation?  What information and constructive criticism are you bringing to this forum (baseball related) other than telling folks how to post?