Sunday Game Thread Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sunday Game Thread Orioles at Red Sox

With Ells on first and Pedey up, I love the hit and run play. Sox don't do it enough.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Orioles at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Orioles at Red Sox : ummm   with pants on or off/ NO don't tell me ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]LOL.. wagers with pants on or off? meant to say division 2! we had the HOTTEST girls though on those teams. u walk in that lockerroom  or thwir dorms or just looked at the players guide and u had pants off material for a week... like they just brought over only athlete-models...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hard to believe that they have only played five innings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]wow why is everyone writing this kid off already...well not everyone.  It was his ML debut and he pitched shut out ball for all but 1 inning.  In that dreadfull 2nd there were 3 infield singles to SS 2 of which should of been outs, and a bloop single.  Easily could have been a less damaging inning, regardless he came back and pitched a couple of shut out innings in his FIRST start...so please lets not compare him to John Lackey and Dice-K just yet....thats a little unfair to the kid. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  Here's my post following the 2nd inning:

"Other than the HR, the kid was victimized by infield hits, a broken bat bleeder, and a lackadaisical play by Scut.  I think Terry didn't want to shatter his confidence by getting him too early.  Yeah, I know, some will say he should have yanked him and this is typical "Francoma" but I'm glad he left him in.  As someone pointed out yesterday, this game is on house money.  The worst that happens is they go into the break tied for first.  Meanwhile, plenty of innings to come back.  Should Weiland struggle again, then you pull him."

In addition, he was throwing sliders for strikes in 2-0 and 2-1 counts.  He showed some good stuff today.  I want to see him go again.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nice back up play by scut......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Gonzalez v Gonzalez

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

scut still has an arm? woww... i hope theo skips his natural instincts this off-season and doesnt go garza hunting or for another big-ticket free agent. to me, u give aceves and miller 43 year value deals and bring back wake for 2, call up bowden, make bard the closer and u have a solid pitching staff while saving some bucks!twith tazawa and weiland in the wings for emergencies, we'll be fine

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Women should not be allowed to discriminate against men competing in their league.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]? what? POURQUOUI?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What is this only "2 for 3" crap from Gonzalez? His shoulder must be acting up, trade 'im!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

YANKS WON In AN OLD FASHIONed duo complete game duel.. 1-0 on an error.. 2 hours 11 minute game! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Orioles at Red Sox : ? what? POURQUOUI?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

CC that is softy in his latest disguise. Ignore him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Bye bye Bucky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Thanx Gonzalez for hitting Papi, u were rolling stupid!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Showalter is an idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

WTH is Showalter doing??? 6th inning, 1 run game, Gonzalez was pitching great

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]wow why is everyone writing this kid off already...well not everyone.  It was his ML debut and he pitched shut out ball for all but 1 inning.  In that dreadfull 2nd there were 3 infield singles to SS 2 of which should of been outs, and a bloop single.  Easily could have been a less damaging inning, regardless he came back and pitched a couple of shut out innings in his FIRST start...so please lets not compare him to John Lackey and Dice-K just yet....thats a little unfair to the kid. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]
    I'm not writing the kid off , by any means. I think he has potential. I'm sure he was nervous today.  It's just that four innings pitched with eight hits, two walks, two hit batters and six earned runs is not what I would call impressive. True, that some of the hits were not hit hard , but some of the outs were. That is baseball.  I would not mind seeing him get another shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Last home series is against the Orioles.  If there is nothing to be decided by then it could be really ugly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

saw this one coming.. without the warning, the benches would have cleared! bad aim though.. if ur going to take a shot may as well hit the fat a-s-s.. how do u miss papi that badly? no wonder gonzalez is now a mop up guy. orioles just give up on this game with that unnecesssary cheap shot. showalter is a loser!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Are their pitchers really that inept? If you throw behind him, you're going to get tossed. If you're goal is to get retribution, then drill him. Don't throw it behind him. The result is going to be the same.

Should be interesting post-break. I think we go to Baltimore after Tampa.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Busch league Bucky!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]saw this one coming.. without the warning, the benches would have cleared! bad aim though.. if ur going to take a shot may as well hit the fat a-s-s.. how do u miss papi that badly? no wonder gonzalez is now a mop up guy. orioles just give up on this game with that unnecesssary cheap shot. showalter is a loser!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I guess you'd need to ask Gregg that question.