Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek

What's wrong with this team today? By this time yesterday they had 16. When will this team start hitting w/RISP? Meanwhile, as I search for other things to be upset about, I cast my eye on the hapless Indians and Orioles, who will not cooperate and help us this weekend. Hopefully can take at least two from the Rays next week. As much as I've loved these last 6, sweeping Tampa would top it off nicely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

CC, don't know if he can sustain, but i'll take it..if he and Swish can get it going at the same time the offense will gain some length..but it all start on the bump...need the pitchers to step it up..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : i agree roy...say what you will about drew, but hes always solid in the field and he'll still get his hits
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    The last time I said "say what you will about Drew" Andrew climbed out of the wood work thanking me for the invitation.  Can't say I've missed him lately. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

HR YOUK!!!!! may be 16 runs yet examiner ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

You can put it on the board........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Youkilis saves the game. We'll settle for only 14 today, just see to it that it doesn't happen again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : Drew has played 51 of 65 games, which puts him on a pace for about 125 to 130 games, so yeah, I want that defense in there for all those games. Drew is much better than the kids (Kalish and Reddick) right now defensively, and Fenway's RF is one of the toughest RFs in the league. So with the kids coming up next year, I wouldn't give up anything big for a better-hitting RF'er at the cost of defense when the Sox need great defense in right before another bat in the lineup.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

On the money, roy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yooouuuukkkkk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : The last time I said "say what you will about Drew" Andrew climbed out of the wood work thanking me for the invitation.  Can't say I've missed him lately. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

LOL ya i remember. i said he didnt need an invitation. guess the drew bashing won't hold much water with the team sweeping and  scoring in the double digits

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Youk!!! Starting to show signs of life as well..Great sign. Would love to see this onslaught continue through the TB series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : Drew has played 51 of 65 games, which puts him on a pace for about 125 to 130 games, so yeah, I want that defense in there for all those games. Drew is much better than the kids (Kalish and Reddick) right now defensively, and Fenway's RF is one of the toughest RFs in the league. So with the kids coming up next year, I wouldn't give up anything big for a better-hitting RF'er at the cost of defense when the Sox need great defense in right before another bat in the lineup.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]WELL-SAID. i like logic. between you and joel, i'm convinced. lets go with drew barring a major injury. we have to save money from somewhere. cant have high paid guys every where. next year, at this time, i doubt if pap will be around!  nor drew.. we can save $ and bring back ortiz and give ells a raise. i'll settle for only 14 runs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : LOL ya i remember. i said he didnt need an invitation. guess the drew bashing won't hold much water with the team sweeping and  scoring in the double digits
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]I was actually wondering where andrewbitch was this weekend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's give a little credit to Farrell and the Jays. They are being pummelled all weekend but they have not resorted to throwing at anybody. Not every team would do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hopefully, Wake's knuckler floats all over the dome tomorrow (edit: tuesday) night.  They've got to lose one eventually, but I hope Wake can keep the line moving.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : I was actually wondering where andrewbitch was this weekend.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

he hasn't been here since they've been winning carnieSurprisedTongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Bowden might be getting used to this.

I'm so glad we had this time together...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully, Wake's knuckler floats all over the dome tomorrow night.  They've got to lose one eventually, but I hope Wake can keep the line moving.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

day off tomorrow, Joel.....hope it doesn't cool the bats. good timing, can watch the hockey game uninterrupted. GO BRUINS!!

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another beat down.....SWEET

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Great game. Great series. Great weekend. Great streak! Enjoy the day off and continue the streak on Tuesday!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : I was actually wondering where andrewbitch was this weekend.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I can see that he's thought of highly around here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully, Wake's knuckler floats all over the dome tomorrow (edit: tuesday) night.  They've got to lose one eventually, but I hope Wake can keep the line moving.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Getting swept down there is what can't happen. Winning two would make me happy, winning one would be tolerable seeing how far back Tampa is, but would be a buzzkill to end the trip with. But let me tell you something guys, coming home to face Milwaukee, and they are no joke. Sox better strap it on for them!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays Lester vs. Drabek : WELL-SAID. i like logic. between you and joel, i'm convinced. lets go with drew barring a major injury. we have to save money from somewhere. cant have high paid guys every where. next year, at this time, i doubt if pap will be around!  nor drew.. we can save $ and bring back ortiz and give ells a raise. i'll settle for only 14 runs!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

And who knows? Maybe Drew has one more good, carry-the-team-type run left in his bat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ballgame.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully, Wake's knuckler floats all over the dome tomorrow (edit: tuesday) night.  They've got to lose one eventually, but I hope Wake can keep the line moving.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Well, if Wakefield can hang, and the Red Sox give him some run support, Aceves will be ready for multiple inning work. 

Sections
Shortcuts