Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield

There's your gappa baby!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : They "Youka" needs to hit a "gappa."
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    Nice call! 2 runs baby!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Youkah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

It's a gappa by da Youka!! Yes!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A "gappa" from the "Youka."

Just what we asked for.

Now how about a base hit from Ortiz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Asked for too much, I guess.

Oh well, let's go 1-2-3 and call it a night.

EDIT: Make that 1-2-3 ; 1-2-3 then call it a night. 

Forgot what inning it was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

If you guys want to feel a bit better about last night's errors in the game, just watch women's college softball.  My daughter and I were watching it yesterday afternoon (in truth - it came on, we didn't feel like changing the channel) and a girl in center missed an easy fly ball..and started crying. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bard just gave up 4 solo homers? I'm TICKED! Er, wait, I must have dozed off! Whew, that was scary! Hehehe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i swear the sox 1-6 may be the BEST in the history of the sox when its all said and done. i expect all 6 to hit well into .300 and all have some pop. dustin will heat up. as of now the combo gonz0-youk-papi may be the BEST ever. who would u take papi-manny or gonzo-youk? i like gonzo-youk. then again no one will have the kind of milkshakes to bring back those power numbers. i see a-gon hitting 40 and youk around 35, not the 50-45 ortiz and manny were regularly threatening. so i say from 3-4-5 we are the best ever not 3-4. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I am glad the Salty must go threads have died down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Fell off my chair when I read that 1941 agreed with Tito on something. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]Hey Joel, is that the "throwback" avatar?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was time for a change after last night's eighth inning debacle.  I didn't want to change it up during the streak.  This one is from a photo I took several years ago of a mural outside the OB (Ocean Beach, San Diego) Bar & Grille, a sports bar devoted to Boston fans and run by a guy from Chelsea.  I watched a lot of Sox and Pats games there with a slew of fellow Boston ex-patriots.  It was a great place for our ilk to congregate.  He even flew in clams from Ipswich once a week.  It was the only place I know on the west coast that you could get fried clams (not strips).  Sadly, they closed a few years ago. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Bard should go out for the 8th, and I believe bringing him in was a good move.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]who pitches the 9th? i want oki.. great we now have more uncertainty. probably wheeler or atchinson. i dont want to see that new guy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]i swear the sox 1-6 may be the BEST in the history of the sox when its all said and done. i expect all 6 to hit well into .300 and all have some pop. dustin will heat up. as of now the combo gonz0-youk-papi may be the BEST ever. who would u take papi-manny or gonzo-youk? i like gonzo-youk. then again no one will have the kind of milkshakes to bring back those power numbers. i see a-gon hitting 40 and youk around 35, not the 50-45 ortiz and manny were regularly threatening. so i say from 3-4-5 we are the best ever not 3-4. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]That #8 hitter is going to look pretty tough before the season's over too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is my 300th post. Everyone who cares congratulate me. (insert cricket sounds here)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Now THAT'S the Daniel Bard we all know and love!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : I thought it was time for a change after last night's eighth inning debacle.  I didn't want to change it up during the streak.  This one is from a photo I took several years ago of a mural outside the OB (Ocean Beach, San Diego) Bar & Grille, a sports bar devoted to Boston fans and run by a guy from Chelsea.  I watched a lot of Sox and Pats games there with a slew of fellow Boston ex-patriots.  It was a great place for our ilk to congregate.  He even flew in clams from Ipswich once a week.  It was the only place I know on the west coast that you could get fried clams (not strips).  Sadly, they closed a few years ago. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]Sadly, they closed a few years ago. i think its because they sent out for clams every week from ipswich.. bring back the old avatar. had some pizzazzzzzz!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

economical Bard!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]This is my 300th post. Everyone who cares congratulate me. (insert cricket sounds here)
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Congrats! I'm two away from 6700, which actually is a little embarrassing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]If you guys want to feel a bit better about last night's errors in the game, just watch women's college softball.  My daughter and I were watching it yesterday afternoon (in truth - it came on, we didn't feel like changing the channel) and a girl in center missed an easy fly ball..and started crying. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]gal, r u trying to provoke some sexist comments or what?  LOL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : Congrats! I'm two away from 6700, which actually is a little embarrassing.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LOL I know what you mean. None of us have lives outside RSN it seems sometimes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]This is my 300th post. Everyone who cares congratulate me. (insert cricket sounds here)
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    i'll mail  u a cookie. what's your home address?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What the hell?!?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If he gives a warning shouldn't the pitcher be ejected?

Sections
Shortcuts