Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield

Once we got some separation, I suspected that would be coming.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

After getting plunked, I figured that Lowrie would get his money's worth on that force at second.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : Sadly, they closed a few years ago. i think its because they sent out for clams every week from ipswich.. bring back the old avatar. had some pizzazzzzzz!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    My bar-mitzvah pic with Nancy Schneiderman and Marcy Weingart kissing me?  Really? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]i swear the sox 1-6 may be the BEST in the history of the sox when its all said and done. i expect all 6 to hit well into .300 and all have some pop. dustin will heat up. as of now the combo gonz0-youk-papi may be the BEST ever. who would u take papi-manny or gonzo-youk? i like gonzo-youk. then again no one will have the kind of milkshakes to bring back those power numbers. i see a-gon hitting 40 and youk around 35, not the 50-45 ortiz and manny were regularly threatening. so i say from 3-4-5 we are the best ever not 3-4. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Maybe the the 1950 3-4-5 and 1 through 7 was pretty damn good. I might go with the 1950 team. (I'm not going to take time to post the numbers, but check them out. They're pretty good).
    DiMaggio
    Pesky
    Williams
    Stephens
    Doerr
    Dropp
    Zarilla

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : That #8 hitter is going to look pretty tough before the season's over too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]good point. i see lowrie staying at 6 and craw moving up to 7 as he finally gets hot. dont see him movinhg up much higher than that though. drew/cameron will stay at 8 at some point. so yep, 1-7 we could be the best ever, perhaps in the history of baseball, definitely in sox history, which is y we should win the division and get tho the world series if all stay healthy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

This Cubs manager seems like a pr*i*ck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

That's nonsense. Acevez wasn't throwing at Byrd.
    Oh well, at least Wood did it the right way and threw below the ribs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

COM-CON, I'd only give you my address if that avatar is actually a picture of you. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : My bar-mitzvah pic with Nancy Schneiderman and Marcy Weingart kissing me?  Really? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    I love that one. The look on your face is priceless. The thought balloon would say "Yeah baby ..."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]COM-CON, I'd only give you my address if that avatar is actually a picture of you. LOL
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, one of these days we should have a thread asking folks to explain their avatar. Maybe on an offday?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I love commercials.  Take that Taco Bell one.  I haven't seen a white person working in a fast food restaurant in 10 years.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : I love that one. The look on your face is priceless. The thought balloon would say "Yeah baby ..."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    If only I'd known then what I know now.Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : Maybe the the 1950 3-4-5 and 1 through 7 was pretty damn good. I might go with the 1950 team. (I'm not going to take time to post the numbers, but check them out. They're pretty good). DiMaggio Pesky Williams Stephens Doerr Dropp Zarilla
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]well, i'm clearly sufffering from presentitis for i have little familiarity of the 1950 team. i have heard of most of the guys but who was that williams guy. any good? i think a-gon can compare, dont you think? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Paps ... good call. Honestly, a four-run lead isn't much with anybody else. And even he's been known to make them interesting.
    Just hopefully it won't be one of those 35-pitch innings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday night game thread:Cubs @ Red Sox James Russell vs. Tim Wakefield : I love that one. The look on your face is priceless. The thought balloon would say "Yeah baby ..."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]exactly. how many bar-mitzvah pics do u see out here? bring it back joel!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

None can compare to the Splinter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I love commercials.  Take that Taco Bell one.  I haven't seen a white person working in a fast food restaurant in 10 years.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]u must live a very privileged and charmed life where all the white folks you encounter are firmly planted in the higher middle classes so only poorer non-whites do the jobs they wont do. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Okay Paps, close it out quickly and cleanly. No drama. Then we hit the road.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]That's nonsense. Acevez wasn't throwing at Byrd. Oh well, at least Wood did it the right way and threw below the ribs.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]but he did throw at him. certain if they knocked a-gon or pedy out like that we would send a professional message at well. BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Paps ... good call. Honestly, a four-run lead isn't much with anybody else. And even he's been known to make them interesting. Just hopefully it won't be one of those 35-pitch innings.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]TELLS u our bullpen still has issues. there's noone outside of bard and pap i would trust to close out this game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Castro is "precocious"? Who is Valentine, Kim Karnes? Does he have "Betty Davis Eyes" too?

Sections
Shortcuts