Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

my sources are reporting that fields came  to the sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stay with Aceves or go to Albers , Bard and Pap?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Yeah but Robinson went to the Mariners.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Y do i feel like we gave up too much

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Regardless, gotta have Bard up

We can't lose this game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It is lil pedey who is the miller lite or gansett  player of the game, not the lumber of agone or big p

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

fields was 2.77 in AA and 6+ ERA in AAA. was #20 overall in 2008 so there's still some potential upside to him. perhaps we may put him in the bullpen. seems like a good trade overall, though i hate getting rid of catchers. this means tek is back for a last year next season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

NESN also reporting that Middlebrooks not in the lineup today. Wonder if something else also went on that we don't know about? If it involved him, it might be a little bigger.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Y do i feel like we gave up too much
    Posted by westcoastsox9

I feel like we did too....We need all the catching prospects we got.  You think Tek is gonna be around forever?

Bedard?  Man, I don't think so....Never got why teams were so into him..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

That is a bad at bat by Papi.  There was NO WAY he was getting a strike with a lefty up next.  He should have had the bat on his shoulder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Y do i feel like we gave up too much
    Posted by westcoastsox9

That's what I'm thinking too.  Federowicz and Chiang are two borderline top tier prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

sox only see kalish as a MLB ready type prospect. chieng is weak defensively and though he has shown some pop has a lot of holes in his swing. we can do better. the other korean top outfielder is the best defender in the organization but hits like a girl

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Could the deal be contigent on medical records or does the 4pm deadline include time for contigencies?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : I feel like we did too....We need all the catching prospects we got.  You think Tek is gonna be around forever? Bedard?  Man, I don't think so....Never got why teams were so into him..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Well taking health out of the equation, check out his career stats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"Country strong" huh? hahahaha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : If they throw through, Pedey will break for home on the delayed double steal.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I know.  I was just wondering if it counts as an SB.  They usually score it as def. ind. late in a game, when the defensive team is ahead.  I don't know what constitutes a def. ind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Red Sox get: Erik Bedard, Joshua Fields

Dodgers get: Tim Federowicz, Juan Rodriguez, Stephen Fife

Mariners get: Trayvon Robinson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by westcoastsox9
    any doubt that aceves is better in this role than as a starter? u know what ur going to get. he's not a one batter pitcher, so y not give him a full + inning. u bring in bard to start the 8th. if trouble, u bring in albers. aceves shuts down lefties better than righties!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tough to ingore EB's injury history when he's only had > 30 starts once in like his 10 year career.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : I know.  I was just wondering if it counts as an SB.  They usually score it as def. ind. late in a game, when the defensive team is ahead.  I don't know what constitutes a def. ind.
    Posted by rickerd2

It depends on whether or not Youkilis was being held at first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

fields was 2.77 in AA and 6+ ERA in AAA. was #20 overall in 2008 so there's still some potential upside to him. perhaps we may put him in the bullpen. seems like a good trade overall, though i hate getting rid of catchers. this means tek is back for a last year next season.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Yea, he's also 25 so we shall c wat happens next

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

FYI: 

3:14pm: This appears to be what's gone down, from Gordon Edes:

• Red Sox get: starter Erik Bedard, reliever Joshua Fields (both from Mariners)
    • Dodgers get: catcher Tim Federowicz, Juan Rodriguez, Stephen Fife (all from Red Sox)
    • Mariners get: outfielder Trayvon Robinson (from Dodgers), outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang (from Red Sox)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : have u actually looked at his line? apart from the hits and high pitch count looks prety good. would give him a B. give his team a good chance to win. he's a 5-6 inning pitcher at this point. ui stil see an upside. threw a 95 mph  pitch on that big strikeout in the 4th
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Yes, I did in fact, look at his line.  5.2 innings-   10 hits - 3 runs -  1 walk - 1 hit batter  --  8 strikeouts.  I like the strikeouts, but that is not an impressive pitching line, by any means.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Fields is a #1 draft pick from 2008.  Robinson would've made some sense for the Sox.  Sox gave up a lot of guys for this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, i gotta say not as fun as a trade dead line last year when every yankee fan though they had Lee locked up and at the last minute the Rangers swooped in....now that is my idea of com-e-dy...........of course the real punch line came when Lee got to shut them down in the ALCS.  or was it when he spurned then again in November?  no matter, i've lost track!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Bedard can pitch tomorrow, right?  Didn't pitch too long the other night.  Innocent

Actually, start him when Cleveland starts Jimenez.  Both guys can share the jitters together!

Sections
Shortcuts