but a couple strikeouts for miller that inning
    that's encouraging

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

Verlander no-no through 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White:
    [QUOTE]Now im not saying this is going to happen, or is even on the table, But I was just wondering........ If the Red sox traded for Carlos Quentin dureing this game, could he just walk over and join their lineup?
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

I had that same thought yesterday. As far as I know, he could. Just have to go through the tunnel and change uniforms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Thanks dgale!   I thought so, but you are correct...  We haven't seen it very often.  He hit 94 on the punch out last inning, but that is RARE with him.  It seems that the Sox are holding him back on the MPH for control???  I say, let him rip!!!  91mph without movement is not gonna cut it!  Let him sling at 94 - 95 & see how that works!   ????
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    I agree. If you have it, use it. What he has been doing so far, has not been working.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : no news may be good news Exam....nomar wasnt traded until 4 pm EST. were able to get an extension from MLB, due to chicago central time
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Good point, I hadn't thought about the time difference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Verlander no-no through 7.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]
    Verlander is flat out great. The best in the business at this time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am pretty sure the trade deadline is (and always is) 4 PM

EASTERN STANDARD TIME!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]THAT WAS ELLSBURY'S REVERSE PIVOT?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

OY VEY!  Quoting billbyboy / softy on the "reverse pivot?"

Ells seems to be doing pretty darned well with that "reverse pivot" this year????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : no news may be good news Exam....nomar wasnt traded until 4 pm EST. were able to get an extension from MLB, due to chicago central time
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    The deal just has to be reported to the MLB office by 4:00 PM Eastern.  Quite often it is not made public until several minutes or more after the deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]YES news desk is on top of things, just did a game update on ours said the sox are trying to salvage a game in the series....nyy 4-1
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Please - Michael Kaye and Mike Francesca both think that Rivera got the Save in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Not sure but I think he would have to wait until tomorrow.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure about actually getting in the game. I thought the question was just would he change uniforms and go to the other dugout. My bad. But I guess there would be no point in even doing that if you couldn't be in the game? Good question. I'm not sure, but I don't think you could appear in a game twice even for a different team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Not sure but I think he would have to wait until tomorrow.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

They did it with Doug Menkajshfkwitz(whatever) in 04' and he walked over from the twins clubhouse..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Please - Michael Kaye and Mike Francesca both think that Rivera got the Save in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

4-2 6th inning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Minky wasn't in the game for the Twins at the time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Congrats to Miller. Not easy to give up a hit to Dunn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

if sox don't get a deal done for a SP, getting a reliever may be the next best thing. possibly put aceves in the rotation,  proven in the ALE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

miller's making good pitches, just finding holes.. happens! back to the law of averages, get this guy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

a high changeup...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]if sox don't get a deal done for a SP, getting a reliever may be the next best thing. possibly put aceves in the rotation,  proven in the ALE
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

we've already touched on that

get Bell

Bring Aceves to the rotation for now

Knock out Miller

Hope Buck can knock out Wake

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]if sox don't get a deal done for a SP, getting a reliever may be the next best thing. possibly put aceves in the rotation,  proven in the ALE
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Should Theo go after Heath Bell?  Although I like Aceves' role in the BP right now, bringing Bell into the pen would allow Terry to move guys like Albers and Wheeler down to earlier innings work and allow Aceves to make some starts.  Maybe they are ready to try stretching him out.  He hasn't looked all that good as a starter this season, but maybe they'll be thinking about it if they can't get another starter.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Exactly, he must think this is what they expect from leadoff. As a result, he is always behind in the count. Not a good thing.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]what? he is leading the universe in first AB hits, with power and everything else.. look it up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]YES news desk is on top of things, just did a game update on ours said the sox are trying to salvage a game in the series....nyy 4-1
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking. NYY live in a fantasy world.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

2 runs & 6 hits surrendered by Miller through 3
    but just one walk & five ks
    prefer seeing the hits then the walks anyway

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Please - Michael Kaye and Mike Francesca both think that Rivera got the Save in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

More wishful thinking for their fantasy league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Should Theo go after Heath Bell?  Although I like Aceves' role in the BP right now, bringing Bell into the pen would allow Terry to move guys like Albers and Wheeler down to earlier innings work and allow Aceves to make some starts.  Maybe they are ready to try stretching him out.  He hasn't looked all that good as a starter this season, but maybe they'll be thinking about it if they can't get another starter.  
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]y do we need bell? love aceves in the bullpen. bard and albers are perfect setup guys. wheeler only pitches in blowouts and he should be pitching more