Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : u jinxed it. i flipped over tio see a hit and the angels closing it to 3-2. as i said , he's this generation's nolan ryan! cc, beckett, halladay , and cliff lee are all better!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that.  It's pretty much a "pick-em" with that list.......I'd probably go w/ Halladay #1 and Verlander #2.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : And they may lose the game... was hoping he would get his 3rd career no no
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]just like ryan often did.. whats verlander's career record? i'm assuming the winning percentage isnt that great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : obviously its working for him. he assumes the trade off of planting the seed of  a bunt and forcing the first or third basemen to move up a bit or the pitcher to be on his toes translates to a hit more than the risk of worrying about strike one. how many times they get to strike 2? i will presume not often.
    The point I was making originally, though, has nothing to do with Ells' success or lack thereof.  It has to do with his showing bunt on the first pitch of every single game, which is what he does.  There is no way he is making the corner infielders believe he might bunt.  He rarely does.  At some point there is going to be an opportunity to go deep on that first pitch of the game and I hope he takes it (the opportunity, not the pitch) one of these days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm done w/ Miller in the rotation.  Can't allow him to pitch against the yankees next weekend!

He can try his luck in the pen but this is it!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]V-Man's NO NO Broke up w/ a BUNT
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

not true, ws a solid single to the outfield

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Needed a K, get single instead.  Cool.  Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This could get ugly real quick if something doesn't happen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : hate when a no hitter is broken up by a bunt. if you're going to do it, do it right with a clean hit
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]y? a bunt hit is a hit. if down 10-0 u a have a point. isnt like tek doing it. defendg ur position is part of the game. thats what the angels do. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : The point I was making originally, though, has nothing to do with Ells' success or lack thereof.  It has to do with his showing bunt on the first pitch of every single game, which is what he does.  There is no way he is making the corner infielders believe he might bunt.  He rarely does.  At some point there is going to be an opportunity to go deep on that first pitch of the game and I hope he takes it (the opportunity, not the pitch) one of these days.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

point made, agree

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

my source said it was a bunt, don't quote me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : not true, ws a solid single to the outfield
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

may be best to walk him, need a DP here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : The point I was making originally, though, has nothing to do with Ells' success or lack thereof.  It has to do with his showing bunt on the first pitch of every single game, which is what he does.  There is no way he is making the corner infielders believe he might bunt.  He rarely does.  At some point there is going to be an opportunity to go deep on that first pitch of the game and I hope he takes it (the opportunity, not the pitch) one of these days.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]good point. i got ya. believe though that he's gone deep a couple of times n that very first pitch. can clearly one game in particular. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I wouldn't let Miller pitch to Quentin. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blgrane. Show Blgrane's posts

[QUOTE]This could get ugly real quick if something doesn't happen
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

he has disaster written all over this!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Izturus had clean single but Aybar had a bunt single - I think!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Not sure about that.  It's pretty much a "pick-em" with that list.......I'd probably go w/ Halladay #1 and Verlander #2.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    would take becks and those other guys for somehow some way they inspire their guys to score more runs. verlander for whatever reason is like the ron darling of the tigers when he pitches. abut wins not dominance ultimately. if u can do both like a halladay or old pedro  or prime clemens, now u got something

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't let Miller pitch to Quentin. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

But what do I know?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And that concludes the Andrew Miller as a strater experiment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice extrication by Miller, but I'm still loosing my patience. As it is, we at least still have a solid chance of winning this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Got to hand it to Miller, that was pretty good pitching to get out of that jam.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

or a K and a pop up.  could be the turning point of the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't let Miller pitch to Quentin. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]sure about that? i'm sold on miller! think he'll be worth the long term advantage. right now, i would keep him and wake out there. we can afford the risk, with wilnad and even millwood.. btw, whats millwood doing in the minors? we can get by with what we have... healthy lowrie back in a week!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Here come the bats!!!!

Let's go boys!  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : good point. i got ya. believe though that he's gone deep a couple of times n that very first pitch. can clearly one game in particular. 
    Yes, I believe he did, which supports what I'm saying.  Once in a while go for it.  Nobody is expecting it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just for what it is worth, Nolan Ryan had seven no-hitters.  He had an incredible twelve one-hitters and eighteen two-hitters.  All time strike out leader.  First ballot Hall of Famer.  Let's give some respect.  Verlander and Halladay are great pitchers, but they have a long way to go to surpass Ryan.