Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : sure about that? i'm sold on miller! think he'll be worth the long term advantage. right now, i would keep him and wake out there. we can afford the risk, with wilnad and even millwood.. btw, whats millwood doing in the minors? we can get by with what we have... healthy lowrie back in a week!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Tell you what, I don't know and I don't care if you are a communist , but you certainly are a contrarian.  Do you have to disagree with everything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Izturus had clean single but Aybar had a bunt single - I think!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    yes Izturus had a clean single, error on the bunt unless they changed it after the Izturus hit to a single

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Yes, I believe he did, which supports what I'm saying.  Once in a while go for it.  Nobody is expecting it.  
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    think we are both saying the same thing joel. dodnt do it in the same way every time but do it at least once longer the at bat goes. but yep, he doesnt do it in the same way everytime which was ur original point. sometimes he takes that first pitch, sometimes he swings. he often does not to lull others into thinking he will. after 5 or 6 games, he gets the guaranteed meatball first pitch esp in a big game like against the yanks when it really counts and boom! again, it seems to be working whatever he's doing...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Just for what it is worth, Nolan Ryan had seven no-hitters.  He had an incredible twelve one-hitters and eighteen two-hitters.  All time strike out leader.  First ballot Hall of Famer.  Let's give some respect.  Verlander and Halladay are great pitchers, but they have a long way to go to surpass Ryan.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]lookie here dgale, WE AGREE as we usually do! dont fall for that tea party, msnbc-fox news propaganda rhetoric. because we disagree on every 10 issues doesnt mean we ALWAYS disagree. no, i dont agree that verlander is in the top 5 of pitchers right now, no i dont agree what the sox have to panic about ther existing starting rotation and depth. aceves can go 2 to 3 after miller's done today. more important role...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Bad error.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With Ellsbury, I think we are talking about the first at-bat of the game. He does sometimes swing at the first pitch later in the game, but almost never in the first at-bat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

booturo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Ryan was in a league of his own as far as dominance goes; when he wasn't dominant though he could walk a lot of guys and probably had more really bad games (percentage wise) than either Halladay or Verlander, especially as against Halladay.  Ryan was a phonomenon though and he lasted forever and had dominant games well into his 40s as I recall and there's never been anything like him since -- Randy Johnson was dominant for a few years in the same way, but Ryan was throughout a very long career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : think we are both saying the same thing joel. dodnt do it in the same way every time but do it at least once longer the at bat goes. but yep, he doesnt do it in the same way everytime which was ur original point. sometimes he takes that first pitch, sometimes he swings. he often does not to lull others into thinking he will. after 5 or 6 games, he gets the guaranteed meatball first pitch esp in a big game like against the yanks when it really counts and boom! again, it seems to be working whatever he's doing...
    Okay, maybe a little hyperbolic on my part.  But he does show bunt and pull it back on that first pitch of the game almost every game.  I've been paying attention to that lead off AB for a long time and that is what I've noticed (at least in games I've seen from the start).  Let's keep an eye on it from hereon in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ryan was never the best pitcher of his day

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Tell you what, I don't know and I don't care if you are a communist , but you certainly are a contrarian.  Do you have to disagree with everything?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE fyi, i'm a capitalist pig from a more moderate tradition of ayn rand and a john stossel. contrarian as the OPPOSITE of a commie! was down to capitalist-avenger or commie contrarian, flipped a coin and the latter won! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Ryan also has a better headlock.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What is Miller's WHIP?

It's gotta be north of TWO

PS - I'd rather see more BB's than Hits b/c at least w/ BB's he can throw more K's.......but with Hits it means his stuff is hittable when he gets it over the dish

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : lookie here dgale, WE AGREE as we usually do! dont fall for that tea party, msnbc-fox news propaganda rhetoric. because we disagree on every 10 issues doesnt mean we ALWAYS disagree. no, i dont agree that verlander is in the top 5 of pitchers right now, no i dont agree what the sox have to panic about ther existing starting rotation and depth. aceves can go 2 to 3 after miller's done today. more important role...

Those two don't agree on much! Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Okay, maybe a little hyperbolic on my part.  But he does show bunt and pull it back on that first pitch of the game almost every game.  I've been paying attention to that lead off AB for a long time and that is what I've noticed (at least in games I've seen from the start).  Let's keep an eye on it from hereon in.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]DEAL... now u'll have me fixated on it when i can actually watch the games. it is best for him to mix it up a bit and not have a fixed or very predictable pattern.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Tell you what, I don't know and I don't care if you are a communist , but you certainly are a contrarian.  Do you have to disagree with everything? Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE fyi, i'm a capitalist pig from a more moderate tradition of ayn rand and a john stossel. contrarian as the OPPOSITE of a commie! was down to capitalist-avenger or commie contrarian, flipped a coin and the latter won! 
    Okay. Whatever you say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Miller just kills the bullpen, even when he has a decent start.  He's around 100 pitches thru 5...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Gameday has Miller at 98 pitches.  I guess he'll start the sixth, but Terry should be ready with the quick hook.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Offense starting to look pathetic again, like it did Friday. Figures. 10 runs yesterday, getting shut down so far today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No trade

No arms coming

No cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Time for Papi to make them pay for that dropped foul.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Gameday has Miller at 98 pitches.  I guess he'll start the sixth, but Terry should be ready with the quick hook.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

miller did fairly well. 8 k's,  too many pitches but kept them in the game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Clock is ticking ever closer to 4:00 PM

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Mark Buehrle is fat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Franky usually leaves his "quick hook" somewhere.

Sections
Shortcuts