Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White

Who did Heidi say got pulled of a their minor league game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The yankees got Kerry Wood and Lance Berkman!  LMAO!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : Those two don't agree on much!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    au contaire my friend. i digress, but extremists are always on the same page. a farrakhan can identify more with the ku klux klan in the same way the norwegian right-wing nutjobb can relate more to his brethren muslim right-wing nutjobbs. unfortunately its the vast moderate-mainstream majority that has to put up with all this nonsense. look at the whole tea bagger-jesse jackson deficit-ceiling issue. its obvious to any thinking middler what needs to be done but no, lets put the nation to the brink unnecessarily.. 

simple: no more taxes, a serious cap, a balanced budget amendment vote, and real enforcement on limited spending and real cuts, while setting up a bi-partisan commitee to come up with more cuts for the next 10 years of $3.5-5trillion and giving obama the deficit raising authority for the next year and a half! he has TO GET SOMETHING, HIS PARTY DOES RUN THE SENATE THE LAST TIME I CHECKED. in a democracy, it comes down to votes and ballots not who has the bigger bullet or even logic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Miller did his job.  He lives to pitch another day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Wow!  Francona did exactly as I told him!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Who did Heidi say got pulled of a their minor league game?
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]
    radio said Fedrowitz or whatever his name is a catcher

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Miller is having one of his better starts of the season... Makes you wonder if Bedard will be much of an upgrade.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    that was my point all along. perhaps bedard can be a  long man out of the bullpen in the short run as insurance. we dont need wiliams right now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]rumor has it they made 2 moves?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Miller is having one of his better starts of the season... Makes you wonder if Bedard will be much of an upgrade.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Miller's line does not look very good, but all in all I would say he did better than I expected.  Guess he will get another shot, but Bedard will probably get the start against N.Y.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

o's just did what they do best... lose to the yanks! what is it 9 out of 10? what they do second best is lose to the sawx!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Tim Federowicz is the guy going to Seattle.  Pretty good catching prospect.  A notch below Lavarnway but is still having a very good year.  I remember Gammons said earlier this year that he's more defensively ready for the bigs than Lavarnway.  That may have changed but it shows that he's pretty well regarded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Sox game thread 7/31-Red vs White : radio said Fedrowitz or whatever his name is a catcher
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Okay, Federowicz...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Miller's line does not look very good, but all in all I would say he did better than I expected.  Guess he will get another shot, but Bedard will probably get the start against N.Y.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Joy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Miller is having one of his better starts of the season... Makes you wonder if Bedard will be much of an upgrade.

No, he's having one of his worst starts of the season. It's just not as noticeable because he's been lucky thus far. 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings is terrible. Add in the walk and that's a WHIP of over 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hard to evaluate a pitcher first start off the DL. Bedard has the stuff and pitched in the ALE. worth a shot IMO. reported it was a three team deal with LAD, so more to come

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Any upgrade we can make without giving up the top prospects like Lavarnway, Middlebrooks, Brentz, Iglesias, Ranaudo, Weiland , etc. is a good job of not panicking by Theo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

WHIP > 2 and how many 1-2-3 innings does this guy have - I am not sure I've seen one yet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

still, 8ks and just the 1bb is encouraging -- and the hits were a lot of singles mainly, the rbi double was very nearly caught by els

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I guess the third team is the Dodgers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Any upgrade we can make without giving up the top prospects like Lavarnway, Middlebrooks, Brentz, Iglesias, Ranaudo, Weiland , etc. is a good job of not panicking by Theo.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    right, nice to have another (potentially very good) arm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

miller just had 1 walk and 8 strikeouts.. u must let the gkid eep going out there. showed great resolve. if i must sit someone, would be wake unfortunately. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

We also have to remember the Yanks have not made a move either, and I believe that our team is better than theirs at this point..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Whoah, the Sox gave up Chiang as well?  Check out his stats this year in Portland.  I'm hoping there may be another piece to this deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Miller's line does not look very good, but all in all I would say he did better than I expected.  Guess he will get another shot, but Bedard will probably get the start against N.Y.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]have u actually looked at his line? apart from the hits and high pitch count looks prety good. would give him a B. give his team a good chance to win. he's a 5-6 inning pitcher at this point. ui stil see an upside. threw a 95 mph  pitch on that big strikeout in the 4th