Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

Tito has little feel for pitchers.  Why remove Wakefield for Jenks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

you got to be kidding me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

francona thinks backwards.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I think we have to remember here that a lot of posters seem to think Francona should magically be able to pull starters BEFORE they give up any runs...if Wakefield had given up a couple more hits and run(s) resulted, the same people would be screaming and demanding to know why Tito didn't pull him.

I think Wake could have been left in for one more out too, but I also don't think the 20-20 hindsight whiners have much room to complain. If there's anything less than a perfect result in any situation, they'll find a way to blame Francona for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Is there any doubt that Albers is better than Jenks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox : Absolutely no clue why he turned to Jenks in the first place when Albers, whose been by far the most effective middle reliever for us this year, was available.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

My guess is Lloyd, he wanted to get Jenks back out there after the last disaster, but after he walked in the first run, give him the hook. bring aceves up, jenks needs to go down and work on whatever the problem is

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox : As I said, I'm a big Tito guy, but nobody will defend this.

I agree. I am curious to know why he pulled Wake instead of letting him finish the inning. I agree with having him on a short leash so if he gave up another hit, pull him.

And he should have had Jenks on a shorter leash considering how he's been pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I think we have to remember here that a lot of posters seem to think Francona should magically be able to pull starters BEFORE they give up any runs...if Wakefield had given up a couple more hits and run(s) resulted, the same people would be screaming and demanding to know why Tito didn't pull him. I think Wake could have been left in for one more out too, but I also don't think the 20-20 hindsight whiners have much room to complain. If there's anything less than a perfect result in any situation, they'll find a way to blame Francona for it.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

agreed flap jack. the fact no one was warming didnt leave him much choice but why wasnt albers up sooner??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I watched a spring training game this year in which Jenks could not get anyone out and blew a big lead to a bunch of Twins minor leaguers. I could see right then that there was a problem . All Remy and Orsillo did was laugh and joke about losing the coveted " Mayor's Trophy ."  Not one word about how sloppy and out of shape Jenks was.  Sure enough, he has continued to stink it up in the regular season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a big Tito guy, but I really don't get this.

Welcome to the real world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I think we have to remember here that a lot of posters seem to think Francona should magically be able to pull starters BEFORE they give up any runs...if Wakefield had given up a couple more hits and run(s) resulted, the same people would be screaming and demanding to know why Tito didn't pull him. I think Wake could have been left in for one more out too, but I also don't think the 20-20 hindsight whiners have much room to complain. If there's anything less than a perfect result in any situation, they'll find a way to blame Francona for it.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]
    Well, he is the manager. The buck has to stop with him. You have to really stretch it to defend his moves in that inning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I watched a spring training game this year in which Jenks could not get anyone out and blew a big lead to a bunch of Twins minor leaguers. I could see right then that there was a problem . All Remy and Orsillo did was laugh and joke about losing the coveted " Mayor's Trophy ."  Not one word about how sloppy and out of shape Jenks was.  Sure enough, he has continued to stink it up in the regular season.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  Yahtzee! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Coming to this forum is more fun than going to the circus. You guys don't deserve to have a winning team. I do love this entertainment though and it is free. Go Yankees.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]

You have a very sad life my friend.  You're the type who's life is so miserable that the only way you feel better about yourself is to revel in the misery of others!

BMOC:  Try getting layed!  It's gonna take a while, & you're gonna have to set your sights low........ but, when you finally do................. you may have a chance at a decent life. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't care what anyone says, Carl Crawford is an outstanding ballplayer and it is only a matter of time before he starts to click. How can anyone give up on him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

jenks is only good when thear up by 4

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Before this game started, I think most of us would have been happy with a 2-2 game and both bullpens in. Now we have to find a way to win this one.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

only 7 pitches for paps. he can go back out for 10th if necessary.....which i hope isnt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Wakefield, once again, comes through in what has to be a very difficult situation... resigned to mop up duty and emergency starts... tough to be ready under those conditions... can't ask for much more than what he gave today.... too bad that Jenks can't seem to get anybody out at the moment.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have not had a walk-off win yet this year. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This game would have been over by now if not for Jenks !

Wow !  Just when every W is becoming so precious, he throws it away so frivolously.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

posted at 5/1/2011 3:03 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=98fe180394803aa0b83559fc22968a87&plckUserId=98fe180394803aa0b83559fc22968a87">
    First: 8/14/2010
    Last: 5/1/2011
    Nice to see the amazing LOVE & appreciation Red Sox fans still have for Wake!

Most of us will miss him when he's gone! 

:)

Because you're a moron Mikey

Sections
Shortcuts