Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

What a weekend!  Your young prince is wed. & the Red Sox finally win :)

Good on ya mate!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

I only care about the Red Sox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I only care about the Red Sox
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!  You from London?  Transplant? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox : Good to hear!  You from London?  Transplant? 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    from London

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Just got back from my Life Flight to the emergency room... turns out it was just gas and not the apparent heart attack after Crawford's hit !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I too would like to Thank Rah for that sudden blast of Sunshine in Ichiro's eyes giving the Sox a chance to redeem themselves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

.........As posted previously, get ready for more Marco Scutaro, beside the DI-GEL I now have PREP-H. How's that kid down in triple AAA doing? Can we bring him up soon? "T" is not going to give me any relief with this guy Scutaro......this has  gotta be a bromance or something. What's he seeing that I'm not seeing with this guy? It's probably those soft skills he's so good at taking over. At least he's keeping him fresh, for what I don't know, and forcing me to buy more PREP-H. That must be it! He's killing me with DI-GEL and PREP-H.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Player of the Game:  Ichiro 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Usama Bin Laden is dead!!!!  Killed by U.S. forces!!!! Amen!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Seattle fans react to the Red Sox celebration:

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=176831&sid=43fcee0271954d3cf14f2da7388d1c0a

IMHO, the Red Sox were justified in celebrating.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Can't say I blame them.  If that happened to the Sox many fans would be saying the same thing.  Let's face it - that was a gift from above and the players acted like they won a playoff game.  That sums up about how pathetic the season has been so far.  Hello?  Runner on 3rd, less than 2 men out....You are SUPPOSED to get the runner in. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Look, 'walkoff' celebrations are always like this now no matter who the teams are.  It's a little overdone, I'd say, but if the reactions by the players are sincere I don't see what the problem is.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Can't say I blame them.  If that happened to the Sox many fans would be saying the same thing.  Let's face it - that was a gift from above and the players acted like they won a playoff game.  That sums up about how pathetic the season has been so far.  Hello?  Runner on 3rd, less than 2 men out....You are SUPPOSED to get the runner in. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

andrewmitch,

It certainly seemed that the guys were simply overjoyed for Crawford given his struggles at the plate.  Could be wrong, but I think this was our first "walk off" hit of the season.  Yes, it was set up by a fluke triple, but Crawford delivered none the less.  Haven't you been screaming about our hitting with RISP????
    Why is it you have to rain on the parade & sound an awful lot like a true Yankee fan??????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

gift from above?? ichiro is a consecutive 10 time gold glove winner. errors are part of the game. if crawford doesnt get the walk off single, they may have been swept. you win some, you lose some and some get rained out.....sometimes the sunshines

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Here's what andrewmitch just posted on the "Navy Seal" thread...............

God Bless America?  Amazing.  Do you really think God would bless such a Godless nation?  Do you really think he would take sides of one nation (of His children) versus another nation (of His children)......

I think you guys outta stick to baseball.

And for the record, I never asked anyone to commit murder in my behalf...........

$170 Million Dollar Payroll and not one bona fide lefty in the pen....
    www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088fPost:6f0c3e79-093f-4c39-887f-ae1b5d1f8ec8#newPost" class="Discussion_PostNew">New post www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumCreatePost&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088f&plckPostId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088fPost%3a6f0c3e79-093f-4c39-887f-ae1b5d1f8ec8&plckIsReply=true&plckCurrentPage=1" class="Discussion_PostReply">Reply to this post www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:14f5724f-155a-41f2-a224-1d874061088fPost:6f0c3e79-093f-4c39-887f-ae1b5d1f8ec8#" class="Discussion_PostAddEnemy">Ignore andrewmitch

THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP WHO WE'RE DEALING WITH

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

yeah i agree it was probably more about "welcoming" Crawford to the team but really at the end of the day, the game was a gift.  this game only matters if they can turn it into something more and if they have to count of flukes or 1 of Crawford's 100 hits on the season then they are going to in a lot of trouble..... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

That celebration was kind of embarassing considering how we got the win and who we got it against however a win is a win is a win and at this point I hope it stays sunny way into the evening !! A Sidenote on the Celebration... Does anybody get the impression the Sox were trying to pull off a Kendrys Morales On Crawford ??   NAH Just kidding !! LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are entitled to your opinion (albeit it's silly to have to copy and paste my post to another thread) but if you missed my point then I feel sorry for you.  I know you probably think it is some huge universal victory that your tax dollars went towards killing thousands if not millions of innocent children of God in order to murder the one man who our goverment has told us is responsible for Septemeber 11th so that is pretty much the kind of response I would have expected.  No worries......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]yeah i agree it was probably more about "welcoming" Crawford to the team but really at the end of the day, the game was a gift.  this game only matters if they can turn it into something more and if they have to count of flukes or 1 of Crawford's 100 hits on the season then they are going to in a lot of trouble..... 

why was the game a gift?  because Ichiro lost the ball in the sun?  Its sunday afternoon at fenway.  Dewey was the only guy I know who would have been able to catch that ball, because he had the uncanny ability to track a ball off the bat better than anyone who has ever lived, save for maybe Say Hey.  That sun is serious, and he would have certainly been able to catch it if Lowrie hadn't stung the ball as hard as he did. So it was a rope/sun combo that fouled up Ichiro.  That was no ordinary fly ball.   Gift?  Maybe.  But the Sox have been on the wrong side of bounces lately, so one goes the other way.  Thats baseball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Spaceman - the point is if the Sox are going to count on plays like that to win games it's gonna be a long season..........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Spaceman - the point is if the Sox are going to count on plays like that to win games it's gonna be a long season..........

I disagree Andrew.  I don't think they are "counting" on anything.  But sometimes, just as the ball bounces the other way, it bounces your way too.  You take your wins no matter how you get them.  Like I said, if Lowrie doesn't rope that ball, Ichiro makes the play.  You make your luck.  And the whole broohaha jumping up and down afterward obviously wasn't about getting the win.  It was Being happy for Carl delivering.  Man, you are a tough customer.  As I have said before, i have no clue how you make it through an entire season.  baseball is a frustrating sport by nature, in which the best of the best fail more often than not.  You spend so much time down on people, what keeps you coming back?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlsass. Show jlsass's posts

Hope all the Francona haters read Michael Vega's article today so they can understand why Wake was taken out of the game when he was.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Spaceman - I appreciate your response....But you are kinda making my point in that you do make your own "luck".....which means you can have it both ways....the Sox lost all their games not beause of "bad luck" but because they didn't play well enough.  I keep coming back because I am a fan and because I care.  The last year plus has been tough because they could have made the playoffs last year if they had just a little better pitching and this year they should be controlling the division and instead I see a lot of issues.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]You are entitled to your opinion (albeit it's silly to have to copy and paste my post to another thread) but if you missed my point then I feel sorry for you.  I know you probably think it is some huge universal victory that your tax dollars went towards killing thousands if not millions of innocent children of God in order to murder the one man who our goverment has told us is responsible for Septemeber 11th so that is pretty much the kind of response I would have expected.  No worries......

NO andrewitch!!!!

It is YOU who missed my point!!!!  As I said at the end of my post, "I want out of these wars too...........!"

IN FACT.....  I was against going in to ALL 3 of our current wars!  I think they were ill conceived, & have led to so many unintended consequences, but I won't get into it as it is clearly over your head........  That DOES NOT MEAN that I am against the "war on terror."  On the contrary, I think we could have more effectively fought this war without inserting ground troops in any of these countries.  Especially Afghanistan!!!!!!  We are sending our young men & women to fight bravely & die, to keep terrorists from meeting in caves???????????????
    We will NEVER change the nature of Afghanistan, as it is still existing in the 5th century!  I believe we are doing so with noble intentions albeit ill conceived.

YOU on the other hand, seem to take pleasure in knocking the U.S.  & sound as though you are firmly entrenched in the "BLAME AMERICA FIRST CROWD????"

I would like to apologize to
    everyone on this site for this diversion.  andrewmitch is not worth any further discussion without an apology.  I won't bring it up again!  I just could not let his post denigrate our brave soldiers, to whom we all owe a debt of gratitude to which we will NEVER BE ABLE TO REPAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are truly misguided (not to mention that you contradict yourself several times in your point of views).

And who are you to judge me as to be worthy or not of discussion?  You probably think that these united states of America is a democracy?  I feel sorry for you.

Sections
Shortcuts