Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox

I'm sorry folks, but could you not see that coming?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

That isn't going to do much for Wakefield's ERA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Good to see (hear) the fans give Wake a good ovation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

heck, when was the last time wheeler got some innings?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox:
    Short leash, here.
    Posted by dgalehouse

went an inning too long with him....right move to send him back out with the big lead, tho

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

That's really a shame.  I don't usually do this, but Terry waited way too long on this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox : went one inning too long with him....right move to send him back out with the big lead
    Posted by J-BAY
    no it wasnt. i'm a tito guy but when was the last time this dumb strategy tio bleed out all the juice you can from  the orange worked out for us? stevie wonder could have seen this coming!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I agree joel, which is why I asked for the pitch count

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Good to see (hear) the fans give Wake a good ovation.
    Posted by fizsh

He is a good guy, and they love him. Someone else might be booed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

now seriously, y is wake still pitching? y not let morales or that other leftie scrub get some innings? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Maybe he was still pitching because he " is by far the BEST 5th starter in baseball."  That is your opinion. I have mine. No disrespect to Wake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wow... aceves is dominating lefties even berrter than righties in terms of batting average against. how's that possible? overall, its .211, but .219 vs righties

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Come on gang, Softlaw really needed those runs. Last night the RS were fueled by a fat, out of shape MLBPA slug who pitched another beauty, the rally was started by an old man who can't catch and the big hits were from a no talent, no pop jitter bug.

If today's game was highlighted by the jitterbug getting going in the first, a dumpster-dive profile catcher getting 4 RBI, Crawbust going 3-4 and a the quasi-DL Wastefield outting up a quality start, it might have been too much for him!

Wakefield was saving a life, bless his soul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox : Maybe he was still pitching because he " is by far the BEST 5th starter in baseball."  That is your opinion. I have mine. No disrespect to Wake.
    Posted by dgalehouse

goood timing for ur comeback, but yeah.. this is on TITO! we all know what wake is. gives you 6, you have a 8 run lead with superfresh guys in the bullpen, y push ur luck? esp after he give up 2 straight hits to push his pitch count ard 110 pitches. i will take 6 innings and 3 runs from wake every time out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

galehouse, Wake is my favorite player for all he does for the team and off the field.  There doesn't seem to be an ego there.

CC, that stat you gave is one of the reasons the Sox feel that it is not important to have a lefty in the pen, as long as you have guys that can get lefties out (Aceves, Bard come to mind).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's Game thread:Mariners at Red Sox : no it wasnt. i'm a tito guy but when was the last time this dumb strategy tio bleed out all the juice you can from  the orange worked out for us? stevie wonder could have seen this coming!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

cc, i think it was the right move to send him out, tito just stayed with him a few batters too long, with such a high pitch count

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I would really love to see us keep Reddick and make a trade for a pitcher, I think our offense is pretty set right now. I wouldn't mind a upgrade at SS, but its not dire. I wouldn't want to rely on Lackey or Wake in a long series during the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I would really love to see us keep Reddick and make a trade for a pitcher, I think our offense is pretty set right now. I wouldn't mind a upgrade at SS, but its not dire. I wouldn't want to rely on Lackey or Wake in a long series during the playoffs.
    Posted by freediro

reddick second hit of the day.....i think that's why they're being so cautious with bucholtz.....if the sox weren't playing so well, i think you may see buch return sooner than later

another hit for salty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Salty is looking like an awesome addition by Theo, this kid is getting better with each at bat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Thought this one was in the bag, but now that it has tightened up, could use a couple more runs. Would be nice to be able to stay away from Bard and Pap today. They could use the day off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

good theory katz, but I have another one.  He was trying to give the Mariner hitters some confidence going into their series in the Bronx.  He waited til the lead was big enough first, of course.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't you just love how this team just about always answers when someone scores against them and pulls closer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Time to make a our customary 7th inning break out!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Thought this one was in the bag, but now that it has tightened up, could use a couple more runs. Would be nice to be able to stay away from Bard and Pap today. They could use the day off.
    Posted by dgalehouse

there's 1, gale

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

good theory katz, but I have another one.  He was trying to give the Mariner hitters some confidence going into their series in the Bronx.  He waited til the lead was big enough first, of course.
    Posted by fizsh

LOL Good one fizsh! I'm thinking the Mariners may be just ticked off enough to get a win or two at NYY. The law of averages was what I was afraid of coming into this series, but we've beaten the odds so far. They're REALLY going to be stacked against the Yankees now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

By the way, this game is on TBS , just in case any of you are tired of the constant inane banter of Don and Jerry. Not that I am , mind you.

Sections
Shortcuts