Sunday's Starter - Guesses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Sunday's Starter - Guesses

So with Webster and Aceves being sent down and Wright and Beato being recalled, I would guess Sunday's starter is Workman. It would be a few extra day's rest, but he could pitch an inning or so tonight.

I would put odds as follows:

Workman 75%

De La Rosa 25%

Workman has been more effective, especially after De La Rosa's last outing.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Sunday's Starter - Guesses

Drake Britton is scheduled to pitch Sunday and is also on the 40-man roster. He'd have to be listed as a Possibility I would think. Workmans regular day would be tonight and Wright tomorrow. RDLR is scheduled for Friday.

If the Sox want to keep them on their regular turn or withiin a day, Britton would be the guy. If not, RDLR is the next closest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Tim Britton @TimBritton 

The two names Farrell mentioned for Sunday were Wright and Workman. Obviously depends on need in pen before then.

Remember though, The Sox are playing with an extra position player. They could send Bradley down for a pitcher for Sunday if needed. Once again, depending on how much the bullpen is used.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Tim Britton @TimBritton 

The two names Farrell mentioned for Sunday were Wright and Workman. Obviously depends on need in pen before then.

Remember though, The Sox are playing with an extra position player. They could send Bradley down for a pitcher for Sunday if needed. Once again, depending on how much the bullpen is used.

Southpaw - The only thing is Britton got hit around pretty good in his 1st start last night. The Sox do have an extra position player, but they are not short in the bullpen. Only 4 starters on the roster, unless Workman is the guy.

I'm sticking with Workman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Who starts Sunday will depend on how the next games go.

If the BP does not get taxed, all SP go 6+, then I can see Wright as he seems to have the most AAA experience

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tim Britton @TimBritton 

Southpaw - The only thing is Britton got hit around pretty good in his 1st start last night. The Sox do have an extra position player, but they are not short in the bullpen. Only 4 starters on the roster, unless Workman is the guy.

I'm sticking with Workman.

[/QUOTE]

Bottom line, I agree because Id choose Workman first as well. Despite getting hit around one night, if the pen gets used up this week, Britton is def a possibility. Im hoping it doesnt come to that though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

My guess it will be Steven Wright...he is coming off 16 scoreless innnings his last 2 starts, the last of which was last Saturday....which means as a knuckleballer he could give them a few innings tonight, if needed and then still start Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With four days off after Sunday, they could just try to piece it together with the bullpen . Use them all. Not likely , but a possibility.

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Aceves is not hurt, Wright will be optioned back to the Paw and Aceves might start on Sunday.  If Aceves is not healthy enough to start, then I see Wright getting the nod to start if he's not used out of BP.  If Wright is used prior to Sunday's game, I think Rubby has the best chance to start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If Aceves is not hurt, Wright will be optioned back to the Paw and Aceves might start on Sunday.  If Aceves is not healthy enough to start, then I see Wright getting the nod to start if he's not used out of BP.  If Wright is used prior to Sunday's game, I think Rubby has the best chance to start.

I believe once you are optioned back to Pawtucket, barring someone being put on the DL, you have to stay there for 10 days. That rules out Aceves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Although I do like Workman, Im now thinking that he will be used again out of ther pen. Id rather have a guy whos on his regular rotation...Farrell might go along with my original post...

Tim Britton @TimBritton

Farrell mentioned Drake Britton as a candidate for Sunday along with Wright and Workman. It would be Britton's fifth day