Super Bowl Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Super Bowl Game Thread

I agree with the dropped passes on that drive while the Pats had the ball, but there were times Brady could have run and did not. In the early Super Bowls, Montana had Freddie Solomon and a poor running game for the first Super Bowl. I always knew that if there was time on the clock and Montana was in I was always confident, not as much so with Brady. Question what happened to Ochocinco ? I think he caught one pass in the whole game ?

In Response to Re: Super Bowl Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Bowl Game Thread : In any game, in any profession, there will be breaks on both sides of the ball. I certainly wouldn't lay the blame at Brady's feet. And Brady doesn't have the weapons that Montana had and Gronk was at about 70%. I hate the Pats, but Brady is right there in the conversation. I thought NE played their hearts out as did the Giants. There is always a loser in the end. Now let's get to baseball.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Well CONGRATS to the G-MEN for running the same script they ran on the previous two meetings against the Pats...that being 4th quarter game winning touchdowns!

First off, I will admit to being a Giant fan, even though I am life-long New England resident. It's pretty sweet to beat the hometown Patriots two times in Super Bowls.

Secondly, because of being a lifelong Mass resident I can also feel for all the Pats fans out there that are dealing with this disappointment. A bad pass by Brady, resulting in a unexpected drop from Welker was the key turning point in the game.

Although I still consider Brady one of the top QBs in the NFL, I am confirming that Eli Manning is also among the elite QBs now...this was a statement the player himself made at the beginning of the season and then backed it up when the money was on the line!

Lastly, when is Truck Day because it's time for some baseball!! Go Sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

It wasn't the dropped pass from Brady, it was the idiot who dropped a pass for the Ravens that would have ended ovrpaid old Tom Brady's playoof run with another playoff loss. Brady is old business.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Due respect to Montana, the Superbowl was barely contested for most of the 80's and early 90's.  The NFC Championship game was the real Superbowl, and I think Montana was 4-3 in those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Montana is a class act, and far superior quarterback to Tom "Hollywood" Brady. Nice to see Brady is washed up and just playing for the money and enjoying being a loser.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Overlooked here - Brady was not the same after the 1st Tuck sack, where it appears his left shoulder was injured (a recurring injury with him); notice him on the sideline after, alone, curled up, and in apparent pain. Brady played very well, IMO, and before this sack, he was unbelievable. After, the #s dropped precipitously.

Sections
Shortcuts