Surgery for Beckett ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Surgery for Beckett ...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/josh-beckett-to-undergo-season-ending-surgery.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm trying to work up a tear ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Surgery for Beckett ...

Is it that DIET operation ?????     Just wondering !!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Good luck Josh, and thanks for 2007.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

This is going to put a crimp on his off days...

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Is it that DIET operation ?????     Just wondering !!

Lap band surgery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I too want to thank Josh for his accomplishments in 2007 and it's really sad that both him and Crawford continue to be injury-prone post-Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kaiser Souze. Show Kaiser Souze's posts

I thing Beckett speculated if he needed surgery that he may never pitch again. That sucks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Salty had this surgery. It was the reason he had issues throwing the ball back to the pitcher. It wasnt the "yips". Although they arent removing a rib from Beckett, they are going in to aleveate the swelling thats causing the nerve issues. He can return next year and be perfectly fine. Hes good enough to make the adjustments and become more of a "pitcher" than a "thrower", but Im not sure hes willing to do that. His contract is up after next year, so he may just call it a career and stay with his family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Ditto.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

[QUOTE]

We really should not forget how great Beckett was for us in 2007 and without him we would not have won anything that year--division, league, World Series.  20-7 and 4-0 in post-season.  That is a helluva record.  The sad part is that he came to camp in 2008 with a gut and out of shape, and he was infuriatingly inconistent, a good odd number year, a pathetic even numbered year.  Then the chicken and pizza mess and Beckett's quest to find the "rat".  He also had a very delaterious effect on Lester and Lackey.  Still, we owe Beckett for 2007, and if Joe Breidey is reading this, please inform that idiotic pal of yours on ST@U that without Beckett we would not have won it all that year.  I still can't believe what a fool he was for insisting we could have won without him with "some other pitcher".

Ditto.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it's fair to thank him for 2007 - but it is equally fair to blame him for 2011 and its domino affect on 2012...but i think the Sox have "thanked" him enough via salary...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

it's fair to thank him for 2007 - but it is equally fair to blame him for 2011 and its domino affect on 2012...but i think the Sox have "thanked" him enough via salary...

I agree, he did his job in 2007 and was well paid for it.  It was well paid for 2011 and he didn't do his job.  I think the guy felt entitled and I'm glad he's gone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Kaiser Souze's comment:

I thing Beckett speculated if he needed surgery that he may never pitch again. That sucks

The guy has ws rings and is rolling in money.  I think he will be ok.

Sections
Shortcuts