Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

Would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight, given that Drew is 0 for 7 with 3 K's against Price or Bogaerts, who so far is 5 for 9 against lefties? And given that the next two games there are righties, we probably won't see Bogaerts this entire series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

Oh thank god!

I was so worried about Drew facing Price tonight, but now he is probably guranteed to have a big night. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Oh thank god!

I was so worried about Drew facing Price tonight, but now he is probably guranteed to have a big night. 

LOL!!  Good one Hugh...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Bogaerts probably isnt going to be on the playoff roster so Drew might as well face Price and get used to him, especially if the Rays are in the playoffs and we see them down the road.  Bogaerts time will come soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Bogaerts will be on the roster.  I think he is the one who should be getting experience against Price tonight.  Drew struggles against tought lefties, maybe Xander would too.  I am sure this kid could handle a hitless night if it happens seems fairly mature and confident for his age.  He needs to see these pitchers also. I dont think we are putting our lineup in danger with him in there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How is Bogearts not going to be on the playoff roster?

He HAS to be on it.  He's the 2nd string SS and can play 3B and even 2B in an emergency.

The question is will MacD be on it?  I think he has to be.

Line-Up             1. Ellsbury L CF 2. Victorino R RF 3. Pedroia R 2B 4. Ortiz L DH 5. Napoli R 1B 6. Salty S C 7. Middlebrooks R 3B 8. Nava S LF 9. Drew L SS           Rotation             1. Lackey R   2. Buck R   3. Lester L   4. Peavy R             Pen             1. Uehara R Closer 2. Breslow L   3. Tazawa R   4. Workman R   5. Morales L   6. Doubrant L             Bench             1. Ross R C 2. Lavarnway R C 3. Boegarts R IF 4. MacDonald R IF 5. Carp L 1B/LHPH 6. Bradley L OF/PR

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yes. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

play the kids these last days I say and rest the vets - they earned it

As always - 100% correct!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Oh thank god!

Yup, real good night, just like his past history with Price and against lefties all year. Yup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Oh thank god!

Yup, real good night, just like his past history with Price and against lefties all year. Yup.

No one is hitting Price tonight, he's in ace form.

And you do realize I'm probably as eager if not more than anyone to see Bogaerts play

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I blame this win on Farrell.

Sox4ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Very astute OP.  Farrell is simply obtuse.  Drew should be DFA'd so Bogaerts can play full time.  Farrell uses way too many veterans on this team, and it clearly is not working.  I am pretty sure they won't get more than 100 wins, which will be travesty.  Always go with the rookies in a pennant race.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Moon, 

I guess if you have to blame someone Farrel might as well take the fall. It's also his fault the Sox are 30 games over .500. Bring back Boooby V and build a beer and chicken stand in the clubhouse.  

Cheers,   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I would surgically combine their body parts in to one uber-shortstop.  One with the clutch steadiness of Drew and the raw potential of Bogaerts.  I would call this creation FRANKENSHORTSTOP.

Or Frankie, to his friends.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I asked before the game in Extra Bases, how many games has Bogaerts played on turf?  How many has he played in a dome?  The Trop has been known to give all kinds of problems on pop ups and fly balls.  I had and have no issue in going with the veteran tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The OP posed a legitimate question. Why all the sarcastic responses? The stats would indicate that Bogaerts had a better chance to hit Price than did Drew. It would be fair to suggest that he should have played. It also would be fair to point out that Farrell felt it was important to show loyalty to the veteran shortstop , who has done a pretty good job overall. Is it that ADG is reviled as a poster ? Is that the reason for the nonsensical responses ?  If you don't like the OP, you don't have to post on the thread. If you want to reply, just say who you think should have started. No need to try and impress each other with your " clever " responses . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Bogaerts probably isnt going to be on the playoff roster so Drew might as well face Price and get used to him, especially if the Rays are in the playoffs and we see them down the road.  Bogaerts time will come soon enough.

Drew has already faced Price and has failed against him. And we have not clinched as yet, so we put out the lineup that is most likely to win every game. I agree that playing Bogaerts was a viable option.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The OP posed a legitimate question. Why all the sarcastic responses? The stats would indicate that Bogaerts had a better chance to hit Price than did Drew. It would be fair to suggest that he should have played. It also would be fair to point out that Farrell felt it was important to show loyalty to the veteran shortstop , who has done a pretty good job overall. Is it that ADG is reviled as a poster ? Is that the reason for the nonsensical responses ?  If you don't like the OP, you don't have to post on the thread. If you want to reply, just say who you think should have started. No need to try and impress each other with your " clever " responses . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Because that is a legitimate question ONLY if it's asked BEFORE the game.  If Drew had hit 3 HR in his 3 ABs would the question have been asked after the game?  Of course not, it's just 20/20 hindsight BS, per usual. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Moon, 

I guess if you have to blame someone Farrel might as well take the fall. It's also his fault the Sox are 30 games over .500. Bring back Boooby V and build a beer and chicken stand in the clubhouse.  

Cheers,   

Wrong!  It's Moon's fault.  If Moon had changed his name before the game to a cooler solar system satellite name like Phobos, or Triton, Drew would have had 5 HR from his 3 PAs.

My next post game prediction / complaint will arrive approximately 2 hours after Wednesday's game is completed.

Hint: whichever Sox player has the worst game tomorrow night will be the player I will use to ridicule the decisions of John Farrell, Ben Cherington and Bo Diddley*.

* Ok, that last one might be ever so slightly unfair...but I'm sure if the Sox had played St. Bo Diddley in the clubhouse before the game last night they'd have scored more than 2 runs.  I'm sure because.....emm...not sure why, but I wrote it should be respected even if you think it's retrospective BS.  But back to St. Bo:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Sections
Shortcuts