Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The OP posed a legitimate question. Why all the sarcastic responses? The stats would indicate that Bogaerts had a better chance to hit Price than did Drew. It would be fair to suggest that he should have played. It also would be fair to point out that Farrell felt it was important to show loyalty to the veteran shortstop , who has done a pretty good job overall. Is it that ADG is reviled as a poster ? Is that the reason for the nonsensical responses ?  If you don't like the OP, you don't have to post on the thread. If you want to reply, just say who you think should have started. No need to try and impress each other with your " clever " responses . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

You don't think ADG's unremitting attacks on the likely AL manager of the year merit some sarcasm?  Then we agree to disagree.  Farrell went with the veteran who is also the better defender.  Case closed.  Farrell knows his players a whole lot better than we do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Survey: If you were manager, would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight?

In response to ADG's comment:

Would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight, given that Drew is 0 for 7 with 3 K's against Price or Bogaerts, who so far is 5 for 9 against lefties? And given that the next two games there are righties, we probably won't see Bogaerts this entire series.

cut the crap kid.   Drew have been hitting so well this year.  You need him to keep buidling confidence hitting against the lefties when the post season come.  Farrell will only have 25 guys to use for the post season.  So therefore, Farrell is going to use regulars for most post season games anyway.  If you think Borgaret should start over Drew, then you should start Lavarnway over Salty or tonite, Farrell should bench Napoli and Gomes when there is going to be a right handed pitcher tonite.

Farrell isnt going to try to mess up the chemistry of the line up for the rest of the season except he will start resting regulars if Boston soon to clinch or clinch the title.

Relax kid, Bogaret will play alot next year!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If it was up to me I'd play Bogaerts, but I understand why Drew started and I'm not going to complain.  How many other teams would be starting Bogaerts over Drew right now????  

Yes it seems intuitive to play Bogaerts against LHP if you are going to rest Drew but whether we like it or not John Farrell is sticking with the guy who's manned short for the majority of the year.

Bogaerts time will come,

I wish people would stop crying over every little game decision. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

If it was up to me I'd play Bogaerts, but I understand why Drew started and I'm not going to complain.  How many other teams would be starting Bogaerts over Drew right now????  

Yes it seems intuitive to play Bogaerts against LHP if you are going to rest Drew but whether we like it or not John Farrell is sticking with the guy who's manned short for the majority of the year.

Bogaerts time will come,

teams that will start Bogaret are the ones not making into the playoff!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Bogaerts time will come,

Some folks just need something to cry about.

The the team is is playing like the best team in baseball, they need to focus on the little things. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Would you have played Bogaerts over Drew tonight, given that Drew is 0 for 7 with 3 K's against Price or Bogaerts, who so far is 5 for 9 against lefties? And given that the next two games there are righties, we probably won't see Bogaerts this entire series.

Yes .... It was a perfect time, for both players.....  Bogaerts should have been in there !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes .... It was a perfect time, for both players.....  Bogaerts should have been in there !!

[/QUOTE]

Now, I KNOW it would have been the wrong move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

KOJI-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

The OP posed a legitimate question. Why all the sarcastic responses? The stats would indicate that Bogaerts had a better chance to hit Price than did Drew. It would be fair to suggest that he should have played. It also would be fair to point out that Farrell felt it was important to show loyalty to the veteran shortstop , who has done a pretty good job overall. Is it that ADG is reviled as a poster ? Is that the reason for the nonsensical responses ?  If you don't like the OP, you don't have to post on the thread. If you want to reply, just say who you think should have started. No need to try and impress each other with your " clever " responses . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Because that is a legitimate question ONLY if it's asked BEFORE the game.  If Drew had hit 3 HR in his 3 ABs would the question have been asked after the game?  Of course not, it's just 20/20 hindsight BS, per usual. 

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, but it was asked before the game, so based on your response above, it was a legitimate question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bogaerts time will come,

[/QUOTE]

Make sure you know how to spell first before you respond on players. I'm not sure who 'Bogaret' is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bogaerts time will come,

[/QUOTE]

Make sure you know how to spell first before you respond on players. I'm not sure who 'Bogaret' is.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive here, but my guess is he is talking about Bogaerts but he mistyped it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bogaerts time will come,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who freakin care about the spelling!!!  that is all you do here...go rub on people' faces on spelling or cant speak english or etc?

Get a a life!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now, I KNOW it would have been the wrong move.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  That takes any legitimacy out of THAT idea!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Because that is a legitimate question ONLY if it's asked BEFORE the game.  If Drew had hit 3 HR in his 3 ABs would the question have been asked after the game?  Of course not, it's just 20/20 hindsight BS, per usual. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you mean .   It was asked at 4:17 PM , three hours before the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I might have played Bogey, but I understand why Drew was in there. Lots of good responses both ways.

I want to see Bogey just as much as everyone, but price was shutting everyone down last night. Not sure it would have mattered who was in there since we only could get 4 hits.

We won, its all good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bogaerts time will come,

I don't see it as crying at all. Its a baseball forum here, and as much as people like to whine about the guy who started this thread, its a legitimate question for discussion here. Frankly, its more legitimate than lots of the obtuse threads that are started here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I might have played Bogey, but I understand why Drew was in there. Lots of good responses both ways.

I want to see Bogey just as much as everyone, but price was shutting everyone down last night. Not sure it would have mattered who was in there since we only could get 4 hits.

We won, its all good.

A good possibility that Bogaerts would not have gotten a hit off of Price either.  But I think there was a better chance of Bogaerts doing something than Drew.  I understand playing Drew because he is the regular shortstop and Farrell wants to show faith in him. That makes sense. But I think it was a legitimate question to ask.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Well Drew made one nice defensive play that Bogaerts wouldn't have made. With that said I probably would have played Bogaerts but they have said Bogaerts is a bench player right now not a stater or platoon player. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Taken on its own, it's a legitimate question.  It's the source of the question that is the issue.  Just glance back through a few pages of threads and you'll find plenty more similar threads started by the same poster.  A few games ago he started 5 threads during the game, all starting 'Someone explain to me' and the like.  When you do things like that on a repeated basis you tend to get a reputation as a whiner and an attention-seeker.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

We won, its all good.

A good possibility that Bogaerts would not have gotten a hit off of Price either.  But I think there was a better chance of Bogaerts doing something than Drew.  I understand playing Drew because he is the regular shortstop and Farrell wants to show faith in him. That makes sense. But I think it was a legitimate question to ask.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I probably would have started Boggy. Drew has a poor record vs lefties, and particularly Price, but I'm not complaining about John's choice. Drew is a better fielder at SS, and it was nice to get a shouout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bogaerts probably did have a better chance of getting a hit if he played, but it was still going to be a slim chance.  I think Farrell expected a low scoring game and went with the better glove.  As I recall, one of two CS's Salty had last night was actually a shorthopper which Drew caught smoothly and made the tag.  This is a serious pennant race, and last night was a pretty big game and a great, great win.   

So it does kind of bug me that ADG keeps attacking the manager who helped engineer the team's turnaround and who knows these players a whole lot better than we do--to say nothing about his knowledge of baseball in general. 

Yes, this is an open forum and all opinions are welcome.  That said, I cannot praise a fugitive and coistered virtue which is unwilling to sally forth and do battle in an open forum.  You want to show you're smarter than the manager?  Fine.  But be prepared to defend yourself. 

The good thing about ADG is he did in fact name Bogaerts before the game.  The less good thing is that it is now obvious--to me, anyway--Farrell made the right choice.  In a pennant race and playing your closest rival in their quirky park, go with the veteran SS, not the 20 year old rookie with a suspect glove.  The decision to play Drew was a no-brainer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Bogaerts probably did have a better chance of getting a hit if he played, but it was still going to be a slim chance.  I think Farrell expected a low scoring game and went with the better glove.  As I recall, one of two CS's Salty had last night was actually a shorthopper which Drew caught smoothly and made the tag.  This is a serious pennant race, and last night was a pretty big game and a great, great win.   

So it does kind of bug me that ADG keeps attacking the manager who helped engineer the team's turnaround and who knows these players a whole lot better than we do--to say nothing about his knowledge of baseball in general. 

Yes, this is an open forum and all opinions are welcome.  That said, I cannot praise a fugitive and coistered virtue which is unwilling to sally forth and do battle in an open forum.  You want to show you're smarter than the manager?  Fine.  But be prepared to defend yourself. 

The good thing about ADG is he did in fact name Bogaerts before the game.  The less good thing is that it is now obvious--to me, anyway--Farrell made the right choice.  In a pennant race and playing your closest rival in their quirky park, go with the veteran SS, not the 20 year old rookie with a suspect glove.  The decision to play Drew was a no-brainer. 

The above statement says it all.

Sections
Shortcuts