Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by today, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park?

The real drama would be "Can Bill pen his first post actually worth reading before he reaches 10,000"

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park?

I believe in 20 yrs many of us will remember where we were when Kennedy was killed, the Challenger shuttle exploded, and when Bill-806 notched his 10,000th post. It's history baby!! And I have no doubt he'll have his typing finger bronzed as a momento of this great event. Can an Ebay replica sales explosion be far behind? Stay tuned!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park?:
    [QUOTE]I believe in 20 yrs many of us will remember where we were when Kennedy was killed, the Challenger shuttle exploded, and when Bill-806 notched his 10,000th post. It's history baby!! And I have no doubt he'll have his typing finger bronzed as a momento of this great event. Can an Ebay replica sales explosion be far behind? Stay tuned!!!
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

I have always pictured Bill typing with one extended index finger.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lets face it, there is going to be a big asterisk next to his gaudy numbers.  The worst kept secret on this board is that Bill's posting feats have been heavily Caps-Lock aided.  Just look at the font in Bill's posts since the Dottie crackdown on caps.  Just not the same anymore, and it wasn't gradual decline.  He was a heavy caps user.  But, the board turned a blind eye to it because his prodigious posting was like a laser show, homerun derby and Battle of the Midway all rolled into one, bringing the boards to new heights of popularity.  I don't mean to put a damper on the excitement over the milestone.  But, lets face it, Bill was the Canseco of caps users.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

In Response to Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park?:
     But, lets face it, Bill was the Canseco of caps users.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Space,

The first to do it, or the first to get caught? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Even though Bill's dad wouldn't approve, post 10,000 ought to be a Manny tribute!
    It will show that Bill has the maturity to move on, that Bill won't take a grudge to the grave, and will be a splendid example to the rest of us of what a real man is.
     It will show us that Bill's mom didn't raise an ingrate. If the greatest event in his life was a WS win, then two WS wins must be ecstasy, Bill, c'mon, give the Man-Ram his due, you owe him dude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE] Even though Bill's dad wouldn't approve, post 10,000 ought to be a Manny tribute! It will show that Bill has the maturity to move on, that Bill won't take a grudge to the grave, and will be a splendid example to the rest of us of what a real man is.  It will show us that Bill's mom didn't raise an ingrate. If the greatest event in his life was a WS win, then two WS wins must be ecstasy, Bill, c'mon, give the Man-Ram his due, you owe him dude.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

If I know Bill like I think I do this ain't never gonna happen. Bill is a great judge of character and he would never pay tribute to the despicable one. This is why I admire Bill, he is a man of principle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park? : If I know Bill like I think I do this ain't never gonna happen. Bill is a great judge of character and he would never pay tribute to the despicable one. This is why I admire Bill, he is a man of principle.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]
     That's the funny thing about principles, they have to be seen in the light of perspective. Bill, is a man with faults and regrets like everyone else I'm sure, and
    a man who has needed and recieved forgiveness at times in his span of three score and four... it's only appropriate, that now, after airing his justifiable grievances that he grant the same forgiveness shown to him, to do less, would be to ignore a fundamental principle, "Do unto others..."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suspense, drama, mystery: Can Bill-806 reach his 10,000th post by Friday, the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park? :  That's the funny thing about principles, they have to be seen in the light of perspective. Bill, is a man with faults and regrets like everyone else I'm sure, and a man who has needed and recieved forgiveness at times in his span of three score and four... it's only appropriate, that now, after airing his justifiable grievances that he grant the same forgiveness shown to him, to do less, would be to ignore a fundamental principle, "Do unto others..."
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

This is not really about forgiveness. I never liked Manny and never found him to be person  of good character. I still hold that opinion despite the fact he was a highly skilled player who played for my favorite team. Bill never said Manny couldn't play, he correctly stated that Manny is a person of despicable character. That has not changed. Now if Manny were to sincerely change his ways...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts