Sveum 2 Cubs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sveum 2 Cubs

Done.  Cubs manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Sveum 2 Cubs

SOX MUST HAVE DECIDED HE WASNT WHAT THEY NEEDED AT THIS POINT. SVEUM WAS WITH THE ORGANIZATION LONG ENOUGH FOR THEM TO KNOW. THEO CONTINUES TO GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER IN THE WINDY CITY

SOX HAVE PUT THE MANAGERIAL SEARCH ON HOLD UNTIL NEXT WEEK

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD & BILL-806 ARE OK WITH THIS TOO.......  I/WE WANT A MANAGER WITH A "CHIP" ON THE OLD SHOULDER !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs:
       DAD & BILL-806 ARE OK WITH THIS TOO.......  I/WE WANT A MANAGER WITH A "CHIP" ON THE OLD SHOULDER !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I'll give you that one Bill.  Tongue Out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Who care?  Theo couldnt hire a manager on his own without stealing names from the Red Sox organization.

If he is that good, why the world the Brewers never fire the current manager and replace him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs : yup that's 1 way to look at it Jbay   SVEUM WAS WITH THE ORGANIZATION LONG ENOUGH FOR THEM TO KNOW. and they forgot until they went all the way to wis for the 2nd interview how bout maybe dale said no thanks after hearing he could have the cubs pgammo Peter Gammons What "Red Sox Nation" doesn't fathom is how the post-departure media trashing of Terry Francona made industry folks repulsed by nastiness 7 hours ago
    Posted by pinstripezac

Then why would he initially give the sox an opportunity to to make an offer as was initially being reported? TBH, I bet he wanted the sox job more on a personal level, but he was a better fit for Chicago and they were more aggressive for his services whereas the sox were non-committal. Of course he took the Cubs job, it was a desirable offer already in hand. Not like he was gonna wait around for another week or 2 while Ben goes to DR to scout players, comes back does more manager interviews etc. He wasn't gonna risk losing the Cubs job waiting around on the sox then still not even be guaranteed of getting that job, and come away empty handed. he jumped on a sweet offer right in his face, good for him, his knowledge of the NL central will serve him well there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs : yup that's 1 way to look at it Jbay   SVEUM WAS WITH THE ORGANIZATION LONG ENOUGH FOR THEM TO KNOW. and they forgot until they went all the way to wis for the 2nd interview how bout maybe dale said no thanks after hearing he could have the cubs pgammo Peter Gammons What "Red Sox Nation" doesn't fathom is how the post-departure media trashing of Terry Francona made industry folks repulsed by nastiness 7 hours ago
    Posted by pinstripezac

Could be Zac but reports claim Sveuns first choice was returning to the Sox. two different kind of challenges, but after 102 years without a championship, not sure rebuilding in Chicago is much, if any easier, than expectations in Boston. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs : Could be Zac. two different kind of challenges but after 102 years without a championship, not sure rebuilding in Chicago is much if any easier than expectations in Boston.
    Posted by J-BAY

Not to mention that the Cubs roster is a bloody mess.  The Sox roster needs some tweaking, yes, but any manager would rather have that roster to work with (in a vacuum of course, without the horrifying media vampires and crazy-fickle fan base).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's my guess on who will be the new manager: Mike Hargrove!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs : Not to mention that the Cubs roster is a bloody mess.  The Sox roster needs some tweaking, yes, but any manager would rather have that roster to work with (in a vacuum of course, without the horrifying media vampires and crazy-fickle fan base).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

agreed, space. not sure the Chicago media has much patience at this point either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Good.  I don't trust anyone who puts an 'S' before a 'V'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Guess the Sox want to move in another direction. I think they may want someone with more hair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Sveum 2 Cubs : agreed, space. not sure the Chicago media has much patience at this point either.
    Posted by J-BAY

As a former chicago resident, I feel confident in saying that the Chicago media is a totally different creature.  Sure, Chicago is a great sports town, so there is a healthy amount of zeal spent on the ups and downs of the sports teams in the Windy City, but a. there is a healthy distance between the club and the media; they do not live up these guys' azzes the way the Boston beat writers do and b. the Cubbies, no matter what, seem to get a "lovable losers" pass.  Even when they are getting lambasted, it is in a sort of fun way, at least compared to the Red Sox critical press.  When the Cubs are inevitable losing contact with the NL Central leaders in any given summer, the fiery crticism from the chicago media is akin to the press that the Sox would get after clinching a playoff spot.  No question it is a cushier job with way more margin of error, 102 years or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Sveum 2 Cubs:
    Done.  Cubs manager.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Spaceman, I give Sveum two years before he either gets fired, or half his ballclub doesn't want to play for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

If Sveum was viewed as a great manager candidate, why didn't the Brewers hire him in 2008 and 2010?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Good.  I don't trust anyone who puts an 'S' before a 'V'.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

lol. funny I said the same!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Spaceman, I give Sveum two years before he either gets fired, or half his ballclub doesn't want to play for him.
    I will make the same prediction for Cherington.  Two years and he either quits or gets fired.  I think he is going to have problems with Lucchino second guessing his moves, just the same way Theo did, and apparently it has already started and the seed of discontent firmly planted.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Just as well.

Sveum's head was too rounded and too well shorn.  He looked like a rugby ball with eyes...

Sections
Shortcuts