Sweet Caroline has got to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!

In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": Sure pike, show us random pictures of Dr. King and his marchers, then point out which one is "you".
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Pike is a regular Forrest Gump isn't he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The pink hats came to Fenway because since the team actually started sniffing World Series titles in '03 and it became a cool place to party and they have the money from somewhere for the high ticket prices.  But if the Sox are losing it gets kinda boring for them because the party vibe disappears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Night folks I doubt I'll be TWM the next time we meet.

Pike one last thing, scratch kst's nuts for me will you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Pike is a regular Forrest Gump isn't he? Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] His next alias I'm sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Yankee fans would love any fat cats who bought up those tickets behind home plate. Why do supposed Red sox fans hate those who buy such expensive tickets. It makes no sense. Are you people really Red Sox fans. We know that the guy from Niskayuna is not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]Why the hatred for "pink hats" or new Red Sox fans. Don't they buy the high priced tickets and add to Bosox revenues? What is wrong with that. The Yankees with so many empty high priced seats could use some "pink hats". Can any of you explain why you hate "pink hats" so much? Is it a real phobia or is it just a thing to awaken a dying forum?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

They are the bandwagoners of the World Series runs.  They bear no scars of classic Red Sox heartbreak.  They wanted nothing to do with the team before '04.  So they are disliked by tried and true fans because of their desire to only support Boston in the wake of success and winning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Im a Sox transplant living in NYC and all my Yank friends that had gone to Fenway comeback missing their beloved old stadium with their traditions and songs. Something they don't get they say on the new stadium.  So Sing Sweet Caroline until it runs completely dry because nothing says Unity than that great song.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : They are the bandwagoners of the World Series runs.  They bear no scars of classic Red Sox heartbreak.  They wanted nothing to do with the team before '04.  So they are disliked by tried and true fans because of their desire to only support Boston in the wake of success and winning.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Did you do a survey? How do you know that? Would you prefer that the seats remained empty? How many who bear scars are watching the games on TV from 500 miles away? You sound an Army sargeant who hates new recruits because they are new and haven't experienced boot camp like you did. Why not love new Red sox fans because they are Red Sox fans instead of su-cking up to Yankee fans. Who is more disliked on this forum; Pink hat RS fans or closet Yankee fans? Some of you have your priorities mixed up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Did you do a survey? How do you know that? Would you prefer that the seats remained empty? How many who bear scars are watching the games on TV from 500 miles away? You sound an Army sargeant who hates new recruits because they are new and haven't experienced boot camp like you did. Why not love new Red sox fans because they are Red Sox fans instead of su-cking up to Yankee fans. Who is more disliked on this forum; Pink hat RS fans or closet Yankee fans? Some of you have your priorities mixed up. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] This actually makes sense pike. I must be getting tired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": This actually makes sense pike. I must be getting tired.

Try not to join fraternities or become a member of a clique. Be true to yourself. Of course, you are free to tip beers with Babe, TWM, Jessey, J-Bay and Spaceman in NYC. After all this isn't a Red Sox forum but is only a place to be entertained.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Does anyone here have any idea why they have started playing "Sweet Caroline" at the Detroit Red Wing games at Joe Louis Arena, when they win??

Its absolutely aggravating to hear them pretend to be at Fenway.

PS:  we will continue to hate Pink Hats, and you cannot make us not.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : actually I'm pretty sure that  it was at a hockey game that a female sox employee first heard the song played in a sports arena and the rest is history  
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Her name was Carolyn Sweet .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Yeah me too, I've got color shots of the last 10 minutes at little big horn.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Really? Awesome! I would pay millions to be able and watch Custer get his azz kicked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Really? Awesome! I would pay millions to be able and watch Custer get his azz kicked.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Big talk, B!   Ha!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : AHh, ok.  It just sounded like you tied them together somehow.  My bad. Certainly to each his own .... I'm in a Who mindset right now.  It won't last too long, I imagine.  Too many other choices to stick to for too long.  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Then maybe a good song would be "The Real Me"...Except the WASP versionTongue Out
    http://youtu.be/Te-jTA8g8Ys

and heres the original Who version for ya Yaz
    http://youtu.be/pohhMx9EdNc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Then maybe a good song would be "The Real Me"...Except the WASP version http://youtu.be/Te-jTA8g8Ys and heres the original Who version for ya Yaz http://youtu.be/pohhMx9EdNc
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Hehee  .. thx southpaw

I nearly gagged on the W.A.S.P, video ..... so the original helped me keep breakfast where it needed to be......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]99 percent of the people at Fenway Park love the singing of Sweet Caroline. Conversely 90% of the regulars on this forum hate the song. Most of the regulars on this forum are also on the BDC Music Forum and really favor the rock, blues, acid-rock, rap, and other crap from the 1980s and 1990s. Go figure. The group on that forum were told recently by a poster that they are a clique and they admitted it but said that most Internet forums are comprised ofcliques. Close-knit fraternities are the norm on these forums. It gives such types an identity.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]
    The poster in question got his drawers in a wad because folks disagreed with his opinion. Which happens all the time (like now) on message boards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": Especially when there are so many rock ANTHEMS by Boston that you could rock Fenway to after a win. "Dirty Water" is another one that I don't care for that much. Give me something that juices things up, and ROCKS! Tessie is good too, but I like something by Boston better. But Tessie would be infinitely better than Caroline or Dirty Water.

Good idea.  How about another Dropkick Murphys song, "For Boston"?

For Boston for Boston, we sing our proud refrain
    for Boston for Boston 'tis wisdom's earthly fame
    for here are all one and our hearts are true
    and the towers on the heights reach the heavens own blue.
    for boston for boston 'til the echoes ring again!

For Boston for Boston thy glory is our own
    for Boston for Boston 'tis here that truth is known
    and ever with a right shall our heirs be found 'til time shall be no more and thy work is crowned
    for Boston for Boston thy glory is our own!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Good idea.  How about another Dropkick Murphys song, "For Boston"? For Boston for Boston, we sing our proud refrain for Boston for Boston 'tis wisdom's earthly fame for here are all one and our hearts are true and the towers on the heights reach the heavens own blue. for boston for boston 'til the echoes ring again! For Boston for Boston thy glory is our own for Boston for Boston 'tis here that truth is known and ever with a right shall our heirs be found 'til time shall be no more and thy work is crowned for Boston for Boston thy glory is our own!
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius[/QUOTE]

The Boston College "fight song" during athletic games I remember hearing that during BU vs. BC hockey games in the early 1960s.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Tell that to the men's chorus I heard in the men's room at Fenway Park. It put a smile on my face. Sorry space, it's precisely because it makes no sense that the singing of Sweet Caroline is so great. I sing along every time and I've been a fan since '72.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Ha.  OK, DD, you win.  Good point about the nonsensical match of the somg with the park/game/Red Sox.  That is a good element of the tradition.  And, FWIW, I actually like the song and Neil Diamond in general. 

I guess I should get over it.

However, I think your avatar proves my theory about pink hats and the singing of the song  Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The oldest collegiate fight song in the United States is Boston College's "For Boston", composed by T.J. Hurley in 1885.[1]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Out of town fans think Sweet Caroline is a silly song to be played at Fenway while  holding hands.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone here have any idea why they have started playing "Sweet Caroline" at the Detroit Red Wing games at Joe Louis Arena, when they win?? Its absolutely aggravating to hear them pretend to be at Fenway. PS:  we will continue to hate Pink Hats, and you cannot make us not.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

The nationals play it in their ball park, sounds out of place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone here have any idea why they have started playing "Sweet Caroline" at the Detroit Red Wing games at Joe Louis Arena, when they win?? Its absolutely aggravating to hear them pretend to be at Fenway. PS:  we will continue to hate Pink Hats, and you cannot make us not.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

That is how I felt when the Braves fans started the Tomohawk Chop.  As a Seminole, I took great umbrage at those copy-cats, especially when it became a Braves Thing.  Unacceptable.  GET YOUR OWN RIDICULOUS FAN FUN ACTIVITY!!!

Sections
Shortcuts