Sweet Caroline has got to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sweet Caroline has got to go!

As I write this, I'm listening to the Sox/Orioles game on Baltimore radio because WEEI is not carrying it. Coming back from commercial break after the top of the eighth, what do I hear the crowd singing to in the background? You guessed it. For some reason, I had the impression this was going away after the collapse. How presumptuous of me. Don't get me wrong, I do like the song, but I think it's time has come and gone as far as Boston baseball is concerned. Time to move on folks, it was fun while it lasted, but it's over. Play something else please, ten years is enough. Thx.!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!

Not gonna happen, Exam. Old traditions die hard at Fenway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Truth, but it's not THAT old, only started in 2002 as far as I heard.. I had hopes, but looks like they are dashed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

right you are "J"............my favorite is tesse by the dropkick murphys! I love that video.
    how's things down in sunny conn?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I understand that Sweet Caroline is now an intrinsic part of the Red Sox/Fenway experience, but, man, I am not a fan.  Makes me ashamed to be a pink hat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now they're joking about fried chicken on Baltimore radio, I don't like this team. But we beat up on 'em 5-4. A 3-0 start for the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]I understand that Sweet Caroline is now an intrinsic part of the Red Sox/Fenway experience, but, man, I am not a fan.  Makes me ashamed to be a pink hat. Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE] Especially when there are so many rock ANTHEMS by Boston that you could rock Fenway to after a win. "Dirty Water" is another one that I don't care for that much. Give me something that juices things up, and ROCKS! Tessie is good too, but I like something by Boston better. But Tessie would be infinitely better than Caroline or Dirty Water.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]Truth, but it's not THAT old, only started in 2002 as far as I heard.. I had hopes, but looks like they are dashed.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

2002, when the new ownership took over.  sounds about rightWink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]right you are "J"............my favorite is tesse by the dropkick murphys! I love that video. how's things down in sunny conn?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Still no snow, Hammah, suppose to go to 60's the next few days, which is just the way I like it

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The FO was going to remove Sweet Caroline since it was the apparent cause for the collapse but BDC's Georom convinced them otherwise. Cherrington tried all winter to trade Beckett as recommended but the other teams also demanded the Popeye's franchise in Kenmore Square.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

During the games at Fenway, pass out ballots for the All Star game and add a question about ditching Sweet Caroline. I doubt that fans want a change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No wonder there was a collapse, NYY have hijacked the song!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Now that Pap is gone  maybe they could use " Shipping up to Boston."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'd prefer f r i g g i n row, row, row your boat to sweet caroline.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]As I write this, I'm listening to the Sox/Orioles game on Baltimore radio because WEEI is not carrying it. Coming back from commercial break after the top of the eighth, what do I hear the crowd singing to in the background? You guessed it. For some reason, I had the impression this was going away after the collapse. How presumptuous of me. Don't get me wrong, I do like the song, but I think it's time has come and gone as far as Boston baseball is concerned. Time to move on folks, it was fun while it lasted, but it's over. Play something else please, ten years is enough. Thx.!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I hear the Yankees don't play that ? Would you be intrested ???????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Sweet Caroline has got to go! : I hear the Yankees don't play that ? Would you be intrested ??????? Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE] You totally lost me man, this question doesn't make sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

There has been much use of the epithet 'pink hat' on this board.  But, the definitions of what exactly a pink hat is have been myriad and all over the place and quite confusing.

I offer my method of determining a 'pink hat' and how to tell the difference between pink hat and non-pink-hat:

Non-pink hat:  the person(s) at fenway silent or mouthing half-heartedly along during 'Sweet Caroline'.

Pink-hat:  The person(s) at fenway singing along with "Sweet Caroline' at the top of their lungs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So many better options by Boston's own ...
    "Tessie," Dropkick Murphys.
    "Soadjerk," Buffalo Tom
    "Back in the Saddle," Aerosmith
    "More Than a Feeling," Boston

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I wonder if the Examiner wants the Orioles to ditch their "Thank God, I'm a Country Boy" after a decade of terrible baseball? I definitely see a direct correlation between the 8th inning song and a team's won-lost record. You would have to be blind not to make that logical deduction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]I wonder if the Examiner wants the Orioles to ditch their "Thank God, I'm a Country Boy" after a decade of terrible baseball? Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] If it makes them terrible I say keep it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]So many better options by Boston's own ... "Tessie," Dropkick Murphys. "Soadjerk," Buffalo Tom "Back in the Saddle," Aerosmith "More Than a Feeling," Boston
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

How about "Psycho Chicken" by The Fools?

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts