Sweet Caroline has got to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!

As you all know I see most of my sox games at camden yard.

The yard was filled with sox fans for every sox/o's game a few years back when they were on a roll.  You couldn't count the chartered buses that came from new england because there were so many.

Some sox fans in their 20's filled the box behind me and were having a great time.  The sox were winning so we all were having a great time.  After country roads was played they started to sing sweet caroline.  It caught on so that whole section started to sing. Sweet!

No wonder o's fans can't stand us!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]As you all know I see most of my sox games at camden yard. The yard was filled with sox fans for every sox/o's game a few years back when they were on a roll.  You couldn't count the chartered buses that came from new england because there was so many. Some sox fans in their 20's filled the box behind me and were having a great time.  The sox were winning so we all were having a great time.  After country roads was played they started to sing sweet caroline.  It caught on so that whole section started to sing. Sweet! No wonder o's fans can't stand us! Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE] LOL...now THAT I like! Tell it to Luke Scott!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": LOL...now THAT I like! Tell it to Luke Scott!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Scotts a piece of work!  Celebrating as if they won the WS after they won the last game, pretty lame.

I will say that at times the yard does feel like fenway south, some outside the park even sell t-shirts with that statement on them.  The o's fans can be pretty rough on sox fans, one threatened to throw me off the second level just for wearing a red sox shirt.  He was kidding of course, at least I hope he was kidding.

On the other hand I do see their point.  I wouldn't like a bunch of o's fans taking over fenway game after game.  Of course that would never happen!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hate sweet caroline...sappy song - not even one of diamond's best...

dont like 70s corporate rock like boston, aerosmith...but they have some good rockers...

Shipping Up to Boston probably....but why not the Cars Lets Go? Great intro, banging beat, and you know the whole stadium will scream the chorus...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I would vote for Comfortably Numb by "PINK FLOYD" but thats how we played down the stretch last season which really didn't work well :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]99 percent of the people at Fenway Park love the singing of Sweet Caroline. Conversely 90% of the regulars on this forum hate the song. Most of the regulars on this forum are also on the BDC Music Forum and really favor the rock, blues, acid-rock, rap, and other crap from the 1980s and 1990s. Go figure. The group on that forum were told recently by a poster that they are a clique and they admitted it but said that most Internet forums are comprised ofcliques. Close-knit fraternities are the norm on these forums. It gives such types an identity.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

This man's idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120307&content_id=27079088&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Did you do a survey? How do you know that? Would you prefer that the seats remained empty? How many who bear scars are watching the games on TV from 500 miles away? You sound an Army sargeant who hates new recruits because they are new and haven't experienced boot camp like you did. Why not love new Red sox fans because they are Red Sox fans instead of su-cking up to Yankee fans. Who is more disliked on this forum; Pink hat RS fans or closet Yankee fans? Some of you have your priorities mixed up.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

No survey is needed to determine that '04 and '07 spawned a crop of bandwagon RS fans.

In response to your army analogy, if the new recruits only waited 'til after the war to sign up and wanted nothing to do with fighting the war, and I signed up in the heat of battle and had a couple of my limbs blown off, yes, I would bear resentment for those who only signed up in time for the victory celebration and when times got good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Has anyone ever ascertained how many Yankee fans are of the Bandwagon or Pink Hat variety? Where I grew up I was bombarded by neighborhood kids who were Yankee fans because they were a dynasty. I imagine it was the same in Boston for Celtics Pink hats and in LA for Lakers Pink Hats. With such stars as Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, or Reggie Jackson , how could you not end up being a Pink Hat Yankee fan?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

The problem is, the only songs appropriate for a singalong at a baseball game are poppy, anthemic, corporate-friendly crapola that sold enough to be well known.  Aerosmith?  Cars?  Boston?  Egad, they'd be more appropriate in a vomitorium.*

None of the above could ever write a song as great as All Kindsa Girls (Real Kids), Roadrunner (Jonathon Richman and the Modern Lovers), Don't Look Back (Remains) or various songs by Jeff Conolly, Clint Conley or Larry Bangor and other Boston musical giants.  But it's hard to envision the pink hats, blue rinses and sundry old rich guys belting out "That's When I Reach For My Revolver" or "What Does Sex Mean To Me" at Fenway Park....but I live in hope.

* exaggerating for effect.  ;-)