SWEET CAROLINE IS A WINNER!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

SWEET CAROLINE IS A WINNER!!!!!!

EL STUPIDO, STEVE BUCKLEY, OF THE HERALD, DOES NOT WRITE NICE THNGS ABOUT SWEET

CAROLINE!  I WON'T SAY "GO TO HELL, STEVE BUCKLEY,"  BUT HOW ABOUT GO TO PITTSBURGH?

AS A LIFELONG REDSOX FAN 63 YEARS AND COUNTING! (SINCE AGE  8) , SADLY, I HAVE ONLY

BEEN TO FENWAY 3 TIMES...BUT THE TOTAL WILL MOUNT.  EACH TIME, I TOTALLY ENJOYED

STANDING WITH THE 35000+ AND LOUDLY SINGING "SWEET CAROLINE"!  IF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE THAT, STEVE...BE GONE!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: SWEET CAROLINE IS A WINNER!!!!!!

God i hate that song.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not a fan of that song either and dont see the reason for its fenway purpose...but the fans seem to enjoy it....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:

Quiz for Yankee fans:

What song plays when:

• The Yankee grounds crew rocks out to WHAT SONG  while manicuring the infield mid-game.

Easy !... Take this job and shove it !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think it is silly to want to deconstruct our cultures.  I wouldn't play it on a jukebox, but it is our song.  The NYY sing their own songs, which I don't care for, but that's their tradition.  When we used to close out the bar, the same 2-3 songs were played, and everyone joined in.

There is a reason why traditions are called traditions.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No matter what song was chosen, there would be the same unhappy people griping about the "pink hats" who like it.  I personally have NO PROBLEM with the pink hats loving this song.  I could care less whether they are pink hats or not.

NEWS FLASH!  These pink hats buy stuff.  They put $$$$$ in the Red Sox coffers.  That $$$$$$ help the Red Sox afford quality players & World Series runs.  That $$$$$  helps us enjoy GOOD BASEBALL.

The song???  Sure, I happen to like it, but I love the fact that you can be a part of something that gets 30+ thousand on their feet, TOGETHER, having fun with something related to our team.  If you go to a game, & sit on your hands in silent protest, refusing to join in with your fellow fans, you are quite likely a total D.  Let it go, & quit taking yourself so GD seriously.

Lighten up Francis!  & get a life!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to REBEL's comment:

CAROLINE!  I WON'T SAY "GO TO HELL, STEVE BUCKLEY,"  BUT HOW ABOUT GO TO PITTSBURGH?

AS A LIFELONG REDSOX FAN 63 YEARS AND COUNTING! (SINCE AGE  8) , SADLY, I HAVE ONLY

BEEN TO FENWAY 3 TIMES...BUT THE TOTAL WILL MOUNT.  EACH TIME, I TOTALLY ENJOYED

STANDING WITH THE 35000+ AND LOUDLY SINGING "SWEET CAROLINE"!  IF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE THAT, STEVE...BE GONE!!!

Wow, never thought I see the day that a longtime Red Sox fan would advocate the Pinkhat nation song played during the 8th inning of home games at Fenway Park.

First off, the song was written and played by a lifelong Yankee fan, and the person it is written about has lived in NY most of her life.

Secondly, the pink hats sing this stupid song even when the Red Sox are getting their butts kicked...case in point, I attended the the Sox/Yankee game last season where the Sox jumped out to a 9-0 lead for Doubront but after 6 innings the bullpen came in and handed the Yanks two 7 run innings by the 8th inning...I was humiliated but then "the song' started and the pinkhats started singing like it was a celebration. I blame the Red Sox for even starting this song in these situations, but why would you feel like singing when your team is getting their butts kicked by their most intense rival??

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS STUPID SONG...if you want a song use Dirty Water by the Standells or Boston by Augustana.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It lasts two minutes between innings....what harm, or difference, does it really make?? I doubt many attending the game care, either way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Wow, never thought I see the day that a longtime Red Sox fan would advocate the Pinkhat nation song played during the 8th inning of home games at Fenway Park.

First off, the song was written and played by a lifelong Yankee fan, and the person it is written about has lived in NY most of her life.

Secondly, the pink hats sing this stupid song even when the Red Sox are getting their butts kicked...case in point, I attended the the Sox/Yankee game last season where the Sox jumped out to a 9-0 lead for Doubront but after 6 innings the bullpen came in and handed the Yanks two 7 run innings by the 8th inning...I was humiliated but then "the song' started and the pinkhats started singing like it was a celebration. I blame the Red Sox for even starting this song in these situations, but why would you feel like singing when your team is getting their butts kicked by their most intense rival??

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS STUPID SONG...if you want a song use Dirty Water by the Standells or Boston by Augustana.

Oyyyy!  Loved Jack, but I'm hardly a next generation Kennedyphile.  I'm also a Republican & disagree with the Kennedys on most things political.  I thought it was the Republicans who were the Grinches???  She's from a Great Mass. political family, & that's what most focus on.  For that matter, most young people don't have a clue who the song is about.

Again.....  Lighten up Francis!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's a great song!  It gets 30+ thousand Sox fans on their feet, winning or losing, & adds to the enjoyment of the Fenway experience.  Some die hard, life long Sox fans, like myself, need to get a life.  RELAX!  ENJOY!  TAKE A CHILL PILL!  STOP TAKING YOUR PURIST SELF SO SERIOUSLY! 

I've loved this team for close to a half century, & the pink hats don't bother me one bit.  If they are simply jumping on board for a fun cruise, what the hell do I care???  Some people simply can't life their own lives, & stop worrying about what others are doing.  Holy shnikies!  Get a life!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Get rid of this 10 year fad.  Hate it. Now is the perfect time to move on.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

Get rid of this 10 year fad.  Hate it. Now is the perfect time to move on.

How many games per year do you attend? It must really be tough to hear that song 81 times per year. But then this forum had 500 JD Drew threads per season for four years. Talk about boring. I did hear that one can buy earplugs with the Red Sox logo on them at the store on Yawkey Way and they only cost $5.

There you go again, stop trolling.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Since you have only been to Fenway a few times, I will give you a pass....but, If they are going to keep the song, how about playing "Dirty Water" in the 8th......& playing "Sweet Caroline" after a win.."Good times never felt so good" would fit, much better after a Sox win, instead of Sox fans joyfully singing the same lyrics when we just might be getting our butts kicked in the 8th.....This way, since the game is over, the high number of fans that can't stand the song, can run out of the park.......................lol 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Asking someone how many games they go to at Fenway after they claim that they hate a song is trolling? I only attend about three games per year and the typical fan attends about that many. Take off your conformist hat and show some character or backbone. Don't be a yes man.

You are diverting thread, this is classic trolling. You have yet to state whether or not you like Sweet Carolina. Your only opinion is that since the Red Sox made the decision if you don't like it your not a fan. Pathetic really are you employed by the Red Sox?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If ever there were a time for Josetavares, this is it.  In fact, "Who cares!" should be posted after every single one of Pike's posts.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Every thread about Sweet Caroline should be deleted by the moderators since nearly everyone here lives outside of New England and hasn't been to Fenway Park in years.  You are right who cares. I was just attacking the utter stupidity of it all. Who cares. A bunch of old grouchy men like DGalehouse with too much time on their hands so they start idiotic threads like this one. Rojas is a good egg despite what most think of him.

piiiiiiiiiiiikkee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Every thread about Sweet Caroline should be deleted by the moderators since nearly everyone here lives outside of New England and hasn't been to Fenway Park in years.  You are right who cares. I was just attacking the utter stupidity of it all. Who cares. A bunch of old grouchy men like DGalehouse with too much time on their hands so they start idiotic threads like this one. Rojas is a good egg despite what most think of him.

I really don't start that many threads. Regrettably , they limit our computer time here at the rest home. Actually , I think Sweet Caroline represents happy music that goes with good times. That is why it is popular in ballparks and at wedding receptions.  You might not want it on your playlist , but  it is appropriate for Fenway. 

Sections
Shortcuts