Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan

I know this isn't exactly baseball related but thought it was a good story to see baseball players taking time out to help others....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Nick-Swisher-is-planning-a-honeymoon-to-8230-?urn=mlb-wp16975

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

Re: Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan

I hate to say this about any NYY guy, but : Class move, Nick; class move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

His wife is hot also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Swisher's a good guy, as is Jeter, Teixeira, Rivera, Posada, and probably several others on the pinstripes. This is nothing personal. They just play for the wrong team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Swisher's a good guy, as is Jeter, Teixeira, Rivera, Posada, and probably several others on the pinstripes.

I'm guessing not so much LD ;-)

By JAY COHEN
    AP Sports Writer

CHICAGO (AP) - New York Yankees right fielder Nick Swisher has recorded an album of children's songs to benefit his charity foundation.

Swisher's 12-song record, "Believe," is available online and includes covers of David Bowie's "Heroes" and John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads."

Swisher says he had a "blast" in the studio and his favorite songs are "Heroes" and the title track, which he says was written by former Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams.

San Francisco Giants pitcher Barry Zito also plays guitar on the album.

Swisher and the Yankees faced the White Sox in Chicago on Wednesday night.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

A-Rod will never be mistaken for a "good guy."

I'm having problems thinking of him as a fellow human.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

LOL Zill

fellow human  ?   ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I don't like to say good things about the yankees but I do think it's  great  that the Yankee players participate in HOPE week.

Here's photos of Nick S in the pool enjoying himself with the little boy who lost his arms.   Mo showed up along with a bunch of other Yanks to the same pool party.

He has become what a baseball player should be.  Class on and off the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good story.  Concur on Yankees. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan:
    [QUOTE]I'm guessing not so much LD ;-)[/QUOTE]

Yep, Zac, that was no oversight!

I get occasional grief from my fellow Red Sox fans for respecting the Yankees. I have to admit, it's personal.

I'm a Virginia Tech graduate. Four years ago, we had an unspeakable tragedy I'm sure you all remember. A month later, the Yankees came to our campus to play an exhibition game. They donated $1 million to the Memorial Fund. The whole time they were there, they couldn't have been more engaging with the players and students. (Even A-Rod, now that I think about it).

I'm still passionate (my wife says insane) about the Sox, and I was awfully happy Coco hauled in Swisher's bomb last night. But those guys, and that organization, have my utmost respect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Definitely a class act, but how many guys give their respective brides a flack jacket to wear on their honeymoon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Swisher Honeymoon in Afghanistan : Yep, Zac, that was no oversight! I get occasional grief from my fellow Red Sox fans for respecting the Yankees. I have to admit, it's personal. I'm a Virginia Tech graduate. Four years ago, we had an unspeakable tragedy I'm sure you all remember. A month later, the Yankees came to our campus to play an exhibition game. They donated $1 million to the Memorial Fund. The whole time they were there, they couldn't have been more engaging with the players and students. (Even A-Rod, now that I think about it). I'm still passionate (my wife says insane) about the Sox, and I was awfully happy Coco hauled in Swisher's bomb last night. But those guys, and that organization, have my utmost respect.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I remember Virginia Tech, very wrong,

but still a nice story, thanks for sharing  LD

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm impressed with Swisher and wife's Afganistan trip for the troops.

My opinion of him changed 180 degrees....

God bless him or any celebrity who volunteers their time for our troops.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

didn't he hit a walk off grand slam last night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's saving that for the ALCS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Props to Swisher and all the players who give back.