Swisher or Hamilton next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Swisher or Hamilton next?

I predict one of these two players will be added to our roster.  Probably the less expensive Swisher because of his ability to play 1B and OF which is fine.  He hits very well at fenway and should give us even more depth. 

I prefer Hamilton, especially if we don't find better starting pitching but Josh may still be holding out for Texas to give in, where he can remain with friends and family.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Swisher or Hamilton next?

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predict one of these two players will be added to our roster.  Probably the less expensive Swisher because of his ability to play 1B and OF which is fine.  He hits very well at fenway and should give us even more depth. 

I prefer Hamilton, especially if we don't find better starting pitching but Josh may still be holding out for Texas to give in, where he can remain with friends and family.

[/QUOTE]

The Victorino signing ended any interest they had in Swisher, but they are definitely still interested in Hamilton, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Swisher is ok just don't play him in the playoffs because he turns into a swisher

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Victorino signing ended any interest they had in Swisher, but they are definitely still interested in Hamilton, though.

[/QUOTE]

Remember we still don't really have a 1B and Nick could put up some nice numbers.  Napoli could also play there at times but with Swisher at IB and Salty traded it could make for a very interesting lineup with great depth.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun-1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who'd of thought a couple of years back that youk could end up on the YANKS and swish on the bosox

[/QUOTE]

I think Youk back at 1B and as Middy's backup is worth a one, plus 2nd year team option risk for the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember we still don't really have a 1B and Nick could put up some nice numbers.  Napoli could also play there at times but with Swisher at IB and Salty traded it could make for a very interesting lineup with great depth.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli is going to play first most of the time.  They signed him for his bat and they think he'll hit more only catching once in a while.  They arent even discussing Swisher anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Napoli is going to play first most of the time.  They signed him for his bat and they think he'll hit more only catching once in a while.  They arent even discussing Swisher anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I think you may want to Google that, the truth is Swisher could still be their back up plan if they don't land Hamilton.  Here is just one of the more recent links .....

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-red-sox-interested-in-nick-swisher-could-be-fallback-plan-if-team-cant-sign-josh-hamilton/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you may want to Google that, the truth is Swisher could still be their back up plan if they don't land Hamilton.  Here is just one of the more recent links .....

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-red-sox-interested-in-nick-swisher-could-be-fallback-plan-if-team-cant-sign-josh-hamilton/

[/QUOTE]

I saw Gordon Edes' column, but the Sox aren't going to go 4/50+ for Swisher.  The only possibility      would be if they move Ellsbury in a package for a pitcher and even then I don't see it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw Gordon Edes' column, but the Sox aren't going to go 4/50+ for Swisher.  The only possibility      would be if they move Ellsbury in a package for a pitcher and even then I don't see it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think I would prefer Swisher...the upside and lack of baggage makes him the better of the two if I have to choose.  Swisher can probably be had for a 3 yr deal whereas Hamilton won't come in at less than a 4 yr deal and I am thinking the Rangers offer him that.  Hamilton is the better fielder but Swisher can play 1B...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I would prefer Swisher...the upside and lack of baggage makes him the better of the two if I have to choose.  Swisher can probably be had for a 3 yr deal whereas Hamilton won't come in at less than a 4 yr deal and I am thinking the Rangers offer him that.  Hamilton is the better fielder but Swisher can play 1B...

[/QUOTE]

Swisher already has multiple 4 year offers out there.  He won't be signed for 3 years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Let's go after Hamilton 4yrs.@100 million.  make the Ranger's pay.  Hamilton is what we need to glue all of pieces together.  If I signed Hamilton  would then go after Lohse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Maybe we end up with both.  Napoli deal is not a done deal, apparently because of results fron his physical.  Swisher to play 1B and Hamilton to play LF.  No money left for adding top pitching, but not really any top pitching to add, assuming Sanchez goes somewhere else.  Add a Chien Ming Wang type or two and head to Florida.  Cross your fingers that you can find 5 decent starters and have fun watching the 2013 Sox.  With Hamilton, Swisher, Gomes, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Pedroia, Salty/Lavarnway, Ells and Victorino, they would be a lot of fun to watch.  Speed, power to spare, great defense up the middle, a good bullpen.  I could be inticed to re-up my mlb.com subscription.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

If I had to choose, at this point I highly favor the idea of signing Hamilton.  I suggest 4/104 with a vesting 5th year of around 28-30 million, depending on Josh reaching certain milestones.  Swisher is good, but he is not Hamilton.  He will tie you up for just about as many years, but produce far fewer runs over those 4-5 years, IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trade Ells for prospects.

Sign A Sanchez & Swish could happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are coming off an embarrassing, 93 loss , cellar dwelling 2012 season.   Has this team been improved so far this off season ?  If it has been at all  , it has only been a very minor improvement.  As it stands right now , we are looking at the very real possibility of another last place finish.  Some major moves are certainly needed.  Will we see any ?  Stay tuned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are coming off an embarrassing, 93 loss , cellar dwelling 2012 season.   Has this team been improved so far this off season ?  If it has been at all  , it has only been a very minor improvement.  As it stands right now , we are looking at the very real possibility of another last place finish.  Some major moves are certainly needed.  Will we see any ?  Stay tuned.

[
    ortiz and middlebrooks were out last year, so add ortiz, middlebrooks, napoli, Gomes, Victorino and Ross to last years team, then ask yourself again if this years team has improved.

Dont get me wrong. I don't think this team is overly impressive.  But to question whether is has improved?  Really? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trade Ells for prospects.

Sign A Sanchez & Swish could happen.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Sanchez bidding gets into the 100 million dollar neighborhood and the Sox aren't going there for him.  I also don't see them going to 4/60 for Swisher.  If the Napoli deal falls through, which sounds unlikely, then maybe.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think Boston' next free agent will be Jeff Baker or Ty Wiggington.

I would prefer Sanchez or Liriano be next.  But certainly Sanchez has a fewoffers to consider...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Boston' next free agent will be Jeff Baker or Ty Wiggington.

I would prefer Sanchez or Liriano be next.  But certainly Sanchez has a fewoffers to consider...

[/QUOTE]

You've kinda sold me on Liriano as a fly under the radar get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We will not see Hamilton go to Boston ( Red Sox do not want to spend that type of money). Gomes Ellsbury Victorino and ( prospects are going to get their turn next season) will be the OF as of now live with it. As for now Swisher will not happen. BC did his job at the winter meetings fill in a few holes.

Cherington, hopefully from my perception pitching strength is the most important now. The reality is the pitching at the moment is very very very unstable. Lester bad year, Bucholtz will he be consistent, Lackey coming off major surgery, Doubront is going into his second year. From here we have other starters with a shot in dark evaluation who knows what they will bring next year.

If the sox can trade Ellsbury and ? for consistent pitcher then go after a power hitter such as Hamilton.

PS I am getting sick of threads mentioning Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton, Swisher Swisher Swisher. Just my opinion I do not want these players here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i'll take swisher or hamilton on this team anytime...i hope we get one of them.

and as notin said..ty wigginton may be the guy...he would be nice player off the bench.

can swisher play LF? victorino can play any of the OF spots...but can swisher cover RF in fenway like victorino....victorino move to LF if swisher plays RF...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We will not see Hamilton go to Boston ( Red Sox do not want to spend that type of money). Gomes Ellsbury Victorino and ( prospects are going to get their turn next season) will be the OF as of now live with it. As for now Swisher will not happen. BC did his job at the winter meetings fill in a few holes.

Cherington, hopefully from my perception pitching strength is the most important now. The reality is the pitching at the moment is very very very unstable. Lester bad year, Bucholtz will he be consistent, Lackey coming off major surgery, Doubront is going into his second year. From here we have other starters with a shot in dark evaluation who knows what they will bring next year.

If the sox can trade Ellsbury and ? for consistent pitcher then go after a power hitter such as Hamilton.

PS I am getting sick of threads mentioning Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton, Swisher Swisher Swisher. Just my opinion I do not want these players here.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox should sign this guy  http://www.gbso.net/actor/d0074/I32598.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox should sign this guy  http://www.gbso.net/actor/d0074/I32598.html

[/QUOTE]

LMAO....good one!

Sections
Shortcuts