In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predict one of these two players will be added to our roster.  Probably the less expensive Swisher because of his ability to play 1B and OF which is fine.  He hits very well at fenway and should give us even more depth. 

I prefer Hamilton, especially if we don't find better starting pitching but Josh may still be holding out for Texas to give in, where he can remain with friends and family.

[/QUOTE]

We will not see Hamilton go to Boston ( Red Sox do not want to spend that type of money). Gomes Ellsbury Victorino and ( prospects are going to get their turn next season) will be the OF as of now live with it. As for now Swisher will not happen. BC did his job at the winter meetings fill in a few holes.

Cherington, hopefully from my perception pitching strength is the most important now. The reality is the pitching at the moment is very very very unstable. Lester bad year, Bucholtz will he be consistent, Lackey coming off major surgery, Doubront is going into his second year. From here we have other starters with a shot in dark evaluation who knows what they will bring next year.

If the sox can trade Ellsbury and ? for consistent pitcher then go after a power hitter such as Hamilton.

PS I am getting sick of threads mentioning Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton, Swisher Swisher Swisher. Just my opinion I do not want these players here.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox should sign this guy  http://www.gbso.net/actor/d0074/I32598.html

[/QUOTE]

LMAO....good one!

[/QUOTE]

a 2 for 1 deal ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Swisher or Hamilton next?

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are coming off an embarrassing, 93 loss , cellar dwelling 2012 season.   Has this team been improved so far this off season ?  If it has been at all  , it has only been a very minor improvement.  As it stands right now , we are looking at the very real possibility of another last place finish.  Some major moves are certainly needed.  Will we see any ?  Stay tuned.

[
    ortiz and middlebrooks were out last year, so add ortiz, middlebrooks, napoli, Gomes, Victorino and Ross to last years team, then ask yourself again if this years team has improved.

Dont get me wrong. I don't think this team is overly impressive.  But to question whether is has improved?  Really? 

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz and Middlebrooks missed significant time with injuries. But can we realistically expect to go a full season without injuries ?  The trade with L.A. was made to free up money , but are Napoli , Gomes and Victorino an improvement over AGon , Crawford and Codey Ross ?  I don't think so. And, the pitching staff looks pretty much the same.  As I said , if we have improved at all , it has not been by very much. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We are coming off an embarrassing, 93 loss , cellar dwelling 2012 season.   Has this team been improved so far this off season ?  If it has been at all  , it has only been a very minor improvement.  As it stands right now , we are looking at the very real possibility of another last place finish.  Some major moves are certainly needed.  Will we see any ?  Stay tuned.

[
    ortiz and middlebrooks were out last year, so add ortiz, middlebrooks, napoli, Gomes, Victorino and Ross to last years team, then ask yourself again if this years team has improved.

Dont get me wrong. I don't think this team is overly impressive.  But to question whether is has improved?  Really? 

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz and Middlebrooks missed significant time with injuries. But can we realistically expect to go a full season without injuries ?  The trade with L.A. was made to free up money , but are Napoli , Gomes and Victorino an improvement over AGon , Crawford and Codey Ross ?  I don't think so. And, the pitching staff looks pretty much the same.  As I said , if we have improved at all , it has not been by very much. 

[/QUOTE]

Dont think it is an improvement, but I think they are back the way they are last year.  So if they can find couple good starting pitchers which that is the biggest need for the club.  Then once Boston find couple good starting pitchers, then I can say three guys above plus pitchings along with a newly bullpen pitcher that Boston just signed is an improvement over last year team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I'm guessing Swish goes to Texas. Rangers traded Mike Young to Phillies along with an envelope with a check for 10.1 Mil as part of his 16MM salary and an additional .6MM to buy out his no trade clause. Swish brings experience, younger, switch hits, hits for power. Young had a down year last, 8 hrs.. At 36 the Rangers stuck a fork in him and traded him to the Phillies for  2 pitching prospects thus opening up a position for Swisher. If Swisher goes ahead of Hamilton, I like the Rangers to resign Hamilton. If it goes the other way, Hamilton before Swisher, they may opt to go with Moreland at 1B. and pass on Swisher. Thats how I see so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Josh Hamilton and the Angels are near a deal, accoriding to this tweet from Yahoo!'s Tim Brown:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/279298904091131905

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

So much for Hamilton... 

Hope we swing and miss on Swish-a-licious too.  Would be pure H-E-1-1 watching this drama queen mug it up all summer long for the cameras.  Just say "no" to any ex-NYY'er.  They are all busts when they come to the Fens.  They may sign ours,  don't want theirs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koolga. Show Koolga's posts

If the Napoli deal falls thru, Sox better start talking to Swisher's agents really fast...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I predicted Hamilton to go to Baltimore.  

Both LA teams are making a lot of noise.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I actually think Swisher would be a good fit here, as he can actually hit righties.  I think we still have on OF bat to add, since we can't afford to absolutely stink vs righties.  I do have a feeling we'll get Swisher on a 4/52 deal.  Note, I wouldn't want to pay him that much, but its in line with what we've been doing all season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Swish just won Lotto. A large overpay is on the way. .................I still like Texas.