SWISHER or ROSS?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: SWISHER or ROSS?

I think Ross did a good job for us last year in a tough situation, but Swisher being a Switch hitter would work better. Add that to the fact that he can play 1st, where we are think even if the napoli deal goes through and I think he would be a btter choice. Plus Swisher is a nut....him and Pedey would have everyone loose in the clubhouse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I like Swisher and napoli if the budget allows. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Swish is my choice. Ben better be ready to move quickly and not quibble over a few mill--Swish will be gone probably by Fri noon.

If I'm Cody I would sign some place else after being put on hold for so long.

If Nap falls through they can play Swish at 1 b and perhaps go all in with some of their A prospects to get Stanton.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Swisher is horrible.  Let's sign him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why bother with either of them, this team is going nowhere with the  garbage they signed this off season. I guess all the hype about improving this team was just a stroke job. This team is marginally better than last years team while spending about 50 million dollars. Say goodbye to the sellouts at Fenway Park  because this team is a 4th place team at best with good clubhouse players on it. Great going Ben or Larry or whoever is running this asylum of a baseball team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

ROSS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Swish is my choice. Ben better be ready to move quickly and not quibble over a few mill--Swish will be gone probably by Fri noon.

If Nap falls through they can play Swish at 1 b and perhaps go all in with some of their A prospects to get Stanton.

[/QUOTE]

If he had another solid option I think he would have taken it.. why would he wait?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why bother with either of them, this team is going nowhere with the  garbage they signed this off season. I guess all the hype about improving this team was just a stroke job. This team is marginally better than last years team while spending about 50 million dollars. Say goodbye to the sellouts at Fenway Park  because this team is a 4th place team at best with good clubhouse players on it. Great going Ben or Larry or whoever is running this asylum of a baseball team.

[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion but who would you have signed and for how much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

neither, the napoli deal will likely get resolved, but even more so we dont need any more guys like swisher or ross. we need a middle of the order bat to play left field or 1st. Justin upton would be ideal for LF and is exactly what the sox need. same goes for giancarlo stanton. enough with the mediocre free agent sigings, go the trade route and get someone young and good. you dont turn around a 93 loss team by signing a bunch of aging vets to short term deals. we have yet to acquire a bat to replace gonzo and a pitcher to replace beckett. i would take garza from the cubs for a package based around salty giving us the following rotation

Lester

Garza

Buchholz

Dempster

Lackey

Thats actually respectable. Then deal doubront plus prospects for upton, stanton or someone else along the same lines. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion but who would you have signed and for how much?

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez and Hamilton or nothing at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Let me spell this out for you s-w-i-s-h-e-r  i-s  n-o-t  g-o-i-n-g  t-o  p-l-a-y  i-n  B-o-s-t-o-n.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

we got gomes starting in left......how pathetic can it get........cherinngton is a moron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As far as "chicks loving the long ball", I have to say one of the most exciting sequence of events was a walk, a pinch runner, followed by a stolen base and then a hit up the middle. Hands down the most riveting baseball I ever saw. Edge of your seat exciting in every minute as opposed to someone just smacking a homerun. Chicks love foreplay leading up to a great end result. jsyk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to baddad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we got gomes starting in left......how pathetic can it get........cherinngton is a moron

[/QUOTE]

Hes will be platooned with against RHP. Gomes is basically a cheaper version of Ross. LF will hide some of his defensive deficiencies. Looks at their numbers, there basically the same.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, the sweet, seductive alure of pipe dreams.   Even as I read your note, and all the while knowing it wasn't the least bit likely, it felt good just thinking of it.

Who knows.   Someone wins the superball thing ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Swisher would be the choice, but i like Ross better.

No doubt Yaz,  enough with the Stanton dream.  0% chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Swisher is not coming here. Ross probably saw this fiasco this winter and is going to a team that has a chance to make the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ROSS

[/QUOTE]

Ross to playleft field for red sox 2013!...split time with Gomes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me spell this out for you s-w-i-s-h-e-r  i-s  n-o-t  g-o-i-n-g  t-o  p-l-a-y  i-n  B-o-s-t-o-n.

[/QUOTE]

But Ross should!...great Fenway swing and would be better in left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At this point, I prefer Swisher. 

A switch-hitter who can play OF and first base.  He seems like a positive guy to have too.