Take a minute today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Take a minute today...

and say a prayer for all those who persished on this awful day ten years ago...

never forget them -

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Take a minute today...

Amen to that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And, please, don't forget the thousands upon thousands of servicemen and innocent civilians that have died over the past ten years on pointless, unfounded wars.

THAT has been the greatest atrocity, shame, and embarrassment of 9/11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Although I Love the sentiment...

I truly wish that Americans would spend more than a solitary moment remembering the importance of this day....
    For on this day 10 years ago, we were attacked by a group of RADICAL muslims who chose to attempt to detroy everything this country stood for by attacking a symbol of this country's greatness.

In doing so they terminated or changed the lives of people from many walks of life, many races, religions, creeds were touched this very day 10 years ago.

In the time since then we have avenged the deaths of so many innocents, but in doing so have lost so many more others in the performance of that retalliation.

For Me ( A desert Storm and Iraqui Freedom Vet) this day means so much to me.  It is the beginning of the operation tempto that had me deploy 4 times in five years in an effort to take back the diginity of a nation that was attacked that very day.  We lost Friends, We lost countrymen, we lost Moms Dad, Sister, Brothers, and we lost many a hero in this ordeal.  

In addition to those we shall never see again we have those that so desperately need our help now.  We have the people that were first responders (willing to go into harms way and give their own life if need be) . We have those who deployed shortly there after and for the following ten years willing to give their life ofr an ideal if need be.  Many of these heroes have returned to our sides, broken and tattered physically - THEY NEED OUR HELP.... they are not going to ask for it- but they need it!  SO next time, you walk down the street and look up at a high rise, think to yourself- about all of these people.  Next time you see a firetruck drive down the street racing to assist someone in need remember these are heroes.  Next time you are at a parade and the national guard from your town is walking down the street, don't look down the street for the next band or the clowns.... Give them the respect that they are due, and actually acknowledge that they are HEROES in your life.  Each and every one of these people have put their lives on the line, they have decided that although they do not want to die, if dying is what is asked of them they shall do so to protect you....  THEY DESERVE YOUR RESPECT..... FIREMEN, POLICE, SOLDIERS, SAILORS, AIRMEN, and MARINES.... they ALL deserve your respect.   SEPTEMBER 11 should never be looked at as a holiday... but rather a remembrance- a Solemn dedication of ones time to those who not only were willing, but gave the ultimate sacrifice so that the American way could live on.

Next time YOUR GOVERNMENT comes to a crossroad with a budget problem, or a social problem, or whatever.... and the President stands on TV and states that  "IF we do not have things my way the Soldiers and the Seniors will not get paid"  That is when it is your turn to say to your government....  "NO! We shall not have men in foxholes, on ships or flying planes willing to give their lives to protect us - while you clowns in office play ping pong with their pay possibly preventing their families from eating, and in any situtation putitng more stress on those young men willing to protect us".

THIS day is very important in the life of this nation... it needs more than a moment of reflection.... it need more than a perfunctory acknowledgement, it needs more than a few pretty words by some guy who had some other clown write them.  IT NEED TO BE HEART FELT HONEST REALIZATION OF ALL THIS COUNTRY LOST THAT DAY AND IN THE 10 YEARS SINCE!
    May the Lord bless all of their souls, and may each and every one of their families find solace in knowing how important their days on earth were to all of us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

I think that Obama said that if the TWO PARTIES can't get together and pass a budget then the military MIGHT not be paid.

Anyway you and I need not hijack this thread into a political debate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Life changed for so many ten years ago today.  For myself I was to go to Afghanistan shortly.  For thousands of others, friends, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters and other loved ones would not come home on that day. The city that I call home would never be the same.  May God Bless the victims and their families and God Bless America.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Amen, and God Bless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

THANK YOU to all who have served!!!!   God Bless!  God bless all the victims & all the families who have lost & sacrificed...  then and now!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ""The.Babe"". Show ""The.Babe""'s posts

In Response to Re: Take a minute today...:
    [QUOTE]And, please, don't forget the thousands upon thousands of servicemen and innocent civilians that have died over the past ten years on pointless, unfounded wars. THAT has been the greatest atrocity, shame, and embarrassment of 9/11.

Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the victims' families. They aren't pointless or unfounded. Get a clue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

Life-long New Yorker here. I was living in White Plains at the time commuting in to Manhattan. Some of my neighbors didn't come home that night. Sometimes, the little things are the most haunting. There were cars parked in the parking lot at the train station that never seemed to move after that day. They didn't know what to do with the cars for about a month. I know it sounds strange, but seeing those cars parked in the same spot for weeks at a time, and you knew the owners had perished- would never be coming back to get them....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

One thing I remember about that awful day is the unity that resulted. We weren't Democrats and Republicans, we were Americans. Unfortunately, that lasted about 15 minutes.
    And please, nobody respond to this by pointing out who's fault that was. Though that would help prove my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghib-PMqHT0

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I've never really been able to wrap my arms around what happened. The senseless act of hate, the fears and final thoughts of all those who knew it was the end. Thank you to all the firefighters, police officers and everyday people, who came together as one. To all the military, who served and continue to keep this country safe. God bless all those who lost their lives, who struggled to survive and were left with a loss they could never fully recover from. I wish you all peace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My prayers out to everyone.

God Bless America.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A horrible day of infamy , perpetrated by the worst of humanity , that at the same time brought out the best and bravest examples of humanity.  Never forget.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A DAY OF REFLECTION FOR SURE. BASEBALL IS NOT THAT MUCH CENTER STAGE TODAY AS IT WAS YESTERDAY.  THANK YOU TO ALL THE PATRIOTS THAT ARE STANDING THE POST.   I ONLY WISH AMERICA WOULD WAKE UP TO ALL THIS "P C" STUFF AND UNDERSTAND THAT "T H E Y" WANT TO TAKE OUR WAY OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT AWAY  !!  AND THAT INCLUDES OUR VERY, VERY, VERY WEAK ADMINISTRATION IN WASHINGTON D C THAT WOULD RATHER HIT THE "RE-START BUTTON" AND BEFRIEND THE ENEMY THAN PROTECT THE FREEDOMS THAT AMERICA HAS NURTURED FOR 240 +- YEARS ......  WAKE UP AMERICA, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !!   GOD SAVE THE USA AND ALL THE SOLDIERS & SERVICE PEOPLE THAT ARE HOLDING THE LINE OF FREEDOM !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

[QUOTE]  A DAY OF REFLECTION FOR SURE. BASEBALL IS NOT THAT MUCH CENTER STAGE TODAY AS IT WAS YESTERDAY.  THANK YOU TO ALL THE PATRIOTS THAT ARE STANDING THE POST.   I ONLY WISH AMERICA WOULD WAKE UP TO ALL THIS "P C" STUFF AND UNDERSTAND THAT "T H E Y" WANT TO TAKE OUR WAY OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT AWAY  !!  AND THAT INCLUDES OUR VERY, VERY, VERY WEAK ADMINISTRATION IN WASHINGTON D C THAT WOULD RATHER HIT THE "RE-START BUTTON" AND BEFRIEND THE ENEMY THAN PROTECT THE FREEDOMS THAT AMERICA HAS NURTURED FOR 240 +- YEARS ......  WAKE UP AMERICA, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !!   GOD SAVE THE USA AND ALL THE SOLDIERS & SERVICE PEOPLE THAT ARE HOLDING THE LINE OF FREEDOM !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

The terrorists target many countries - not just the USA. Any country that sides with Israel is on their list to terrorize. I still have no idea how to defeat an enemy that straps explosives to women and children who then detonate it in a crowd. The final solution will be to figure out their motivations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]  A DAY OF REFLECTION FOR SURE. BASEBALL IS NOT THAT MUCH CENTER STAGE TODAY AS IT WAS YESTERDAY.  THANK YOU TO ALL THE PATRIOTS THAT ARE STANDING THE POST.   I ONLY WISH AMERICA WOULD WAKE UP TO ALL THIS "P C" STUFF AND UNDERSTAND THAT "T H E Y" WANT TO TAKE OUR WAY OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT AWAY  !!  AND THAT INCLUDES OUR VERY, VERY, VERY WEAK ADMINISTRATION IN WASHINGTON D C THAT WOULD RATHER HIT THE "RE-START BUTTON" AND BEFRIEND THE ENEMY THAN PROTECT THE FREEDOMS THAT AMERICA HAS NURTURED FOR 240 +- YEARS ......  WAKE UP AMERICA, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !!   GOD SAVE THE USA AND ALL THE SOLDIERS & SERVICE PEOPLE THAT ARE HOLDING THE LINE OF FREEDOM !!!!
    ... and there it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

To some degree I agree with what you're saying but for today we should try to leave some of the partisan stuff aside and honor the victims and those who have sacrificed for our country.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

speaking for myself, i have had enough of arguing nonsense... sad day watching that second plane hit

25. This post has been removed.