Take Him Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Take Him Out

Who cares about getting Wakefield the win. 

Take him out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Take Him Out

Thanks Terry. Too late. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Terry - Listen. Getting a win for the team is more important than Wakefield's personal goals.  Everyone saw he was done and you were trying to squeeze in a win for him, and you don't get any more innings out of him.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

MY POST SEEMS REDUNDANT NOW...YOU ALL SAID IT !
    TERRY CARES MORE FOR TIM'S EGO THAN THE WELFARE
    OF THE TEAM. WE HAD A 6-2 LEAD AND LOST IT. THIS
    WILL HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE FRANCONA
    WILL SEND TIM OUT EVERY FIFTH DAY TO LOSE A GAME
    AND GIVE UP A HALF DOZEN RUNS....ALL TO MAKE TIMMY
    HAPPY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Coma strikes again...sickening

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I wasn't about the win.  It was about the innings because of last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Take Him Out:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't about the win.  It was about the innings because of last night.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

These guys don't get that.  They have no idea that when a team goes 16 innings the night before the bullpen is depleted.

They aren't that smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Him Out : These guys don't get that.  They have no idea that when a team goes 16 innings the night before the bullpen is depleted. They aren't that smart.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

And did they end up saving the bullpen?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Him Out : And did they end up saving the bullpen?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

No, but he felt like he had to try.  Showalter was in the same boat, he left his guy in for 6 runs.  Not much different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Him Out : And did they end up saving the bullpen?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

See that isn't the point.  He wanted to try and save the bullpen because his team went 16 innings last night so he gave his starter a longer leash then he normally would.

That's baseball 101.  If you don't know this stuff I can't help you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Jimdavis,

Please do not impugn the intelligence of one of our favorite posters, georom, he of the "take 'em out in the first inning if they give up a walk or, worse, a run because that trend will continue."  Unless, of course, the starter stays in and pitches a good game and the Sox win.  In which case, of course, georom will scuttle into some dark corner and wait for the next loss.  In fact, I believe he might be doing that right now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Coma strikes again...sickening
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Georom,

You must be related to Softy and Billyboy. After tonight the Sox will be 22 games over .500 possibly on the way to a 100 win season with the second best record in MLB and yet all you do is whine about Francona. Get a life and learn something about baseball, because it's apparent to most like Sgt.Schultz in Hogan's Heroes, "you know nothing".

Hetchinspete

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Him Out : These guys don't get that.  They have no idea that when a team goes 16 innings the night before the bullpen is depleted. They aren't that smart.
    I don't get it. In my MLB 2K11, I pitched Beckett Saturday and then turned around and started him on Sunday. Why can't Coma do that, too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-E. Show Big-E's posts

Talking about "take him out" - it's clear that Gonzo needs rest to recover from all those homer swings last week at the ASGame. What a mistake ! Oriole series not the best time to do it with Ortiz sitting out, but his timing's way off (slow stuff fooling him) and didn't he say somewhere that his shoulders are tight ? Bad time to send Sutton down. These "minor" tweaks make all the difference at this level: witness Ells and Beckett last year, Pedey and Youk earlier this year, Lester & Buchholz now. Too easy to get annoyed at sub-par performance when injuries unknown to fans are behind it. Don't you love these guys though ? With everyone healthy we've got the juggernauts of juggernauts !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

Thank you. 

n Response to Re: Take Him Out:

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Him Out : See that isn't the point.  He wanted to try and save the bullpen because his team went 16 innings last night so he gave his starter a longer leash then he normally would. That's baseball 101.  If you don't know this stuff I can't help you.

Pretty straightforward.

In another post, I posted that Uehara wasn't available last night because Bucky pitched him for the third straight day on Sunday, despite a 5-run 9th inning lead.  So you can improve your chances marginally on one day by dramatically decreasing them on another day.

You have to gamble that either Wake gets the out, or that we have enough offense to overcome a one-run deficit.

Tito gambled and won.

Sections
Shortcuts