Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part IV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part IV

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part IV:
    They have such a deep farm system that they could trade 3 good prospects for help this year and still have a very bright future. I think this might be the year they "go for it all"an make a couple deals to bolster their chances at a ring. My main point has not been to expose softy's idiotic notions on the Rays, although that has been easy to do, but to show that this team is managed well. No other team has 2 division wins in the last 3 years (especially in the toughest division in MLB) and a farm (future) as strong as TB does. They are not going away, this year of for quite some time. Great pitching wins games, divisions and championships. TB has some great young starters, and many of them already have pressure and playoff experience under their belt. Even the resident clown has said baseball is all about pitching, but for some reason, he'd rather forget all that than admit I have been right about TB last year and this. He was horribly wrong last year and looks to be just as wrong this year as well. Only time will tell. I will still be here to admit I was wrong, if TB "goes away early", but we all know the clown will have had 8-10 new identities and erased statements to deny.

Posted by moonslav59

Again I ask, why aren't you calling out your significant other harness for his prediction that the orioles would finish in second in the ALE?

Crickets...............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have several times. Also, he has admitted he made a mistake; something your significant other is incapable of doing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

I have several times. Also, he has admitted he made a mistake; something your significant other is incapable of doing.

Posted by moonslav59

I didn't see you start a thread calling harness out on it, but yet you feel the need to continuously start threads calling softball out on his tampa bay prediction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I didn't see you start a thread calling harness out on it, but yet you feel the need to continuously start threads calling softball out on his tampa bay prediction.

"Calling out" softy is different. harness admitted his mistake and that was the end of the discussion. Softy still clings to his position and now denies he ever said TB would "go away" last year. Softy keeps saying divisions are won on pitching, but changes his criteria when evaluating TB. He's not alone in thinking that TB would fade away after losing Soriano, Crawford, Pena and others. I have attempted to show that TB has replaced most of those players with equal or (so far) better producers, but one certain clown is in denial... as always. Your defending the clown is troublesome. harness was grossly wrong on Baltimore. He has been wrong on other issues as well, and I have had some heated debates with him as well. It just so happenes that softy has been wrong on nearly every issue since last year, so he gets more air time. Sorry if that bothers you so much. If harness was as wrong as softy, he'd have threads in his honor as well. (oh, wait a minute....he does!)

This thread is not just about softy and others who feel TB has been lucky; it is about discussing a very well run low budget team that has built a highly competitive team while balancing the future prospects in such a way that there is no comparision in MLB. TB is in our division and discussing them has relevance. This team keeps scoring and winning without the traditional high OPS on offense. They have a great young starting staff and a history of getting the most out of their pen...pens that look sketchy in the Spring (on paper).

As to starting new threads, the last thread was closed, so I kept the lively debate going by starting part IV.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Tampa Bay has proven they are not "going away". It's late June, which in baseball, is very late and ends up being about the same pace setters as late September. The author of this thread has a savior like ability to predict the future of what a stimulus will do and how the Rays will "not go away". When he said that the Twins coudln't afford Joe Mauer, he admitted to his mistake. If he's wrong on this, he'll admit it. Admitting his mistakes makes him qualified to be Vice President, but not President.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2 division wins in 3 years.
    An unprecedented among of top draft picks in a deep draft season.

I guess the Marlins' current management team is the better small market model.

You are right softy. You are always right.

You should run for czar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

I guess two to three years is the way to measure a "current management team".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If you really think the Marlins current ownership/management team is following the same model of Wayne Huizenga ('93-'98) and John Henry ('99-'01), then you really are a clown.

The Marlins have one of the worst farm systems in MLB. Their most recent deals of megastars have netted very little. They do not have a bright future outlook.

TB has changed their model under Mathew Silverman (5 years ago) and Stuart Sternberg (winter of '05-'06). They significantly ugraded their player developement operations and built training facilities in the Dominican Republic, Brazil, and Columbia. Andrew Friedman was appointed head of baseball operation after the 2005 season. He knows his stuff. You clearly do not.

If you fail to recognize new ownership, new leaders of baseball operations, and new general managers have changed the "model" for the Marlins and Rays, then you clearly have no clue.

The Marlin model of the 90's to 2002 was indeed an excellent small market model. The Marlins today are nothing like the team and model of that time.

The Rays are a much different franchise since about 2005. It took a while for the farm system build-up to show results. Some mistakes were made along the way, but the team built is a strong team with solid yound starting pitchers, a fully stocked farm system from top to bottom, young stars locked up a low cost, and perhaps the best low budget manager in MLB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Personally I have always despised the very idea of the team in Tampa. Having the unfortunate experience of watching a game there only solidified my desire to see them fold up shop.

That said, as a baseball fan I would not mind them scaring New York and Boston by making a real move this summer in the acquisition of Jose Reyes ... then of course I hope to see Boston run over them like a steamroller over a basket of Florida oranges in the 2011 ALCS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part IV : I didn't see you start a thread calling harness out on it, but yet you feel the need to continuously start threads calling softball out on his tampa bay prediction.
    Posted by The--Babe

I don't need a Yankees fan to fight my battles for me.

There is still half a season to play, plenty of time for Tampa to show us the team they really are. Although Theo is trying to give them a run for their money as underperforming team in the AL East.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I couldn't give an owl's azz about projecting right or wrong. Softy is the one who makes that a cyberspace life & death issue. As many times as Moon & I post - covering numerous topics - of course some projections will fall short.

We saw the O's for a 43-1 shot at finishing 2nd/beating out NY.
    Anybody should know how rare longshots like that come in.
    I enjoy playing longshots...the ones I feel are flying under the radar.

The O'sare 9 games out of the WC. The Rays could slip and the O's could get hot, but odds are against it. I'd say Moon was right about Tampa and he researched them well.

Ny surprises me in that they have really played well against most everyone but Boston. But there's plenty of time left. Anything could happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tampa Bay has proven they are not "going away". It's late June, which in baseball, is very late and ends up being about the same pace setters as late September. The author of this thread has a savior like ability to predict the future of what a stimulus will do and how the Rays will "not go away". When he said that the Twins coudln't afford Joe Mauer, he admitted to his mistake. If he's wrong on this, he'll admit it. Admitting his mistakes makes him qualified to be Vice President, but not President.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman

Like tricky Dickie?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part IV : Like tricky Dickie?
    Posted by harness

Reminds me of that Rowan & Martin joke about him.

Martin: Trickie Dickie?

Rowan: That's not a nice thing to say. What would his wife think?

Martin: Trickie Dickie?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Can't u2 just drop it? We are talking baseball here on this particular thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Personally I have always despised the very idea of the team in Tampa. Having the unfortunate experience of watching a game there only solidified my desire to see them fold up shop.

I always thought North Carolina would be a nice spot for TB to move to. The whole state loves their minor league ball; I think they would support a ML team way more than the Tampa Bay region does. Plus, maybe softy would follow them instead of pretending to be a Sox fan.

(I saw the opening day game there when the bullpen by committee blew the game. The park wasn't as bad as I expected.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moving is an option, I still favor contraction. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We agree on that.

If teams can't even sell out playoff games, something is wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hellickson is looking more and more like the real deal, despite what softy said about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

They're not going away because they have a really good manager.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hellickson is gonna be scary.  He's already tough, at times.

And if softy is picking on him, thay's almost a stamp of you betcha.

Sections
Shortcuts